Meeting You

Red String

Logan still can't believe that his father would do this to him. He is now on the way to Pohang. He really doesn't want to go. Aside that he will surely miss his city night life, he knows that the restaurant is not going well. And to add up, his grandma definitely won't leave him alone.

While Logan is lost in his thoughts, his secretary beside him is sulking because he too will also join in his sufferings. Poor Sec Hong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suryeon went to the market to buy some ingredients. Yoonhee usually accompanies her because she doesn't want to be alone in a place away from the restaurant. However, her friend is not feeling well that's why she has no choice but to go alone. Yoonchul and Junki cannot accompany her as well because there'll be no one left in the restaurant and there's so many people.

"I can do this. It just a market and it's not that far from here" Suryeon cheers herself.

She arrived at the market and was able to buy everything she needed. As Suryeon is about to leave, she saw a familiar figure from a far. Her heart raced and it was harder for her to breathe. She run with all her might to get out of the market immediately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan is enjoying his drive on his jeepney when suddenly someone cross the road. He almost hit the person but thankfully his reflexes are good, and he was able to pull the break.

"Sh**! What was that?!" Logan said in annoyance.

Sec Hong look outside and saw a woman trembling in fear.

"It's a woman and I don't think she's okay. I'll go down to check."

As Sec Hong is approaching the woman, Logan gazed from his car. He got curious so he decided to go down also. As he was about to do it, the woman immediately run away from them.

"What happened? Did you scare her?" Logan asked Sec Hong.

"No sir, I didn't do anything. I'm not started talking yet but she ran away."

"What's with her?" Logan wonders.

"I don't think she was injured sir. Luckily, you pulled the break. If not, we will be in another trouble again. Why are these unfortunate events happening?" Sec Hong couldn't help himself anymore and started ranting.

"I'm the best driver you forgot? C'mon let's just forget this happened. We need to go to the restaurant before halmeoni even calls me."

They got back to his car and while driving, Logan can't help but to think of that mysterious woman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suryeon finally got back to the restaurant. Still not in good condition, she proceeds to the restroom. Mrs. Lee noticed and went after her.

"What did just happen?" Suryeon tries to calm herself. "It's been 2 years already but I'm still like this."

"Suryeon-ah, are you okay? Did something happen in the market?" Mrs. Lee asked.

"I'm okay halmeoni. Don't worry."

"You know the drill. Tea in the evening and let's talk about it."

"Arraseo. Thanks halmeoni."

Only halmeoni and the restaurant can calm and comfort her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan finally arrived but he's reluctant to go down. It's been 7 years since he went to this place. And it's not his favorite memory at all.

"Are we not going down sir?" Sec Hong asked.

"If only that's possible" Logan answered.

After few minutes, they finally went down. As they enter the restaurant, all people were shocked with Logan's presence. Who would not be in awe seeing a tall man with blonde hair wearing shades and white t-shirt that makes him so cool. He looks like a celebrity and indeed a jaw dropper.

"Good afternoon, Sir! How many seats do you need?" Yoonchul greeted them.

"Anniyo, I'm here to see my grandmother."

"Oh grandmother? Mrs Lee? Ah so you're...."

"Logan-ah" Halmeoni calls him.

"Annyeong halmeoni" he bows down to greet his grandma.

"It's been a while. I miss you."

Logan just smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because it's lunch time and they're already hungry, Logan decided to try the dishes in the restaurant.

"It will be a good start to know and evaluate the food to come up with better planning" he thought. Working on the 1st day so he'll be able to go home as soon as possible.

"Try these new dishes. They're so popular here that everybody is ordering them." Halmeoni said as Yoonchul and Junki served them the abalone rice and blue crab stew.

"Wow these look so delicious!" Sec Hong said.

"Dig in. I know you're both hungry because of the long trip."

"Thanks halmeoni"

Just after the first few bites, Logan and Sec Hong were out of words. They find it so delicious that they don't know what to say.

"So, what do you think?" Halmeoni asked.

"This is... I've never tasted anything like this in my entire lifetime" Sec Hong expressed his admiration as he takes another spoonful of the abalone rice.

"How about Logan?"

"Hmm... it's extraordinary. Did you cook this halmeoni?"

"Ah no. It's the specialty of our head chef. Wait, let me just call her. Suryeon-ah, can you come here for a second?"

As Suryeon went out from the kitchen, Logan was shocked to see the woman who kept running on his mind since the car incident.