008

Sunsets Without You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

— You're so cold and you're so hurtful

 

 

 

Xiaoting's

 

 

It's been almost a month since Yujin unnie suddenly left and not yet coming back, after I woke up that night I got drunk she's no longer here at the dorm.

 

 

I know she's the one who bought me at the bed that night I got wasted, I know it, and that's all I can remember

 

 

 Manager-nim said she took a week or rather a month of days off, and what shocks me more is that managers and our company's entertainment suddenly announced at the mid of November that our group will be in a hiatus for awhile like for about a month or two, I can't understand, they won't tell us the main reason, they said that it's because it's almost Christmas and New Year and it's our chance to rest for long and be with our family and relatives. But there's really something that bother's me a lot, which is Yujin unnie's sudden absence, I can't help not to overthink because who wouldn't?Right after that night everything seems changed.

 

 

"Manager-nim!" 

 

 

I called her as I stood up and slightly ran towards her, I'm currently here inside our company, no one would recognize me because I'm wearing a cap and a facemask, not unless some people might recognize my voice, I can clearly see the confuse look of our manager as I approach her.

 

 

" It's me Xiaoting " I slightly whispered but enough for her to hear and I saw how her eyes suddenly grew wide.

 

 

"Xiaoting?Oh God why are you here?Come here let's talk somewhere." She said as she slowly drag me somewhere where's there's only a few people.

 

 

"Manager-nim, I was just gonna ask you something so please answer me with pure honesty" I said in a serious tone, she just nods.

 

 

"Where did Yujin unnie go?Like for real do you have any of her contacts?It looks like she also changed her number, she also deactivated all of her SNS, manager-nim I'm so worried about her, on her whereabouts, I really don't know—" 

 

 

I suddenly stopped from talking as she sigh deeply.

 

 

"Calm down Xiaoting, you're starting to rumble" I just nods softly, manager-nim sighs again.

 

 

"The truth is, I really don't know too Xiaoting, she didn't told me the exact reason. Including me and the other managers doesn't know the exact main reason of her sudden absence, but before she left she said that she'll be fine and we don't need to worry, she sort of said also that she'll need time for herself and her family, like Xiaoting I'm telling the truth right now. I also have no clue on her whereabouts."

 

I bit my lips as I clench my fist, I nod, an unsure nod as I could say.

 

 

"Okay then, thank you manager-nim"

 

 

"Wait, are you with someone?Do you want to accompany you for awhile?"

 

 

I shook my head. "No it's okay, I'll head straight at the dorm after this, I'll go now manager-nim." I said as I fake a smile, now she's giving me that worried look.

 

 

Where could she possibly be?

 

 

 

 

 

As I was about  to open our dorm's door, I can clearly hear a noise coming from inside.

 

 

What's with the noise, are they playing or something?

 

 

When I'm about to open the door, I was startrucked of a person who opened it before me.

 

 

Yujin unnie..

 

 

I hug her, I hug her so tight.

 

 

"Yujin unnie, I missed you so much" I speak with a shaky voice, she just stood there like a statue, didn't even dare to reciprocate my hug, she starts to tap my back gently.

 

 

"I missed you too, stop crying now" she said near my ear, but there's a tone with those words, it seems plain and cold.

 

 

Shut it Xiaoting, she said she misses you too

 

 

She breaks the hug and stares at me.

 

 

"Where have you been?I'm so worried about you, I—" I stopped from talking as I feel her hand touches mine.

 

 

"Xiaoting I—" she suddenly stops from talking and as curious why as I am she's looking at my hand that she's been now holding, her thumb touching the ring that I'm wearing, she immediately remove her hand.

 

 

" I'll talk to you later, Shiro, Karu and Yeseo, let's go now"

 

 

She walk passed by me, I looked at Shiro and she starts giving me a worry yet pity look, I don't know but I suddenly felt a pang inside my chest.

 

 

"Xiaoting unnie you're home!" I came back to my senses when Hiyyih approaches me, I forced a smile and nod. "They're just gonna go buy some snacks and drinks. Finally Yujin unnie's back" Hiyyih said happily.

 

 

I'm happy that she's back but I'm lowkey hurting, I dunno why but there's something in her changed or maybe I'm just being delusional?

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter