I'm sorry

Arranged marriage

Liz: Welcome home Jahoon. How was your day?

As soon as I got home, Liz was already standing at the entrance of the mansion waiting for me. I got out of the car with a sigh and just gave her my jacket while walking past her. Not even sparing her a word.

Liz: You must have worked hard today, so I have made your favorite dishes.

Jahoon: Why do you even care about me?!

I was about to walk up the stairs to our room but turned around to look at her and burst out on her. Liz looked at me shocked for a moment but put on her smile and acted as nothing had happened. Like I just didn’t yell at her a few seconds ago.

Liz: You have worked hard. You should go up and take a bath before eating.

I looked at her in disbelief and walked straight to her. Liz stood on her ground and just kept looking at me with a smile but I could see her trying hard not to cover in fear.

Jahoon: Why do you even care? I

walked closer to her step by step, making Liz slowly back away. I took a deep breath and turned around to walk up the stairs and to our bedroom. Ignoring her completely for the rest of the day unless our parents were there.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jahoon: Please make someone revise the plan once again and find out how far the team is with the plan.

I closed the folder and handed it over to Eunbi, who bowed before walking out of the room. I leaned back in my seat and placed my feet on my desk while closing my eyes. Suddenly I heard someone knocking on the door, making me sit back up straight and acting like I was working.

Jahoon: Come in!

The door opened to reveal Liz entering with a bag in her hand. I looked at her confusedly and stood up from my seat.

Jahoon: What are you doing here? Don’t you have work to do?

Liz made her way to the couch area at the right side of my office and sat down on the couch.

Liz: I don’t have work today, so I thought that I should pay you a visit. Also yesterday you didn’t really eat much so I brought you some lunch.

Liz placed the bag on the table and pulled out a few lunchboxes. I sighed and rolled my eyes in disbelief but still made my way to sit across from her. Liz looked at me with a smile before standing up to sit beside me. Liz took one of the lunchboxes in her hand and grabbed a spoon to grab a bite. She moved the spoon to my lips, intending for me to eat it.

Liz: I have just newly made this, so it is still hot.

I looked at her with a blank face for a moment before slapping her hand away from my face, making the spoon fall to the ground. Liz looked at the spoon shocked but tried to keep her cold and just grabbed a pair of chopsticks this time.

Jahoon: Stop it!!!

I slapped her hand again but this time the lunchbox went flying too. I glared at her while she looked like she was going to cry.

Jahoon: Why are you being so nice to me?! Why do you even care about me?! What have I ever done to you for you to be this nice to me?

Tears rolled down her cheek. She sniffed and used the back of her hand to wipe it away. She bit her under lip as she tried not to cry more.

Liz: Even though you think that you have been bad to me, you have always been there for me. I know how sweet and caring you actually are, Jahoon. You just don't show it anymore.

Jahoon: And how do you know that?! Do you even know me?! Because of what I know you are just nothing more than a stranger to me and a whole pain in the !!!!

I stood up and yelled at her while pointing my finger at her. Liz stood up and looked at me. This time tears were rolling down her face with no intention to stop any time soon.

Liz: But you are not a stranger to me… I love you… but if you think I'm only getting in your way then I will leave… I'm sorry for troubling you…. I will make sure that you will never see me again…

Liz bowed slightly to me before she ran out of the room. I just stared at her as she disappeared from the door. I took a deep breath and ran my hand through my hair, letting out a heavy sigh.

Jahoon: What the hell have I done?

I looked at the door again before deciding to run after her and try to fix it. I know that I have been an extremely bad person towards her and that I deserve to live in hell but something in me pulled me into the direction of choosing to follow her.

Jahoon: Excuse me but did you see where Liz ran to?

Counter worker: I saw her run outside of the building in that direction.

She pointed in the direction that Liz run to. I thanked her before running outside in the direction that I had been pointed to. I looked frantically around and yelled her name but there were too many people around to find her. I suddenly heard someone yell.

???: Be careful!!!

I ran in the direction of the voice and saw a group of people looking at the road. I followed their eyes and saw Liz standing on the road while a car was approaching her fast.

Jahoon: Liz!!!

I ran towards her and pushed her out of the way right before the car hit me and send me flying in the air and hitting the ground a few meters away. I couldn’t see clearly, everything was blurred but I could hear a lot of people scream. Suddenly Liz appeared in my sight. I could feel her slowly put my head on her lap as she held me close to her.

Jahoon: I’m sorry.

Liz: Don’t talk for now. Save your energy.

Tears were streaming down her face as she seemed to try and stop herself. I reached a hand out to her face and wiped her tears. Liz leaned her cheek into my hand and held it with hers.

Jahoon: I’m sorry for hurting you so much like that. I shouldn’t have done it at all.

Liz: Don’t talk about it… I know that you didn’t mean it at all. You don’t need to say it all.

Jahoon: But I want to… in case I don’t survive…

Liz: Don’t say that. You will survive. You will survive.

I kept staring at her face but she was beginning to fade away by the minute that passed. It was becoming even more difficult to breathe and I noticed myself heaving for breath. I could hear Liz keep calling my name but I couldn’t answer at all and before I knew it everything became black.