CHAPTER 3

Marry You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3 Marry You

 

Seulgi's PoV

 

 

"What about your girlfriend?" I asked.

 

 

 

"She'll understand. I'm sure of it." He answered. "So what are we gonna do?" He asked.

 

 

 

I bit my lip as I still felt guilty about her girlfriend. Even though this marriage seems rushed, still, I don't want to have any problems with our wedding. I don't want to be blamed, even if I'm the one who really suggested this plan.

 

 

 

"Uh, let's talk about it tomorrow." My voice was back to its formal tone. I glanced towards Mr. and Mrs. Kim, as well as to their son. He raised his brow on me as if he's telling me that he didn't expect my answer. "It's getting late, I'm sorry but my father should be resting right now." I reasoned out.

 

 

I saw my father grunt and sighed heavily. He must be tired now. I saw the worried look from our guests when they glanced towards my father who smiled weakly.

 

 

"It's fine dear, we understand." Mrs. Kim said knowingly.

 

 

"Don't worry, I'll keep my word." I assured them. Mr. Kim nodded and let out a sigh.

 

 

"Thank you, Ms. Kang. We put our trust in you." Mr. Kim offered a handshake as a sign of our agreement and I gladly accepted it.

 

 

 

"My pleasure. Let me guide you on your way out." I offered. "Mark, Haechan, accompany Dad to his room." I ordered in which they answered 'ne' in chorus.

 

 

 

My father bid his goodbye to the Kims as well as my two brothers before heading towards the private elevator in our house. It connects the first and second floor. It was all for Dad's safety.

 

 

I forbid him to take the stairs. I can't afford to let him get tired by just walking his way using the long staircase.


 

"Ms. Seulgi, I'm Yeri Kim. I couldn't get to introduce myself earlier." The young woman matched her pace with me as she introduced herself and gave me a warm smile.

 

 

"Call me unnie, Yeri-ah." I said while smiling genuinely.

 

 

"Jinja?!" She excitedly asked, which made her family look at us. "Oops, sorry." She shyly said.

 

 

 

"She's excited dear, she doesn't have any older sister." Mrs. Kim said that made Yeri nod shyly.

 

 

 

"Bye unnie." Yeri waved at me as she got inside the car with her mother.

 

 

"Thank you for your help Ms. Kang. Even so, I don't think there's a benefit on your side by helping us." Mr. Kim Taeoh said shyly. Maybe from his point of view, he thought that I won't get anything with this marriage.

 

 

But he's wrong.

 

 

Because, it will benefit me. If you're looking at my point of view. I need to get married just to assure Dad then later on I will talk to him about having an operation.

 

 

"Don't say that Mr. Kim. I'm willing to help. I'll take care of it." I said while smiling. "Also, if you really want to repay me. Visiting my father and accompanying him will be enough." I added with a low voice.

 

 

 

"Dongwon was lucky to have you, Ms. Kang."

 

 

 

"Just call me Seulgi, Mr. Kim." I said. "Besides, his health was really not good. That's why I can't help but to worry."

 

 

 

"We'll visit him again. We should go now." Mr. Kim patted my shoulder before heading to their car.

 

 

 

His son, Jongin, was about to walk past me when I grabbed his hand to catch his attention. He stopped and faced me. I quickly let go of his hand when I felt electrocuted by our sudden contact.

 

 

"What?" He dryly asked while looking directly at me.

 

 

Now I felt a bit conscious. There's only a small distance and we're facing each other. What if he gets disappointed by my appearance?

 

 

The fact that I just cried earlier and I know that my eyes were still a bit puffy. Being this close with him, surely my concealer won't be enough by hiding the puffiness of my eyes.

 

 

"Tomorrow, in Kang's Company. Let's discuss our setup." I quickly answered.

 

 

He just nodded his head without uttering any word and started heading to their car.

 

 

He went inside the passenger seat and shut the door afterwards. Yeri rolled out the window on her side and waved at me once again. "Bye, Unnie!" She yelled.

 

 

 

I waved my right hand and gave her a smile once again. The car honked two times as a sign of their farewell. I slightly bowed my head as they maneuvered the car to the entrance of our vicinity.

 

 

I looked at their retreating car and averted my gaze towards the sky. I hugged my body as the evening breeze greeted me. As much as I want to admire the night sky, I know I won't win the coldness of the night.

 

 

---

 

 

Kai's PoV

 

 

I looked at the huge building in front of me. As an architect, I'm surely amazed by the structure of this company. This cost a lot of fortune. The materials are not those sloppy ones, it was not cheap.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter