Honeymoon (part 1)

Arranged marriage

Mom: I will miss you so much, my daughter. Please take care of yourself and Liz when you are there.

Jahoon: Don't worry mom. I will take good care of Liz.

Mrs. Kim: I trust you will do that Jahoon. You have already proved yourself and I know that Liz will be in good hands.

Dad: You guys should go now. The flight is going to take off soon.

Mr. Kim: See you guys in a month! Have fun in the Maldives!

Liz and I hugged our parents for the last time before we boarded the plane. Our parents had decided that we had to go to the Maldives because it is such a romantic place for a new couple. I sat down on my seat with a sigh. We were placed in first class.

Liz: I know that you don't want to go with me but let us try and have some fun while we are at it?

Jahoon: Don't expect much from me. Now leave me alone so that I can catch some sleep.

I laid the seat down and laid down with my back facing her and fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was awoken when I felt someone shake me.

Liz: Jahoon. We are here.

Jahoon: That was fast. Alright get your things and we will depart the plane.

I grabbed my luggage and helped Liz with her and departed the plane. We got the keys to the car that my parents had rented for our trip here and drove to the hotel that was reserved for us. It was the one that you would have dreamed of. A big house for yourself with the view of the ocean just right in front of you and a private pool.

Liz: This is fantastic! I can't believe we get to stay here for a whole month!

Jahoon: I have to admit that this is a very nice place. Our parents have outdone themselves.

Liz: Let's go to the beach! It is such nice weather today!

Jahoon: Fine but let me change some clothes. I can't believe that I'm even agreeing to do this.

I mumbled to myself as I grabbed a white dress shirt with a pair of shorts before walking into the bathroom to change. When I was done, Liz got inside and changed to a white dress, which made her look very more amazing than what she had already done… wait… what did I say?

Liz: Let's go!

Liz grabbed my hand and pulled me outside and to the beach. The weather was nice and clear and there weren't really a lot of people around here making it more private.

Liz: What do you think? Ain't it nice to just enjoy this freedom of doing anything you want and not worry about work and other stressful stuff?

Liz began walking backward while facing me and her arms stretched out. I sighed and looked at her worriedly.

Jahoon: Stop walking like that! You are going to hurt yourself if you continue to do that! We have just begun our trip and I don't want to end the day in the hospital!

Liz: It is fine Jahoon! Nothing will- Ouch!

Just as she said that she tripped and fell on her . I quickly ran over to her and kneeled down beside her.

Jahoon: Are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere?

Liz: My left foot is hurting a little but I just think that I may have hit it when I fell. It will be fine if I just rest it.

Jahoon: Let me see.

Liz: No! Jahoon! Wait!

I took Liz's shoe on her left foot off and began examining her foot. She didn't yell in pain when I turned and twisted it so it was a good sign that nothing was broken or anything. A rest will do. I looked at Liz to see her looking at me with blushed cheeks.

Jahoon: Yeah, nothing is really broken but you scratched your foot. There is a bit of a nasty wound there that we have to clean when we get back to our room.

I turned around with my back facing her.

Liz: What… What are you doing?

Jahoon: Get on my back.

Liz: I can walk! My legs are still working perfectly fine!

Jahoon: Your legs are working but if you begin to walk you may kick dirt into the wound and I don't want to waste time when all of it could be prevented by just you allowing me to carry you.

Liz kept quiet for a while. I thought she was going to protest again but as soon as I were to turn around, she climbed up my back and wrapped her arms around my neck. I just slightly chuckled as I began standing up.

Jahoon: You should have allowed me to do it in the first place and why are you so light?! You should eat some more!

Liz: Just… walk…

Liz mumbled shyly making me laugh. I began waking slowly but after a while, I could feel Liz shift a little.

Liz: Where are you going? Our room is the other way!

Jahoon: I know.  But you said that you wanted to enjoy the beach and so I'm letting you do that now that we are here after all. The only thing is that you can't walk on your own.

Liz: Thank you Jahoon but won't you get tired? The beach isn't that small.

Jahoon: I'm stronger than I look. I won't get tired that easily also don't think I'm doing this because I'm beginning to like you. I'm just doing what every normal person being would do.

Liz: Right.

Liz giggled. I could feel my heart clench? It was begin to beat at an irregular speed when I heard Liz giggling. I was feeling happy to hear her laugh like this. Was I beginning to fall for her? No, it couldn't be because I'm sure that I like Leeso. Not her. Maybe I have to go and see the doctor myself? I pouted angrily as I couldn't figure out why I was like this. We walked to the end of the beach and back, making some stops here and there for Liz to enjoy the moment or playing with the water with me making sure that dirt didn't enter her wound. After about two hours we made it back to our room. I sat her on the couch in the living room part and grabbed the first aid kit that was luckily placed inside the room.

Jahoon: It is going to hurt a bit but it is better than the pain you will be feeling in the hospital.

I grabbed her foot and cotton with some ointment on it. I lightly pressed it to her wound.

Liz: Ouch! It hurts~

I looked at Liz who was scrunching her face in pain. I then grabbed her hand and returned my attention back to her wound.

Jahoon: Here take my hand. If it hurts then just squeeze all the pain into it.

Liz: But you will only have one hand left.

Jahoon: Don't worry. I have done this before on myself and also with only one hand, so this will be no problem.

I quickly put on the ointment and wrapped her foot with a bandage and then with an extra layer of plastic.

Jahoon: Now this should be fine. I have also wrapped your foot in plastic so you can go and take a shower now without worrying about getting it wet.

Liz: Thank you again Jahoon and I'm sorry for… squeezing your hands that much.

Jahoon: It's fine. Now go and take a shower, so that I can take one too. I'm beginning to feel tired again.

I stood in front of the window and glanced at the sunset and the beach in front of me. Liz grabbed her towels and clothes before walking inside the bathroom and closed the door behind her. As soon as I heard the door close, I tried to shake the pain away from the hand that Liz had been holding.

Jahoon: Such a small girl but then again with such a strong grip.

I took a heavy sigh and massage my temples. This was only the first day of our honeymoon but so many things had already happened. I sat down and watched the TV while waiting for Liz to come out. When she was done, I got in myself, took a shower, and changed into some pajamas before going to bed.

 

 

*Liz's POV*

I was sitting at the vanity when I heard Jahoon's soft breath. I turned around in the chair to see her already fallen deep asleep. She must have been really tired. Both from the flight but also from carrying me the whole day. I slowly made my way to my side of the bed and sat beside her. I looked at her peaceful face. She was really pretty and handsome even while sleeping. A smile formed on my lips as I watched her sleep and tugged a hair behind her ear. I know that you hate me and don't want to marry me and I didn't want to at first but now I have fallen deeply in love with you. Suddenly my phone rang. I grabbed it and walked to the living room to answer it so that I wouldn't disturb Jahoon.

Liz: Hello?

???: Unnie! Is Jahoon unnie there?

Liz: Yeah, she is but she had already fallen asleep since she got too tired from the airplane trip but I know that isn't the only reason that you are calling for.

???: You know me well unnie. You do know that I hate you for marrying Jahoon unnie. Also, both unnie and I know that Jahoon unnie doesn't love you and didn't agree fully to marry you.

Liz: Your point is?

???: I will be going to take Jahoon unnie away from you unnie. I will prove to you that the real one that Jahoon unnie loves is me.

Liz: And you also know me well enough to know that I have fallen for Jahoon too and that I won't get up on her that easily.

???: Stop trying any harder unnie. It will only hurt you when you find out that what I'm saying is true.

Liz: We will see Leeso. We will see.

I hung up the phone and made my way to the bedroom, clearly angry but when I saw Jahoon's peaceful face sleeping on the bed, I couldn't help but melt at the sight. I walked over to my side of the bed and laid beside her, putting my phone at the table beside me. I turned around so that I was facing her. I moved closer, cupped her cheeks, and pressed a light kiss on her forehead. No matter how much you hate me Jahoon, I will try anything to make you love me. I will protect you. I laid my head on her chest and fell asleep.