Chapter 7 - Jealousy

The Last Letter From my Lover

The month's December, the season of giving, and also the birth month of Jesus Christ, there were lots of happenings last month, Yazmin broke up with her girlfriend because she caught her girlfriend cheating with a boy. Wanda started courting Ligaya. I and Sol are busy with our academics, we are really busy as a beaver or been to the point that we don't even have time for each other. We're too tired to go out and have a date, but it's the Christmas season, I'm wondering what present to give her. We are really working hard doing those math's and she's also having a hard time doing her drafts. So I went to Ligaya's house to seek advice.

"Rina! How are you?" she asked me

"I'm fine Ligaya! How about you?" I replied

"I'm also fine! Why are you here? Is there anything I can help you with?"

"I need some advice about Sol-" I paused talking, someone is knocking at the door after I open it I laughed hard

"Good morning Wanda! Why are you bringing 5 sacks of rice here?" I asked

"Oh, you're here! Good morning Rina! I'm just here to court Ligaya so I brought 5 sacks of rice and groceries" Wanda said with a smile that made Ligaya frustrated

"Wanda! Seems like you're giving me relief goods after a crisis!"

"I just want to prove to you that I can feed you using my own money" Wanda pouted but Ligaya couldn't resist her cuteness that's why she hug her tight.

"By the way, Rina what advice about Sol?" Ligaya brought up the topic

"Did Sol hurt you? I'm willing to punch her on the face" Wanda said in concern

"Hey no! We have no time to hurt each other, besides we are really busy because of our academics. I'm just wondering what present to give her because she has everything so I don't know what to give her. You know, she has everything."

"Good thing I'm here!" Wanda presented herself

"Well, Sol has a lot of things that she wants to buy but she's too busy buying one. I don't even know how can she manage giving time to you. All I know is she's a camera collector, she loves photography and she also loves seeing the skies. Does she have a telescope in her house?"

"Well, I been to every place of her house but I haven't seen oneI replied

"She also likes Bear and Rabbit stuffs" Then I blushed and smile after what she said

"You're smiling like crazy huh! You're really that Rabbit person"

"Hey, how did you know?"

"Your soulmate told me since we were in high school" Wanda smirked at me, she knows a lot. If I would buy her a telescope, where would I buy one? I thanked Wanda and Ligaya for accompanying me and left them so they can have quality time. I was walking outside as I usually do when a man's voice called me. I saw the man, now I have a plan.

SOL POV

My arms are tired, I lay down in my bed and checked the calendar. It's December 15? 10 days before Christmas I don't have anything to give to Rina, she has everything. I'm thinking about if she said something that she want to own, but I couldn't remember everything. So I decided to go and ask Yazmin, I know she's not in a good mood because of what happened. So I prepared her favorite meal for her to eat I wish I can talk to her properly.

"Good morning Yazmin!"

"Good morning sit down if you need to ask something"  she lethargically said

"For you" I gave the food

"It's my favorite food but I don't have the energy to eat," she said

"Save it for later please, I prepared that. Rina will get worried if you didn't eat" I said she nodded and put it in her locker

"How are you? How are the two of you?" Yazmin asked

"We're both tired, we don't have time for each other because of our academics. But we don't fight or hurt each other"

"Good, Christmas is coming what's your present for her?"

"Hehe, that's why I'm also here. I checked you first and ask you what Rina wants this Christmas. Has she ever told you a thing? She has everything that's why I don't know"

"Rina wants a bunny since we were kids because of you. But uncle wouldn't want her to have one" I smiled

"My cousin is really in love with you since the day you met, so don't ever hurt my cousin okay?"

"Noted and thank you, Yazmin!"

I roam around the city to find if there's a pet shop around. A few minutes later I found a pet shop, I spotted a cute little bunny. It looks adorable, and she also looks like Rina! I bought the bunny and put it inside the car. My stomach began to rumble, I remember that I haven't eaten anything so I went to the nearest fast-food chain to buy a burger. While heading home I heard a woman's voice that sounds very familiar, she's talking with a man and it looks like they're both having fun. I came closer to where the sound was coming from, I looked at the love of my life talking to a tall man. They are laughing out loud like there's no tomorrow, because of shock I accidentally dropped my water bottle that caught her attention. She turn around and saw me, but there's nothing that I can do but walk away.

RINA POV

"Ate!" Charles approached me

"What's your problem? I don't have money, you dork!"

"None, come with me! I want to eat ate"

"Charles, can you do me a favor? I will buy your favorite food in exchange!"

"What kind of deception and manipulation is this Ate? Sure! Why not!" see, a jackass

I order him his favorite burger with fries and tacos, he's such a kid. He's about to bite the food until I stop him

"Hep, Hep, Hep!"

"What favor is it?"

"Can you buy me a telescope? I don't know where to buy one, and I saw in your room that you have one. Don't worry, I will pay"

"Hmm, you don't usually watch the skies Ate. Who will you give it to?"

"Secret"

"Ew, you're keeping secrets from me? I'm your younger brother"

"You might tell dad!"

"I never told anything huh!"

"Liar! You're the one who told dad that I stole money to buy a bag while you were really the one who stole money to buy a new toy car! You disgusting deceptive "

"You deserve it bleh, joke. Tell me ate, who will you give the present to. I promise that It will be a secret." He raised his right hand to tell me this gesture is a promise

"Make sure it's a secret or I'll show your friends this photo of you in the toilet doing your " I showed him the photo on my wallet

"Give me that!" he exclaimed then I laughed hard

"Okay, okay fine. Who is that person?" he sounds frustrated as he responds

"Well, you were not born yet. But we met when we were kids. She's beautiful, talented, smart, kind, she's everything I want."

"Ew love."

"That's because no one in the family really loves you, you're just adopted."

"Shut up Ate! A lot of people say I look like dad! Wait... Is the person you're talking about is a she?"

"Yes, what did I said Charles ha?"

"Sorry, what's her name?"

"Solara"

"Fernandez?"

"How did you know?"

"Atenista, she's kinda famous you know," I remember Solara is quite famous at Ateneo. I don't know why she didn't study at U.P when she's even smarter than my brother.

"You never told me about her" 

"You didn't ask?"  Lord give me more patience, I don't care how tall my brother is. I can punch him in the face and he can sleep for the rest of his life.

"Why do you like to buy a telescope for her?" he asked

"We love to watch the skies at night, and we create beautiful memories. She has no time to buy because she's always busy"

"Seems like you're really in love with her! Is she your girlfriend?"

"Lower your voice! Someone might hear us, but she's not yet my girlfriend"

"You changed ate! I wanted to watch the skies with you when we were kids but you don't want to or you don't have time for it! I'm really hurt as your younger brother, I thought I was your favorite person other than Ate Yazmin."

"Even Yazmin knows about me and Sol"

"Oh, how about me? What kind of betrayal is this Ate?" He pouted, my dumb little brother as always

"Nagtatampo and tanga tanga kong kapatid"

"Tanginamo Ate!" He cussed at me

"Tanga, parehas tayo ng nanay"  Then we both laughed hard, even if I have Sol. I will never forget to spoil my younger brother even if he's going through puberty right now. While we were laughing I heard a bottle drop that caught my attention to look at, turns out it's Sol. You can tell her eyes that she was quite hurt and shocked, she walked away and we followed her.

"Sol!"

"Not now Rina,"

"Hey! You're Sol right?"

"Yes, you're the boyfriend? Take care of Rina for me, or else I will kill you." She threatens my brother then close the window

"Sol, talk to me please" while she only ignored me, and I saw a tear in her eye to tell that she's hurt. She drove fast and left me, Charles comforted me.

"Ate Solare is really scary. By the way, you're scary too"

"No, she's just hurt, Charles. Let her be, I'll talk to her later."

"No! Don't let her feel dejected Ate! Go to the car, we need to make things clear."