New House, New Chapter

Love Me Another Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You can move in as soon as this Saturday. I'll arrange for the service to do a total cleaning for you in the morning." Seulgi hears Evie shouts from the other room. She goes to the direction of the voice to look for the other woman, finding her in the master bedroom.

 

"Didn't the guy say they provide cleaning as well?" She asks, pretty sure the sales guy mentioned something about that after telling her that the maintenance will come to do final checking on the unit's electricity, fire alarm and other things she didn't bother to really pay attention to.

 

Evie scoffs. "You can't count on that, that's only basic cleaning." The chaebol then convinces her to use the service she's currently using herself for her own place.

 

"Are they expensive?"

 

"How expensive can a cleaning service be?" Evie shoots her a playful judging look. "It'll be my treat."

 

"No, please don't. You've done more than enough. I should be treating you things." Seulgi quickly rejects the offer. Evie is the one helping her to get this place and she's sure the woman pulled many strings behind her back to close to deal so quickly and at a rather affordable price.

 

Evie has originally wanted her to buy the vacant unit just below hers but she chose a different, nearby apartment in the end. The place Evie is staying at is one of the most exclusive apartments in the entire city. It was incredibly expensive and even though she could afford it, barely, she didn't think it was a wise investment.

 

"Just let me help you this time since you don't have experience in this. You don't have to see it as another separate thing, we can just round it up and say that you owe me a big one." She whispers the last sentence in her ear seductively.

 

"Instead of saying that I owe you like.. ten small ones?" She asks, barely flinching. She's used to Evie's favourite past time of teasing her by now.

 

"Uh huh." Evie inches closer, pressing her front against Seulgi's side. "You wanna go bed shopping after this? I feel like I have the right to help choosing which bed you're going to put in your room."

 

She unconciously lets out some half-hearted chuckle that makes Evie panics a little. "Too much?" She gives her an unsure smile. "I'm just playing with you."

 

"No, no.. I was just.." She shakes her head. "Sure, if you have time we can go look for a bed."

 

There's something about people being possessive over her that doesn't sit quite right with her. Except Joohyun, maybe. She's used to it. Joohyun is very protective of them and oftentimes it could feel a little possessive, but all the girls are used to it and secretly enjoy it, she thinks. As if on cue her phone vibrates, signalling an incoming text from Seungwan. 'Heads up, unnie's home.'

 

She shoots back a reply. 'As in visiting or she's moving back for real?'

 

An instant reply comes from her friend. 'Not sure. But she has her suitcase with her.'

 

"Actually.." She looks up from her phone to Evie. "Raincheck on bed shopping? I need to go back."

 

"Sure, no worries. Everything okay?"

 

"Yeah, everything is fine." She assures her. Everything is fine, right? They had a good talk last night and now Joohyun is back home. The thing is she didn't expect her to come back so quickly, that's why she needs to make sure that everything really is fine.

 

"Okay. Feel free to call me if you need anything else." Evie kindly offers her. "I still have all these useful numbers on my phone from when I moved out. Moving company, interior designer, art dealer. Whatever you need, I have it."

 

Seulgi can't help but laugh at her. "I don't have that much stuff so I won't be needing a moving truck. And I'm quite happy with the original design of this place already. As for art dealer.." She laughs again. "We seriously live in two different worlds, don't we?"

 

Evie looks at her confused. "I wasn't trying to be funny, though. Don't you want something to put on your walls?" She says, pointing to the white walls.

 

Seulgi looks around before answering. "Yeah, but.. I'm not that fancy. I don't need an art dealer."

 

"I feel like I'm being rich-shamed right now." She pouts cutely.

 

Seulgi chuckles and pulls her in for a hug. "Thank you for everything, seriously. You have no idea how helpful you've been. I really owe you a massive one." She gives her a kiss on the cheek.

 

"That's all I got for being super helpful?" She smirks as Seulgi leans in one more time to give her a proper kiss on her lips.

 

-

 

Seulgi comes home to a sight of her four friends sitting at the dining table. She looks at them nervously; casual conversation usually happens on the couch, while a serious one happens there where they are currently sitting.

 

"Oh, hi!" She greets all of them awkwardly before acknowledging Joohyun's presence. "Unnie, you're home." She greets, feeling herself blushing a little as the memories from last night flood her mind. They kissed. That's awkward.

 

Joohyun her eyebrows in affirmation. Her body language doesn't indicate that there were something out of ordinary happened the day prior.

 

"Is everything okay?" She asks, receiving convincing nods from all four of them. "Uhm.. alright, I'll be in my room then." She awkwardly slides away, not wanting to interrupt whatever important discussion they're currently having.

 

"Seul, do you want to join us?" Joohyun asks. It sounds more like a request than an invitation.

 

"I don't want to interrupt." She says. Also, the deal was for her to move out so Joohyun can move back in and she's determined to camp inside her bedroom for as much as she can whenever Joohyun is home.

 

"You won't. This concerns you as well."

 

Seungwan then tells her to sit down on the empty seat next to her in a friendly manner. The two of them are sitting opposite Sooyoung and Yerim while Joohyun takes the one at the head of the table.

 

"I was just telling them I haven't been the best unnie these past few months and I'm really, really sorry for that." Joohyun fills her in on their conversation. Seeing Seulgi about to protest, she says, "Let me finish my apologies and then you can take over with yours."

 

"Yeah, please don't interrupt. We're enjoying this rare moment that is rarer than the rarest comet." Yerim quips as the others, except Joohyun, start giggling. The maknae is kind of right, she can't even remember the last time Joohyun apologized so formally to them. They must have been sitting here for quite some time for Yerim to be able to joke about it so freely, Seulgi assumes. She has missed, thankfully, the more serious parts of the conversation.

 

"The apology goes to you too, Seul." Joohyun continues, intentionally ignoring them. "I haven't been a good anything to you; especially not a friend."

 

She can only shake her head helplessly, feeling so undeserving of the apology.

 

"I told them that I tried so hard to take care of all of you, at the end of the day you were the one who often had to take care of me. And because of that I developed this unhealthy dependancy on you." Joohyun flashes a sad smile. "We have no boundaries. It's fine if we're both straight but we're not, so I think we have to be more careful from now on."

 

For some reason that makes her sad. Put her romantic feelings aside, she has always enjoyed her closeness with Joohyun. Those intimate yet comfortable things they did together are things she would never be able to do with anybody else. The unexplainable trust and comfort they have for each other that is now ruined because of her.

 

When Joohyun is done and passes the methaporical microphone to her, Seulgi can't no longer hold back as she sobs and pours everything out, telling them how sorry she is for making a mess of everything, how pathetic she feels of herself. Her crying prevents her from speaking coherently but thankfully her friends understand as they move their chairs to get closer to her, patting her back and shoulders, telling her that it's okay.

 

"If it was some random woman, I'd have tied you up and poured an ice bucket on your head, but it's Joohyun-unnie we're talking about so we understand." Seungwan says, rubbing her back.

 

"No, we actually don't understand. You two are weird. You have this strange relationship that can't be explained logically, so we just have to let it slide I guess." Sooyoung voices out her opinion in a playful manner.

 

"Fun fact, do you know that our song 'Psycho'  was inspired by them?" Yerim has asked so convincingly it makes Seulgi snaps her head to her, thinking for a split second that the not-so-fun fact was real. The three of them laugh their asses off at her reaction while Joohyun can't help but giggle.

 

"Did you.. see.. her face?" Yerim asks, breathless by the laughter.

 

"We're in a very weird and strange relationship." Sooyoung sings a part from their song as Seungwan and Yerim immediately belt out the chorus. "You got me feeling like a psycho, psycho."

 

It takes forever for them to quiet down and when they finally do, seeing that the mood has gotten better, Seulgi decides to share the important news that she's moving out. She catches Joohyun looking at her surprised, probably thinking that she has discussed this with them before going to her yesterday.

 

"We're going on tour soon anyway. And I still have to stay here when we have group schedules. Nothing will change, I promise. At least not too much." She quickly adds when she sees their disappointed faces. They seem sad but they try to be understanding, even making light of the situation by planning for sleepovers already.

 

Later that night, Joohyun knocks on her door. She stays at the doorway even after Seulgi has invited her in. "Thank you for taking care of me yesterday. It was so embarrassing. How did I not even feel a thing?"

 

"You were knocked out cold, Unnie." She chuckles. "At least you didn't puke all over like.. someone." That someone was her, one cursed night years ago when she had too much too drink and Joohyun stayed up the whole night taking care of her and cleaning after her. 

 

Joohyun smiles at the memory. "Seul, we're good, right? I mean, what happened yesterday-"

 

"If you want me to forget about it and pretend like it never happened, I can do it. But personally, I have no problem with it. It is what it is." She assures her with a positive smile.

 

Joohyun seems relieved. "Good." She shifts her weight from one leg to the other. "I just don't want things to get even more awkward between us. I'm tired of tip-toeing around you."

 

"You don't have to, you can just act normal. It's going to be different this time, I promise you." She tells her. "I really like what we had before all this happened and I hope that we can go back to that one day. It will take time on my part but I prefer you to just be yourself around me. I told you before that I can't function without y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter