Would do anything

I love you more than love itself
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Two figures ran without pause. The crunch of nut-brown leaves echoes throughout—labored exhales, sharp intakes of breath. The thick, baggy garments were constraining their large movements. And though most of the sunlight is filtered by the gaps in between the forest leaves, they spill carelessly on their eyes, making it difficult to see everything without angling their head a certain way. Hand-in-hand, they calibrated their bodies on autopilot, moving without so much thought.

Both stop behind a tree, naturally leaning at the oak as they steal some relief. The shorter of the two peers behind. Endless towers of the Earth, luscious greens, bulging roots, but no person. Seeing that the coast was clear, they allowed themselves to think. Their clear mask fogs, vests dragging their worn muscles down. But they don't sit down. No, not when Jennie is holding Jisoo up with her eyes ablaze, hands gripping the gun tight.

Jisoo should be scared of how intense Jennie was acting. They weren't getting younger, and it wouldn't take much for a bone to snap or tendon to tear with how strenuous they were working. Though, apart from that, she should also be scared of the fact that this was the most serious Jennie has ever been. The woman stood tall—compensating for her meager height—hair upon the wind while she faced Jisoo. Jennie then lifted her mask, and as Jisoo guessed, her stare could rival against a thousand suns. The older woman could do nothing but gulp.

Jennie starts, voice low but there's an impact with each syllable.

"If we lose this… "

 

"It's just a game, honey, it's not that serious—"
 

"If we lose this, Jisoo Kim, I'm divorcing you."

She immediately shuts . Lips drew in, the insides of her cheeks in between teeth.

Well. There was that.

Jisoo blinks a few times before looking at Jennie with an incredulous face. She lifts her mask and stammers her next sentences in clumsy.

"Are… are you serious?"

"Do I look like I'm kidding?" Jennie scoffs, placing a hand on her hip. Jisoo tries to comprehend what was happening.


It was the fifth of June. The paintball competition was held annually between doctors and lawyers. The hospital and the law firm were adjacent to one another. As a result, everyone knew everyone. It was a little trip they did to take a break from their long hours and high-pressured environment. Everyone also participated, so it added more to the fun. Jennie was a staple volunteer, as she genuinely loves the adrenaline and the mechanics of the play.

There was not one game she missed out on. And to further her expression of excitement, she has extended the invitation to her wife. But because of mischances, Jisoo would decline without meaning to, the past few attempts. Now, she was finally free of any work for the next few days and finally came with, to which Jennie couldn't be any more ecstatic about.

Jisoo looks around again. They were far away from the meeting area. She strips off her mask completely, then propped her gun against the tree. She loosens the straps of her protection vest for a bit, allowing some of the air to breathe through her shirt.

 

She recalls why they were here. Jennie suggested that they formulate a plan; so they went as far away as they could, making sure that no one else was following them. They ran a good distance. But Jisoo misinterpreted it as her wife was asking for a sneaky make-out. This was her current dilemma.

The red-haired scratched her head. "I thought you brought me here so we could have a little bonding—"
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter