Comfort

Red String

They now arrived at halmeoni's house. Suryeon wondered if Logan was saying the truth that he can't remember the way home since he didn't even bother to ask her during the trip. But she just shrugged the thought since she's not yet okay because of the rain. Little did Suryeon know that Logan had struggled remembering the way and didn't have the guts to ask her because he knows she's not doing fine. He was nervous that they'll be lost but luckily, he managed to remember, and they arrived safely.

The rain has not stopped pouring and Suryeon still doesn't know how she'll be able to make her way to the house from the car. It's like she's being paralyzed by the rain. Deep inside, she wants to tell Logan who by the look in his face is curious and worried, but she knows she can't trust fully anyone yet aside halmeoni. Seconds passed and before Logan could ask, someone knocked on the car.

"Halmeoni!" Suryeon immediately opened the door and went down to hug grandma.

"Suryeon, are you okay? I'm so worried. Thankfully Logan is with you. Come let's go inside"

"Sir, I thought you're the grandson, but it seems your grandma loves Suryeon more" Sec Hong said while laughing

"You said so and it seems we'll be soaking wet because we don't have umbrella. C'mon run!" Logan replied

As they entered the house, halmeoni was shocked seeing Logan and Sec Hong soaking wet.

"Oh! I'm so sorry boys I forgot to give you umbrella. Did you run coming inside?"

"Yes halmeoni we ran all the way because we don't have any umbrella. What if we got sick? We're so pitiful"

"Yah!" Logan interrupted Sec Hong's attempt of being cute to halmeoni

"It doesn't suit you being cute stop it"

Suryeon giggled on their funny antics and halmeoni was surprised seeing her calm down easily like that.

"Okay enough. Go take a bath and change your clothes. I've already prepared your room, Logan. Sec Hong can sleep on the guest room"

"Thanks halmeoni"

"Ppalli ppalli so we can eat dinner I'm hungry"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After they have washed up, they went to the dining area. There Logan saw Suryeon preparing dinner with halmeoni. She's wearing t-shirt and pajamas with no makeup and her hair tied in a bun.

"Very simple but still looks gorgeous" Logan thought.

Suryeon, on the other hand, also saw Logan approaching. He's wearing t-shirt and jogging pants but still revealing his fit physique. Suryeon can't believe herself that she's thinking how handsome Logan is.

Their thoughts were distracted as halmeoni calls them to start eating.

The dinner went quietly with only Sec Hong talking to grandma. Suryeon eat silently while Logan is just observing her. He wants to talk to her but doesn't know how to start a conversation so he just also eat silently.

After they finished, Suryeon was about to do the dishes but halmeoni told her to go to bed instead because she knows Suryeon is tired and exhausted. In exchange, she asked Logan to do the dishes with her. He doesn't want to but has no choice not to obey her grandma. While doing the dishes, he can't help but asked halmeoni about Suryeon.

"Halmeoni, is Suryeon okay?"

"What do you mean?"

"She seemed troubled as we left the restaurant until we arrived here. I don't know if she's just cold or what but it's like she's scared of the rain"

"Yes, she is" Halmeoni's voice is sad as she answered Logan

"Why?" Logan asked with concern on his face

It took a while before halmeoni answered.

"It reminds her of the past, something that she wants to forget but cannot"

"What happ-"

Before he could ask, his grandma cut him off immediately.

"I'm not in the position to tell her story. You can ask her, but I think she won't also tell. Just be kind to Suryeon, son. She already went through a lot. Her scars are so deep that the pain is still there. She needs healing."

Logan's heart was pierced by her grandma's words. He also has past to deal with and scars to heal but he can feel that Suryeon's was even worst. His heart goes to her.

Halmeoni is a bit surprised to see Logan's curiosity and concern towards Suryeon. She's thinking maybe they could heal each other.

After finishing the dishes, Logan went straight to bed to rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At around 2am, Logan woke up feeling thirsty, so he went out to get water. As he goes down, he heard whimpers which kind of scare him. But because he's curious, he traced where it came from. The sound became clearer and clearer as he approached the room on the 1st floor where Suryeon is sleeping. He doesn't want to enter her room without permission, but the whimpers are turning into loud cries. Luckily, the door was not locked so he went in and saw Suryeon having a nightmare. He immediately approached her and wake her up. As soon as Suryeon woke up, she grabs Logan almost tearing his t-shirt. His protective instinct was awakened, and he hugged her tightly. Remembering what her mother usually does everytime he is having a bad dream, he her back gently while whispering "it's okay it's just a dream" calmly to her ears. It was effective because Suryeon calms down.

As she goes back to her senses, she noticed that she is in Logan's arms, her head resting on his chest and his t-shirt wet with her tears. She became shy all of a sudden and separate herself immediately from him.

"Gwenchana?" Logan asked.

She simply nodded but didn't look at him.

"I'll get you water ok?"

When Logan came back, Suryeon is still sitting in bed fidgeting her hands. He handed to her the glass of water. He knew it will be hard for her to go back to sleep. He is thinking of not leaving her yet but also worried that she might not be comfortable with his presence. Silence passed and he remembers his piano recording on his phone.

"Remember the music I played in the car earlier this evening? I think it will help you get back to your sleep. Here I'm leaving my phone so you could play it"

"Oh, no need Logan. I'm fine."

"No, I insist. You need to rest for today's work so you should sleep more. I'll go back to my room now."

"Okay. Thank you, Logan" Suryeon said warmly.

"Goodnight then" Logan said with a smile and went outside.

Suryeon went back to sleep holding Logan's phone tightly while the music is playing.