Honeymoon (part 2)

Arranged marriage

I woke up to the bright light shining on my face. I grimaced and tried to turn away from it when I felt something in my chest and around my waist. I looked down to see Liz with her head on my chest and her arms had somehow managed to wrap themselves around my waist. I tried to take off her arms but the more I did the tighter they became. In the end, I just gave up. I laid back down in the bed and just watched her sleep. I know that I sounded like a creep but what else could I do? I couldn't get up and get ready for breakfast, I couldn't open the TV as the remote was too far away and my phone decided to just run out of power as I forgot to charge it last night and I can't even get to my charger, so what else could I have done. I looked at her again with a sigh. I have to admit that she really looked angelic with her blonde hair and the light that shined behind her from the window. I have to admit that it felt nice to have someone wrap their arms around me like this when sleeping. A stray hair was in her eyes and I was worried that it might have hurt her when she opened them, so I moved my hand to tuck it away and behind her ear but it made her stirrer and opened her eyes to stare right in mine.

Liz: Huh~?

Jahoon: Ehh… *cough* finally you are awake! I have been trying to wake you up for a long time now! How dare you even sleep on me like this without my consent?!

Liz looked at me with groggy eyes as she had just woken up. I tried not to smile at how cute she was. She blinked a few times and looked around before widening her eyes in shock and quickly pulling away. She sat up in bed and bowed down using her head.

Liz: I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to offend you like that… I just thought that because we were now a married couple… it would be fine….

Jahoon: I… Fine! I guess it is a value argument but next time before you do this or anything like that again, ask me first. Now get up so we can go and eat our breakfast! It is already 10 am and I have been waiting for so long to go and eat but couldn't because of you.

I said with a scoff and got out of the bed before making my way to the bathroom and took a shower and got ready. I then walked out in a robe to let Liz enter before I changed my clothes to a pair of black dress pants with a white dress shirt. I know, basic but it saves me the time to think about fashion. I heard the door to the bathroom behind me open, making me turn around to see Liz walking out with her hair still wet and in a light blue dress.

Liz: You can go first. I still have to dry my hair and do my makeup before going.

I sighed. I walked over to her and grabbed her by her shoulders before leading her to sit on a chair in front of the vanity. She looked at me shocked through the mirror but I just ignored her and grabbed a comb and combed her hair.

Jahoon: What are you looking at? I will help you with your hair, so do your makeup in the meantime as best as possible. We are supposed to be a married couple after all, so it won't look good if I got there alone.

Liz kept quiet and began her makeup routine but kept looking at me from time to time. I helped her dry her hair and comb it again to untangle it as best as possible to not try and hurt her. At the time I was finished she had finished her makeup too. We both walked over to the dining area but right before we got there Liz stopped me and wrapped her arm around my arm.

Jahoon: What are you doing?

Liz: We are supposed to act like a married couple right? So we have to be touchy with each other so people don't get suspicious of us. Come on! Let's go and get some breakfast!

Before I could even answer her, she had already pulled me towards one of the staff that were welcoming their guest to the dining area. We were then seated inside where there was air-conditioning from the hot weather outside.

Liz: You can go first and grab something to eat. I will wait for you to come back.

I just nodded and walked away to the buffet as I was incredibly hungry. When I had gotten my food which was two plates, I know but I like to eat much in the morning and then eat less later during the day, I was on my back to our table when I saw Liz being bothered by a random guy. I walked over to them in disgust but tried not to let it show on my face. I came just in time to hear the guy asking Liz for her number and placed the plates on the table.

Jahoon: Excuse me but I think that you are at the wrong table.

Guy: I don't think so. I think it is you that is at the wrong table, interrupting me and her beautiful time together.

The guy wrapped his arm around Liz's shoulder, making her cower down in fear. I glanced at her before I walked to stand at the side of the gut and dragged him up by his collar.

Jahoon: The one who was interrupting is you, not me.

Guy: Oh yeah! And who do you even think you are?!

Jahoon: I'm her wife and won't let you or anyone interrupt our special time here. If I ever see you near her again, I will personally make sure that you won't be getting to use your arms and legs again.

Guy: Yeah?! What if I make sure that you won't get to see it first?!

The guy punched, making me fall down to the floor. I got back up on my feet and was about to punch him back when the staff brought security guards and brought him out of the area. After a while of commotion, everyone could finally get back to eating their breakfast.

Liz: Jahoon! Are you alright?!

Jahoon: Take this plate and eat from it.

Liz: But-

Jahoon: No buts. Do you need anything else? Then I will go with you. You always manage to get in trouble without me around you.

Liz: Then protect me.

Jahoon: What?

Liz: What?

I got up from my seat and was about to walk when what Liz said made me stop. I looked at her with confusion but was only returned by the same look. Was it just my imagination?

Liz: I don't need anything. This is fine Jahoon but thanks for caring.

I sat down with a sigh and grabbed my fork to begin eating.

Jahoon: How many times do I tell you that I'm not caring about you? I'm just doing this because I want to avoid troubles that are all.

Liz: If you say so. I know you are beginning to like me Jahoon.

Jahoon: Oh yeah? And where does the sudden confidence come from?

Liz just shrugged and continue eating. I looked at her in disbelief before shocking my head. Sometimes I don't even know what is going on inside of her mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jahoon: Are you alright?

I looked at Liz who was looking up in the sky at the other paragliders. She was beginning to look pale. I could clearly see her gulp.

Liz: Yeah… I’m fine… but are you sure that you won’t do this? You seem scared of it.

Jahoon: Me? Scared? No way! I have always wanted to be doing this.

I smiled at her widely. I had been the one suggesting she go paragliding with me. I had hoped that if I did a lot of things that she disliked then she would begin to hate me and then agree with divorcing me.

Instructor: Please come forward and put on your gears.

It was finally our turn. We each got an instructor who was a female. They began helping us put on our gear but I quickly noticed the one who was helping me was beginning to flirt with me. I glanced over at Liz to see her looking at us. I smirked at the thought and began flirting back with the instructor. Her face began to glow red and I looked at Liz again to see her beginning to fume with anger. Plan success. We took off in the air and flew in the air for about 15 minutes before we got back on the beach. We took off our gear and before we left, the girl gave me a piece of paper with her number on it. I looked at her as she winked at me. I smirked and placed the paper in my pocket. When we are a few meters away from the paragliding hut, Liz stopped me before taking the piece of paper out of my pocket.

Jahoon: Hey! What are you doing?! That is mine!

Liz just tore the paper into pieces before throwing it in a nearby trashcan and wrapping her arms around mine.

Liz: Not anymore. You are mine and I’m yours. That is it.

Jahoon: You know that we are only married for the show right?

Liz: What if I don’t want it to be a show?

Liz stopped us up again and turned to face me. She was staring right into my eyes and I could see tears beginning to form in her eyes.

Liz: What if I say that I have fallen for you now? What if I tell you that I don’t want to lose you to anyone?

Jahoon: Liz…

Liz: I know that you don’t feel the same with me yet but… never mind.

Liz then ran away in the direction of our hotel. I sighed and turned to face the ocean. The ocean who normally always looked so blue, clear, and bright suddenly looked dark and unapproachable. My phone rang in the pocket and I pulled it out to see Leeso calling me.

Jahoon: Hello?

Leeso: Jahoon unnie! Wait, unnie… why do you sound so distressed and sad?

Jahoon: I do?

Leeso: Did something happen between you and Liz unnie?

I scrunched my face in confusion. Why did it seem like Leeso was happy about what was happening?

Jahoon: Well you can say that.

Leeso: But that is what you wanted right, unnie?

I just kept quiet and didn’t answer her. I didn’t know what to answer, what to think, or even what to do.

Leeso: Let’s not think more about that unnie. I have something in surprise for you actually unnie! Something that I’m 100% sure will make you happy!

Jahoon: Really? What is it?

Leeso: I’m going to see you in the Maldives next week!

Jahoon: …. What?

Leeso: My father is going to the Maldives for a business trip and asked if I wanted to come with him and of course, I said yes! Because I’m going to see you, unnie!

Jahoon: That sounds really good Leeso!

I tried to sound happy but in reality, something was twisting inside of me.

Leeso: I have to go now unnie. My lesson is beginning soon but see you in the Maldives next week unnie!

Jahoon: Yeah… See you…

I looked at my phone even though Leeso had ended the call. I should feel happy that Leeso was coming here because I love her and get to spend some time with her… but why did I feel troublesome with it?