Getting To Know

Red String

Suryeon has woken up from a ringing sound. Still sleepy, she lazily reached out to the phone on her side. Looking at the screen, she suddenly realized that she doesn’t know the caller and that it is not her phone which makes her jump out of the bed.

 

“Wait, what’s happening?” Suryeon regaining her thoughts. She then recalled what happened earlier this morning.

 

“Oh no, it’s so embarrassing. Logan seeing me in that kind of state.” she sighed. Staring at the windows, she was shocked to see the sun already has risen.

 

“Oh my! What time is it? Shoot it’s 7am! I am so late!”

 

Suryeon rushed outside of her bedroom and saw Logan in the living room.

 

“Good morning, Suryeon-ssi” Logan greeted her smiling shyly.

 

“Good morning, Logan. Ahm here’s your phone.” Suryeon handed him his phone without looking at him directly because she was embarrassed on what happened earlier.

 

The atmosphere is becoming awkward until Suryeon spoke again.

 

“Where’s halmeoni and Sec Hong? Are they in the restaurant already? Why are you still here?”

 

“Ah yes they are in the restaurant already. Actually, I just gotten back here… to fetch you”

 

“Mwo?” Suryeon was a bit shocked.

 

In defense Logan said, “Halmeoni asked me to do it. I’ve mentioned what happened to you earlier and she said it’s much better to accompany you”

 

“Oh I see. Thank you. I’ll be ready in 15 mins.”

 

“Take your time. I’ll just wait here”

 

After 15 mins exactly, Suryeon is now ready to go. Logan was amazed on how she is disciplined on her time unlike him who’s always late.

 

“Let’s go” Suryeon said

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The silence was deafening on their way to the restaurant. Logan who’s not used to silence try to start a conversation.

 

“Ahm Suryeon-ssi, sorry about this morning. I know it was disrespectful to barge into someone else’s room, but I just can’t…”

“It’s okay. You don’t have to say sorry. I appreciate what you did sincerely. Thank you.” Suryeon looked at him and gave him her sweetest smile

 

“Oh no, my heart always skipping a beat everytime I see that beautiful smile. Eyes on the road self” Logan thought.

 

“Aside from halmeoni, you’re the only one who have comforted me like that. Yes, I was a bit surprised but what you did really helped” Suryeon added.

 

“I’m relieved to know that you’re not angry or scared at me hehe. I know the feeling of having nightmares that’s why I’m concerned”

 

“It’s hard right? Sometimes you just don’t want to sleep because of it”

 

“Yeah, but we have to overcome it. I know we can. I know you can.” He smiled at her. “Oh btw, did the music helped you get back to sleep?”

 

“Yes, it did. It’s so beautiful and calming and relaxing. And because of it, I think I overslept” They both laughed.

 

“It’s okay. Halmeoni understand”

 

Suryeon then remembered the missed calls on his phone.

 

“Logan, I forgot to tell you, there’s someone calling on your phone this morning. I think it has already 3 missed calls before I woke up. I’m sorry about it.”

 

“No, it’s okay. I’ll just call that person later”

 

 And they continued to talk, getting to know each other.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

As they arrived in the restaurant, Yoonhee is already busy in the kitchen and when she noticed Suryeon, she leaped to her feet and hugged her.

 

“Unnie, you’re finally here!”

 

“Wae?”

 

“People are coming and I’m not confident enough to cook your dishes alone.”

 

“Oh I’m sorry Yoonhee-yah. I overslept.”

 

“Wow unnie it’s my first time to hear you oversleeping. Usually, you can’t sleep. What’s new? Tell me”

 

“Nothing’s new. C’mon let’s start cooking”

 

“Tell me first unnie pls”

 

“Later I’ll tell you but let’s get to work first”

 

“Arrasseo”

 

While others are already busy with their tasks, Logan on the other hand is busy on his phone talking to someone.

 

“Hey, you called earlier? Why?”

 

“Yes and why didn’t you answer your phone?”

 

“It’s too early I’m still asleep”

 

“You also didn’t tell me that your father sent you to Pohang. How dare you!”

 

“I’m sorry. Everything went too fast, and my mind is still clouded with all that happened”

 

“Still, you should have told me. Anyways, I’ll go there to visit you one of these days. I miss you.”

 

“Arraseo. Sorry, I need to end the call. Halmeoni is calling me already. Bye.”

 

“Logan, wait!”

 

He ended the call and go back inside the restaurant to work. Seeing all those people, he said to himself, “this will be a long day”.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The day was indeed long. Many customers have arrived. Suryeon and Yoonhee was all day busy in the kitchen while the four boys were busy serving the customers. Logan, on his 2nd day, seemed to have adjusted already. He was also the crowd favorite. Some are even requesting him to serve them which makes him do the work more.

 

“Great job everyone! Thank you for today!” Halmeoni told them

 

“You know halmeoni, we are so thankful that Logan came here” Yoonchul said

 

“Yes, we are not that tired because Logan did most of the servings” Junki added

 

“Wae?” Halmeoni asked

 

“Most of the customers are requesting him especially the girls. It kinda hurt our ego.” Sec Hong said. “But, on the other hand, it saves us from doing much work”

 

The three boys laughed.

 

“Yah! You three took advantage of me! That’s so unfair!” Logan protested. “Halmeoni, there should be no requesting from customers”

 

“Well, customers are always right. That’s your disadvantage of being handsome” Halmeoni teased his grandson and all of them laughed. It seems Logan is having a good time already in Pohang.

 

Meanwhile in the kitchen….

 

“Unnie, tell me now what happened? Why you overslept?” Yoonhee asked Suryeon

 

“Ah that. I had a nightmare.”

 

“Oh again? Sorry to hear that. Wait, you told me before that you can’t sleep whenever you had nightmares but why is it the opposite?”

 

“Ahm… there’s someone who comforted me”

 

“Who? Halmeoni?”

 

“No, Logan”

 

“Logan??!!”

 

Yoonhee’s voice was a bit loud which makes Suryeon cover .

 

“Ssshhh lower your voice”

 

“Oh sorry unnie I was just surprised. Okay tell me more I’ll be silent promise”

 

“Okay. The moment I was having a nightmare, he was outside going to the kitchen to get some water and he heard my cries. I forgot to lock my door, so he barged in and woke me up”

 

“Then?”

 

“Because I was so scared, I held his shirt tightly”

 

“And?” Yoonhee is becoming impatient with Suryeon’s slow storytelling. “C’mon unnie drop it now”

 

“He hugged me”

 

“What??!!” Yoonhee shouted

 

“Yah! I told you to be quiet”

 

“Sorry unnie I can’t help this is so”

 

“Stop it.” Suryeon interrupted her

 

“That’s it?”

 

“No. When I calmed down, he gave me water and shared to me a relaxing music so I can sleep. He even left me his phone for that.”

 

“Oh my unnie! Logan is one sweet hell of a guy!”

 

“Yes, he is and I didn’t expect him to be like that. I was touched really”

 

“I think he likes you. No guy will do that to a girl especially with one you just met yesterday. Maybe love at first sight?” Yoonhee teasing

 

“I guess no. He said he was just concern because he too experiences nightmare and in fact, I think he has a girlfriend.”

 

“He has girlfriend? Well, with the looks of him, it’s impossible not having one”

 

“Yes, someone is calling him early in the morning and if I’m not mistaken the caller is a girl”

 

“Oh I see. I wish they breakup cause you and Logan are a perfect match”

 

“Haha that’s silly, Yoonhee. I’m way older than Logan. I’ll pass as his noona. Also, I don’t want to destroy any relationship. Btw, how is it going with Yoonchul”

 

“Oh unnie I have so many to tell you”

 

And both girls continue their chit chats while cleaning the kitchen.