CHAPTER 2

Marry You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seulgi's PoV

 

 

"Hi, Wendy." I greeted my friend.

 

 

Son Seungwan, also known as Wendy. She's a cardiologist and I asked her to be my Dad's personal doctor. She's the only doctor that I trust for my Father's health.

 

 

"Seulgi-ah, how's Uncle doing?" She asked expectantly.

 

 

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" I jokingly asked. I started laughing with my own joke but I noticed that she's not even chuckling and remained with her worried look.

 

 

"Don't give me that look Seungwan, how's the result of Dad's check-up?" I nervously asked.

 

 

 

"His heartbeat was still irregular Seul, it was slow and the gap was really long this time. He needed surgery as soon as possible, Seulgi. Or else...I'm afraid it will eventually stop on it's own." Wendy started with a sad voice.

 

 

I gasped for air as I was holding my breath while listening to Wendy's findings.

 

 

How can Dad smile at me every morning as if he's not experiencing any pain?

How can he be happy with his current state?

How can he not tell me what he's really feeling?

 

 

"Wendy, please don't tell this to Mark and Haechan. I'll be the one who's gonna tell them." I said in a low voice.

 

 

"Promise, I won't. Just please, persuade Uncle to undergo the operation. I brought it up to him a couple of times but he-"

 

 

"He doesn't want to." I cut off her statement because I brought it up to Dad also. "He didn't want to have an operation not until he saw me already settled in Seungwan. He wants an assurance because he's scared that he might die during the operation." My voice trembled as tears came out of my eyes.

 

 

"Hush, Seulgi ah." Wendy reached out a hug for me as I kept crying on her shoulder. There's a lot of possible scenarios inside my head and it all involves negative things about my father's health. I don't want him to die, not this soon.

 

 

I didn't notice that I was staying long in Wendy's office when my phone started ringing. It was my father calling. "Seulgi-ah, where are you? The visitors are already here." Dad's cheerful voice greeted me and made me tear up again. I gasped for air and tried my best to sound as normal as possible.

 

 

"Caught up in traffic Dad. You can start eating, I'm quite full because Sunmi unnie's café opened up." I tried to sound as cheerful as possible when I mentioned Sunmi unnie's café. I just hope it won't sound unnatural.

 

 

"Okay, drive safe. We're gonna eat now." Dad ended the call with his sweet voice that made me cry again.

 

 

"Seulgi, you need to be strong. Go fix yourself, you surely don't want to go home with that look." Wendy teased as she showed me the mirror. My face was really messed up.

 

 

"I will Wendy. I don't think I can lose my father this early." I tried giving her a small smile as I left her office.

 

 

I reached our house quickly, thank heaven I wasn't caught up in traffic. Plus, the hospital was just a couple of drives from our house. I finally reached our gate and it opened up automatically.

 

The lights were all open in every corner of the small road. Not long after I reached the circular fountain at the front of our main door. I parked my car towards the left side when I saw that there's an unfamiliar car already parked on the right side.

 

It must be the car of Dad's guests.

 

I casually walked inside the house. The grandiose staircase greeted me once again plus the emptiness of the living room. I heard some muffled voices coming from the dining room, it was new for me.

 

 

I slowly walked in while listening to their conversation. My dad's earthly laugh was heard.

 

 

"Really? Haechan was your classmate?" I heard Dad's question laced out with happiness.

 

 

"Yes sir, he's quite funny though he's popular with his jokes." I heard a woman's voice as she answered my father. "Though, I find it lame sometimes." She added.

 

 

The last statement made me grin.

 

 

"Appa, she's bashing me. My jokes are funny right?" Haechan whined like a kid and it was followed by laughter.

 

I carried my sling bag on it's handle together with my Ipad as I made my way to the dining hall. I was greeted by Ms. Youngja at the entrance and asked me for my bag. I kept my Ipad in my hands and gave her my bag.

 

 

I made my face as calm as ever when I noticed their attention was averted on me.

 

"Noona," "My lovely sister, Annyeong" Mark and Haechan greeted me, but I was more surprised by Haechan's greetings.

 

 

"Haechan-ah, did you do something wrong?" I squinted my eyes on him as he shook his head while smiling.

 

 

I noticed that the guests stood up while looking at me. I was greeted by a woman who I think was in her late 40's.

 

 

"Hello dear, I'm Kim Lena and this is my husband Kim Taeoh." She smiled sweetly as she introduced herself and her husband.

 

 

Kim Taeoh.

 

 

"I've heard of Mr. Kim. I must say that your wine tastes great." I gave a small smile as I acknowledged him with my formal voice.

 

He looked relieved as he smiled at me with a hint of recognition on his face. "It's a pleasure to be recognized by you. We only see you in gatherings but we don't get a chance to talk to you." He narrated that made his wife nod.

 

 

"Take a seat, I'm sorry I'm joining you halfway."

 

 

I kissed my Father's cheek before taking my seat on his right. I noticed the woman, maybe the same age as Haechan, who's still looking at me. I saw amazement and recognition on her face. I gave her a warm smile that made wide open.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter