CHAPTER 4

Marry You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seulgi's PoV

 

 

After our meeting, Jongin and I decided to go buy our rings. For the engagement and wedding. It will be much easier for us to pretend if we wear our rings.

 

 

 "Kai-"

 

 

"Call me Jongin to make it more believable." He cut me off.

 

 

 

"Okay, Jongin. About the invitation, just tell me who among your relatives will attend--."

 

 

 

"No one's gonna attend, we don't want to involve them in this." He cut me off shortly.

 

 

Oh, okay?

 

 

 

"I don't mean to offend you but knowing that this marriage won't last, my parents and I talked about it last night." He then explained.

 

 

Yes, of course.

 

 

This marriage won't even last.

 

 

"Yeah, sure." I just nodded. "Well, I've invited a few of my friends." I carefully said.

 

 

 

He seemed surprised by what I said and looked at me but he gradually looked back again at the front and focused on driving. It's like he wanted to ask me something about it and now I just felt that I needed to explain further more.

 

 

Is he worried that our plan might get sabotaged?

 

 

"Don't worry, some of them were also running their own business. They won't ask unless I initiate to tell them about us. About the relatives part, both of my parents were the only children so we don't really have any close relatives." I explained.

 

 

I saw him nod as he slowed down the pace of his car and parked it outside the swarovski store. I just hope I'm not followed by any kind of media.

 

 

 

"Seulgi." He called when I was about to open the door on my side. "Can we at least pretend that we're in love with each other? At least you know, act sweet?" He tried his best not to cringe on whatever he is suggesting by avoiding my eyes.

 

 

 

"Sure thing, Love." I chuckled before opening up the door on my side.

 

Confidence is the key.

 

 

Yes I believe in that. Did I just suggest such a cringey thing?

 

 

Gosh, I hope this will really work.

 

 

I heard his small laugh while shaking his head and later on slid off his car. "Next time wait for me to open the door for you, Sweet." He said with a hint of humor in his tone.

 

 

 

"So, I am sweet now?" I unbelievably asked with his sudden endearment.

 

 

"Why? You don't like it?" He asked as he held me by my waist and opened up the door of the jewelry store.

 

 

All of the saleswomen averted their gaze towards our direction. Some of them recognized me while the others were looking at Jongin, or more likely admiring him.

 

 

I tore my gaze on them and faced Jongin who's still waiting for my answer. "It's okay but I bet you can think of something better than that." I answered while smiling at him.

 

 

He just chuckled and guided me towards the ring section.

 

 

"Oh my gosh, isn't she Ms. Kang Seulgi?" I've heard some of the staff whispering. Oh God, I know this would happen. I just hope they won't post anything this early. I don't want to attract the media right now. It would be better if we stay low-key.

 

 

 

I just feel like we'll be sabotaged if we get caught right now by the public.

 

 

"Hey, you okay?" Jongin turned to me and I saw his confused look. "Don't mind their attention okay? Just focus on me." He added.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter