Chapter 8- The Bunny

The Last Letter From my Lover

SOL POV

My tears never stop from falling, there were people who were laughing at me but I didn't care at all. I put some vodka, tequila, and beer inside the cart, It was my turn to pay for these liquors, the manager said.

"A lot of liquors for a woman, you can drink this all? Don't drink a lot woman"

"Who cares?"

"I just want to say that you're not a man to drink this much. You're just a woman who must only be in the kitchen, not drinking alcohol."

"You're the manager but you have no right to lecture me with your pathetic mindset. Rather than saying non-sense things why don't you shut up and mind your own business?" I coldly said he stopped himself to hurt me

"Who are you to say that to me?"

"Who's the owner of the store?" I shouted

"What seems to be the problem, Iha?" An old man appeared

"I'm here to buy this whole store. I will double the pay." I seriously said

"What's your name, Iha?"

"Solara Fernandez"

"Oh, you're from the family of engineers! And also one of the youngest yet successful businesswomen?" They all froze after what they have heard.

"Yes"

"Sure! Let's talk here in the office"

"Wait, who am I again. Manager?" I look at the manager who looks frightened by me

"I'm not a 'woman' only, I'm your boss. Tomorrow pack up your things because you're fired." I went inside the office, we had a deal and agreed with it. He gave me the keys to the store and I brought liquors I bought inside the car. While I'm driving I drank 2 bottles of tequila continuously, I have a high tolerance when I'm drinking and I didn't care about the after-taste as long as I'm drinking one, I made it to the house without an accident. I'm that good at multi-tasking, but I got a little bit dizzy while I'm putting the liquors inside the house. While drinking,  I remember the bunny that's in the box I quickly went out to get it. But all I know is that I'm getting lightheaded and I fainted dead away.

CHARLES POV

"She has no time to buy a telescope but she has time to buy a whole sto-" I didn't continue talking because my sister punched my arms

"Shut up Charles! She's really just pissed off. I really don't like it when she's spending something big out of anger. She might be saving a lot nowadays"

"You can feed her, our family owns a big business that's fine," I said

"I'm not a dependent moron like you" ate said

We decided not to talk to her inside the store, we might make a scandal so we hid near the cashier after we saw her and the man talking. She shake hands and the owner gave the keys to her, she left the store carrying heavy liquors inside the car then she left. We followed her until she's at her house carrying those liquors while she's drunk, she came back to the car and get the box, she collapsed. I carried her to her room while Ate Rina picked up the box and put it inside the room.

"Charles, go get some water, it's at the left side of the kitchen" I headed to the kitchen, and pour a glass of water. I heard them screaming and I ran and went inside.

RINA POV

While I'm waiting for Charles, Sol woke up. But she's talking drunk.

"Why are you here Rina? Are you only in my imagination? If not go away, you're supposed to be with your boyfriend. Leave me alone!"

"Sol, I saw you at the store. You bought liquors that can affect your health and you were drunk driving Sol! Don't you think I wouldn't worry about you?"

"Yes, you won't! You're with your boyfriend now, you're happy talking to him. Don't make him jealous like what you're doing to me."

"He's my younger brother Sol!" I shouted

"Oh" she suddenly came to reality then Charles went inside the room to give Sol a glass of water

"Sis, what's happening? Is she alright?"

"Why didn't you tell me that he's your brother?"

"You never ask dumb bear"

"Sorry bun- wait, the box!"

"You mean that?" I pointed the box that I carried near me, Sol nodded and I asked

"What's this Sol?"

"Secret"

"haha ouch, she's keeping secrets from you oh" Charles jokingly said

" You're Charles Chavez from Ateneo, right? I know you because your friend tried to court me. (Charles kinda laugh at what Sol said) By the way, you can get anything you want in the store for free"

"Wow, really? Thank you ate Sol! Sis come on,  give her a yes" I nudge my elbow at him

"No Sol,  it's embarrassing this moron might get everything!"

"That's fine with me"

After making things clear, we heard something crying inside the box it sounds like an animal.

"Sol, I'll open the box okay?"

"No!" But everything's too late, we saw a cute little bunny that I want to keep for a long time

"That supposed to be my Christmas present for you. But I'm busted" she said, I hug her tightly as I usually do and said

"That's alright, you're really sweet! How did you know that I wanted a bunny? Did Yazmin tell you? She and Charles only know that I really want a bunny for a long time."

"Yes, I asked Yazmin this morning about that and she said you want a bunny for a long time"

"What should we name her Sol?" 

"Irene"

"Why?"

"Because I bought it for Renea" 

"That doesn't make sense but alright." We all laughed, Charles left us because he's going to do something. Me and Sol are the ones that are left.

"Rina" Sol called my name

"What is it?"

"Can you handle me the vodka?"

"Hey no! You shouldn't drink, everything's clear now. Charles is just my little brother even he's a gigantic idiot Sol"

"No, let's just celebrate. We've been through a lot, Please" I couldn't resist her, as always. I just nodded and went to get some vodka.

"Cheers?"

"Cheers"

SOL POV

We had a couple of shots of Vodka and Beer, she's drunk, it's the time to ask her a question

"Rina, what present do you want for Christmas except for Irene?"

"If I were, to be honest, I just really want to feed the poor children this Christmas and give them gifts. I have everything that I want and need right now, I don't want to be selfish. I must help others too!"

Which gave me an idea of what surprise to give her. After a few shots, she's really drunk. She wants to vomit so we went to the toilet, I cleaned after she vomit then I carried her to the room. She looked at me and made our faces close to each other, she's looking at my lips and went closer. But I stopped her

"Rina, stop you're drunk. Let's sleep okay?"

she didn't listen, she pushed me on the bed. She's strong while holding my arms to the headboard when I got tired fighting back. I surrendered, she gave me a genuine smile and put her face on my chest then hug me

"Let's sleep Sol, I just want to listen to your heartbeat my bear. I love you" She always made my day, my heart will always be yours, Rina.