Honeymoon (part 3)

Arranged marriage

I walked back to the room and saw Liz laying on the bed with her back facing me and the duvet covering her. Even though she tried to be quiet, I could hear her soft whimpers clearly. She was crying. She was crying because of me. I could clearly feel my heartache this time. It wasn't just my imagination. I wanted to reach out to her, wrap my arms and tell her that I was sorry about everything and that I wanted to make it up for her but something inside of me stopped me from doing it. I don't know what it was and how to get rid of it but something inside of me said that it was not worth it. I sighed to myself and walked over to her before grabbing my pillow and duvet before making my way to the living room where I decided that it would be best for me to sleep on the sofa.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Today was the day that Leeso arrived here in the Maldives with her dad. I woke up again on the sofa. I have been during the past week as I was scared that I would have hurt Liz even more than what I already was doing but this time everything was different. I woke up to Liz sleeping on top of me. At first, I was shocked since I didn't expect anything of it and also since I thought that Liz might have actually begun to hate me instead. I looked at her sleeping. She had her arms wrapped around my waist again and her head on my chest. Without knowing I smiled unconsciously at her. I moved my hand slowly up to not to wake her up and moved a stray hair behind her ear. There was something over her that made me unavailable to leave my look from her. I slowly wrapped my arms around her waist to secure her from falling down the sofa as there wasn't really much space on it. But as soon as I did Liz woke up. At first, she looked at me sleepily but then she became shocked and tried to get off me but I tightened my grip around her.

Jahoon: Don’t. Don’t go.

Liz: But you hate it when I do this.

Liz moved her head up so that she could look at my face. I stared into her eyes before lightly cupping the back of her head with one hand and moving her head to lay back on my chest.

Jahoon: I know that I haven't been the best wife towards you. I have been hurting you a lot ever since you have been meeting me and a lot more when you married me. I understand if you hate me. I deserve it after all.

Liz: Jahoon… you know that I can never hate you. I understand why you did all of that. You were pressured into marrying a girl who you haven't met at all for the sake of your company. If I were in your shoes, I would be feeling the same.

Jahoon: … but you are in my shoes?

Liz: Oh! I mean yeah right! Silly me! I was trying to comfort you but forgot that we started on the same plan.

I glanced down at Liz. Why did it feel like she has something that she is keeping away from me? I just shook the thought away and caressed her hair.

Jahoon: So you don't hate me?

Liz: How many times do I have to tell you that I can't hate you? I love you too much to even be available to do that.

Jahoon: You know… I actually want to give this a chance. I mean give us a chance...so… Will you allow me to take you out on a trip in the city and make it up to you?

Liz: Really?! Do you really mean that?!

I nodded with a smile as I saw how happy she was.

Liz: Wait! I have to get ready first! Oh no! There is so much to do!

Liz grabbed her hair stressless. She then got off me before running to the bathroom with a towel. As soon as the door closed I laid back on the sofa and sighed. Well if I am already in the situation, I must try to enjoy it as much as possible when I can't avoid it. I waited for Liz to finish before I got inside of the bathroom to get ready. When we both had finished we got out of our room and began making our way to the main lobby where we could catch a taxi to the town but we met someone that I had hoped that I wouldn't have seen. Or at least not here.

Leeso: Jahoon unnie!

As soon as we got to the lobby, Leeso was standing there with her father. When she saw us she ran over to us and wrapped her arms around my neck.

Leeso: Jahoon unnie! I missed you so much! I'm so happy to see you!

Jahoon: Leeso! I'm happy to see you! Are you also going to stay here?

Leeso: It seems like it! It is such a coincidence!

Jahoon: Yeah~ it really is.

I glanced beside me at Liz who seemed like she was uncomfortable with the situation.

Leeso: Unnie! Now that I'm here let's spend some time together! Let's go to the city to shop!

Jahoon: But….

Before I could even say anything, Leeso had already pulled me away from Liz. I looked behind me to see Liz standing still while staring at us with a sad look. I looked at her with an apologetic look.

Leeso: Unnie~ there is so much that I want to talk with you about~

Jahoon: Is that so?

I let Leeso pull me away with a sigh. What in the world is happening? Why do I always have to end up in a complicated situation like this?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leeso: Unnie how is everything with Liz unnie?

Jahoon: Do you guys know each other?

I looked at her confusingly. Why does it seem like they both know each other? Also, the way that Liz acted in the lobby was also confusingly suspicious. Leeso looked at me with a shocked expression at first before she covered it up with a cough. She then smiled like she usually did at me and clung to my arm again. This time tighter than normal.

Leeso: That is because my unnie is best friend with Liz unnie and she has been brought home to us a lot of times until my unnie and Liz unnie had to fly to the US to study.

Jahoon: Then why haven’t I seen Liz when I was over at you guys' place?

Leeso: Ummm… That is because the time that unnie came Liz unnie wasn’t there.

Jahoon: Is that so? But I was there often… How is that possible?

I mumbled to myself with my eyebrows furrowed together. Why did I feel like Leeso was hiding something from me? I couldn't think further about it when Leeso suddenly pulled me into a store that she wanted to visit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Liz’s POV*

What was she doing here? She told me that she was going to stay at the **** hotel. Not here! I was just about to make up with Jahoon! I was on the way to getting her to like me! I pouted as I watched them walk away from me. Leeso's father walked over to me before looking in his daughter's direction. He sighed and placed a hand on my shoulder, making me face him.

Leeso's father: I know that you and Jahoon are now married together and I know that Leeso also likes her but she doesn't really want to listen to me when I told her to stop. I'm sorry that I can't do more about it.

Liz: It is fine Mr. Lee. You have done your best and also I think this is better for me and Leeso to solve it.

Leeso's father: You are right. But whatever is going to happen, I know it will be the right thing.

He patted me on my shoulder before walking away, probably to his room. I sighed for how many times I didn't know and walked back to my room. Alone. Again.

*Jahoon’s POV*

Leeso: Today was so fun, unnie! It had been such a long time since I had so much fun with you Jahoon unnie.

Jahoon: Yeah… me too… You know, Leeso? I have to go now. I have something very important to do.

I got my arm free from her with an apologetic look before trying to walk away when she said something that made me stop.

Leeso: And that important thing is Liz unnie right? You like her now right?

I turned to look at her with confusion. Of course, I liked Liz but not in that way.

Jahoon: Of course I like her! She hasn't been anything else than nice to me! But have I fallen in love with her? No, because I have someone that I already like.

Leeso: Oh really?! Who is it?! Who is it?! Tell me! Tell me unnie!

Leeso began walking closer to me and pushed me by my shoulders and yelled for me to tell her. I looked at her in frustration before I cupped her cheeks and planted my lips onto hers. I could feel her getting surprised for a moment before returning the kids. Suddenly we heard something drop behind us and we looked behind to see Liz looking at us with a shocked expression.

Jahoon: Liz…

Liz: Don't mind me! I was just going the wrong way!

Liz then proceeded to pick up what seemed like her phone before running off. I didn't care that Leeso was trying to stop me, all I knew was to run after Liz. We got back to our room where I closed the door behind me before grabbing Liz by her arm making her turn around to face me.

Jahoon: Listen-

I was trying to explain myself but when I saw the tears streaming down her face, I couldn't bring myself to speak. All I could do was stare at her.

Liz: Now I know where your hearts belong. Don't worry, I will not get in your guys' way. We will just act in front of our parents so that they don't suspect anything.

Liz pulled her arm away from me and got out of the room. I just stood there frozen while staring in front of me. I could feel my heartache. Was this what Liz was feeling every time she was with me? Wait… shouldn't I be happy? What I wanted from the start is happening right now! You wanted Liz to hate you and divorce you… but why did it hurt so much?