CHAPTER 1

Marry You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Seulgi's PoV

 

 

"Miss Seulgi, your father wants to talk to you." My secretary, Chaeyeon, peeked inside my office as she transferred the call from my father.

 

 

I signalled her to go back to her desk and picked up the phone. "Yes Dad, are you hurt? I'm gonna call Wendy-"

 

 

 

"Slow down, princess." Dad cut me off. "I'm fine Seulgi. No need to worry, we're just together earlier and now you're freaking out." He said while chuckling, just to ease the tension and to assure me that he's really fine.

 

 

"Dad, I can't help it. You're getting old for heaven's sake." I sighed.

 

 

 

"Of course. Everyone's supposed to get old, even you." He gave me a teasing laugh.

 

 

 

"Yeah, tell that to Mark and Haechan, Dad." I rolled my eyes as I mentioned my younger brother's name.

 

 

 

Dad laughed at my statement. "Princess, someone dear to us called me this morning. It turns out that they needed our help. More likely, an investment, I assumed." My father narrated.

 

 

 

Someone dear to us?

 

 

I don't quite reckon that there's someone close to our family? We've been living quietly without any excess baggage and wings, since I don't know when.

 

 

When it's business, it's purely business. That's how we managed to stay at the top of the pyramid, in the family's elite ranking. I have friends, and acquaintances but it's in my circle. But, on Dad's part. Maybe he has some close friends, but I doubt it because he's not leaving our house ever since he stopped managing our company.

 

 

He's playing golf, but only inside our vicinity.

 

 

Also, I won't ever let him tire himself out.

 

 

"They should seek help directly from the company and shouldn't bother you personally, Dad." I tried to speak in a calm manner even though I'm quite annoyed.

 

 

 

"Seulgi, they're a close friend of your Mom." Dad replied with a hint of sadness in his voice.

 

 

 

Ever since my mother died, my father stepped down from his position and that's my cue to take over in every company that we have. As the eldest, It's obvious that all of the responsibilities will be on me. But, I'm happy with what I'm doing since I don't know when. 6 years ago? Or 7? At the age of 19, Kang's Group of Company was in my hands.

 

 

Or more likely, the company has acquired most of my time and youth.

 

 

"Besides, I invited them for dinner later here in our house, to discuss their proposal." My father added.

 

 

 

"Fine, I'll be home." I sighed.

 

 

 

"Okay, take care Seulgi-ah." He then ended the call.

 

 

I rested my back on my swivel chair and darted my eyes towards my i-pad. All of our stocks were rising. My investments were increasing and the company's value rose up to 867 billion.

 

 

I glanced at my table clock, 9 am. At 10 am, I know that's when I'm going to work nonstop again. I surely hate meetings and dealerships.

 

 

I heard a knock and Chaeyeon peeked inside again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter