Sweet bickering in the morning

I love you more than love itself
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They were cocooned into one nest of a blanket. Jisoo laid in place as Jennie's other pillow, her head snuggled deep into the crooks of her wife's neck, front pressed against her back. Her arms wrapped around her torso, as Jisoo had her back turned, limbs almost hanging off the edge with how much space Jennie was hogging. Together, their eyes were closed shut in unconscious joy.

If there's contentment in sleep because of the absence of consciousness, then, in theory, there's a higher level of contentment when you're asleep with your loved one. Think of it as, with each passing hour of the evening, your container of a heart is gradually being filled with the simple affection of finding warmth within each other, despite being so beautifully unaware of it. There are also other scientific justifications as to why we sometimes find delight in sleeping with someone else in bed. But to deduce, sleeping with someone willingly creates a stronger bond because, in sleeping, there's vulnerability. And if we share that vulnerability, there's trust and maybe even love.

Our bodies have their own mind at night—it's in our nature anyway to instinctively search for heat in times of coldness. Other than for survival purposes, there's something endearing about pulling someone close without thought whenever our bodies fail to shelter us from harm.

Maybe that was the loveliness of it—Jennie and Jisoo search for one another even in their sleep, because it's in the nature of their relationship. The act of closeness, their second innate act after breathing. It could also be from Jennie's influence, as even before they met, the woman was naturally intimate. But Jisoo could never admit openly that she, too, craves for that physical touch. She hopes that showing it was enough of a declaration that she also relishes in their simple acts of affection.

There was nothing but their slow breathing and the permeation of warmth at each passing second. Together, they travel to dreamland.

Then, the baby monitor rings, the faint wail of mommy comes through the speaker.

Their eyes flew quickly at the noise. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter