Unexpected Visitor

Red String

It was an ordinary day in the restaurant, full of customers that's why all are busy with their own tasks. A young pretty woman entered the place and it seems like she was looking for someone. Halmeoni noticed the familiar girl and called her.

"Nina!"

"Halmeoni!"

"It's been a long time since I saw you. You're a grown woman now very pretty."

"Yes, it's been a long time and I really miss you halmeoni. I'm so happy to finally see you, still healthy and strong."

"Me too, I'm happy to see you. But I know the true reason why you're here. Logan?"

Nina blushed. "You know me too well halmeoni. Where is he?"

"Oh, he's busy serving customers. Wait, let me call him. Junki, please call Logan for me."

"Serving customers? Is he working as a staff and not?"

"Yes, he needs to learn things" Halmeoni smiled.

After a few seconds, Logan came and was surprised seeing Nina.

"Nina? What are you doing here?"

"Oppa!" Nina run to Logan and hugged him. "I miss you!"

Logan just pats her back. "You really went all the way here".

"Of course. I said I'll visit you. If I said it, I'll do it."

"Same old Nina, very stubborn"

"Hey! I'm not stubborn, I'm persistent" Nina hits Logan's shoulders

"Ouch that hurts! I'll get you for that!"

"You're still like the old days" Halmeoni said. "Okay enough of that. Let's eat lunch together. I'll let you taste our specialties here."

"Really halmeoni? I'm excited! Oppa, join us for lunch"

"Ahm I think I can't cause there's so many customers." But it's just his excuse because he wants to have lunch in the kitchen with noona and others as they usually do.

"Join us Logan. The other boys can handle that." Halmeoni insisted.

"Arraseo" Logan can't do anything but surrender.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile in the kitchen...

"Unnie!!!"

"Oh, Yoonhee, why are you shouting? What happened"

"There's a girl out there. She seems close with halmeoni and Logan. Actually, she hugged Logan"

Suryeon's heart sank a bit as she heard that.

"Do you think she's the girlfriend unnie?"

"Ahm, maybe she is" Suryeon answered.

"Are you okay unnie?"

"Huh? Of course, I am. Why wouldn't I?"

But deep inside, she's not. Suryeon can't seem to understand why she's feeling this way and she hates it.

Before Yoonhee can further interrogate her feelings, Yoonchul came inside the kitchen.

"Chef noona, halmeoni said if you can prepare the abalone rice and blue crab stew. It's for the visitor."

"Oh yes sure. It will be ready in a few."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The foods are now ready to serve but Yoonchul and Junki are so busy with the other customers. Yoonhee, on the other hand, is washing the dishes. Left with no choice, Suryeon brought the food to them.

"Sorry for waiting. Here's the food. Enjoy!"

"Ahm Suryeon, I want you to meet Nina, she is Logan's childhood friend"

"And future wife" Nina added

Logan choked at what Nina said.

"Wae? Ever since we're kids, it's my dream of marrying you oppa"

"Oh, I remembered you two role-playing a wedding during your elementary days. You're so cute back then." Halmeoni said.

"Nice to meet you Nina. I'm Suryeon. You and Logan will surely make a wonderful couple."

Logan was surprised at what Suryeon said and his heart sank as she heard those words from her.

"Really? Oh, thank you! Ahm, can I call you unnie?" Nina asked Suryeon.

"Of course, you can" Suryeon smiled at her.

"Yay! You're so pretty unnie. I guess you're the head chef halmeoni is talking about. She said that they have the most beautiful cook here."

Suryeon blushed on her words. "Thank you."

"I want to learn how to cook actually so I can cook for Logan. Can you teach me please?"

"Wait, are you going to stay long here Nina?" Halmeoni asked.

"Yes, I'm planning to."

"Don't you have work?" Logan asked

"I have but I filed a 1 week leave. Luckily, I was allowed to."

"That's great! Where will you stay?"

"I'm still looking for hotels, but can I stay in your house halmeoni? It's also been ages since I went to your house. Pretty please?"

"You don't have to ask. You're welcome there"

"Thanks, halmeoni you're the best!"

Seeing how Nina is close to halmeoni and Logan makes Suryeon a bit jealous. But she knows her place, she's once a stranger and now has become their staff, only a staff. Nina is their family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nina was clingy to Logan the whole day. Everywhere he went she follows. He told her that he needs to work but she insists on helping him instead. Logan can't do anything but just let her.

The day has ended, and they are now ready to go home. As they went to Logan's jeep, Nina went in immediately to the front passenger seat. It was supposedly Suryeon's spot ever since Logan started to drive them to and from the restaurant (halmeoni chose to seat at the back). Before Logan could say anything, Suryeon went straight ahead in the back seat with halmeoni and Sec Hong.

The short trip going home was full of laughter. Nina and halmeoni reminiscing the past and telling embarrassing childhood stories of Logan. Sec Hong was enjoying it knowing that he can use these stories in the future against his boss. Suryeon was also enjoying it. She's glad to know Logan as a kid through the stories she's hearing but still can't help feel a bit of jealousy on how Nina knows him so well.

"They are really meant for each other" she thought to herself.

Logan, on the other hand, is so embarrassed especially that Suryeon is there. Yes, he wants her to know all these stories but not yet today. However, he can't stop halmeoni from talking so he just sighed.

"At least, noona is laughing" he said to himself smiling. After all, noona is his priority.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They now arrived at the house and they were busy thinking what their set-up will be because there's no vacant room already.

"Halmeoni, I remember I used to sleep in the bedroom downstairs right? Can I stay there?" Nina asked.

"I'm sorry Nina but Suryeon is staying there, maybe you could just..."

"No, she can stay there halmeoni, it's okay." Suryeon interrupted

"Thanks, unnie! You're so kind. I really appreciate it. Can I go there already? I'm really tired right now."

Suryeon nodded and Nina already went to the room after saying goodnight to everybody.

"Suryeon, you can just sleep in my room" Halmeoni said.

"Ah no halmeoni. It will be burdensome for you. I'm okay to sleep here in the sofa."

"No!" Logan kind of raised his voice which makes everyone startled. "You'll sleep in my room"

"But..."

"No buts noona. You'll sleep in my room. I'll sleep with Sec Hong."

"What???" Sec Hong responded.

"Wae? I'm still your boss. You have no choice."

"Yes, sir! But just don't snore"

"Excuse me, I snore quietly"

"Arraseo arraseo" Sec Hong said in defeat.

"So, I guess we're all set. Let's call it a day. Goodnight everyone."

As they are about to go their rooms, Suryeon called Logan.

"Logan, thank you."

"Anything for you noona. Goodnight!"

And they smiled to each other.