You drive me insane (literally)

I love you more than love itself
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


It was going to be a good day. Jisoo knows that from the gut-deep. The sun was alive, moving against the sky in steady, bringing light to the world without a demand. The trees were even more green than usual. But among the myriad of reasons that made her feel lighter; what truly made her jovial is that Areum was alongside her, holding her hand, grinning with so much joy that it infected Jisoo, as well.

Today was one of those days where Jisoo had a bit of leeway with her constantly packed schedule. And Jisoo can't think of a better way to spend her free time other than being with her little angel, doing every mother-daughter activity they can think of. Jennie was at the firm, being all corporate and business. While it'd be best that all three of them were spending the day together, Jisoo can't help but want to be tiny—a great emphasis on tiny—bit selfish with Areum. Work has been tying her down from day one, so she likes to think that these types of days were her way of trying to take back all those stolen times she could've had with her baby. So, she tries to compensate as much as she can.

One of which was spoiling her absolutely rotten.

They entered the toy store. And it did not take two steps for their attention to go haywire all over the place. Areum lets out a soft gasp. Jisoo, however, immediately spotted the electronics corner. Her eyes sparkled in excitement—there was a huge helicopter drone on the display.

Her day just got better.

She crouches down to Areum's level, fixing the creases of her coat. In a soft voice, she speaks.

"Alright, baby. Pick out whatever you want. I'll just stand on that corner." Jisoo points where the electronic corner was. Areum nods, even if what her mother said just entered one ear to exit the other. She was already jumping up and down from the build-up of energy.

"Okay, mommy! Can I go now?"

Jisoo snickers, finding Areum endearing and all the little things she does. She points to her cheek, tapping as she requests. "Give me a kiss first."

Areum did just as so—a big smooch that made Jisoo crinkle her nose with how mushed their faces were.

Jisoo laughs, nodding at the store, slapping her bum as the little one scurries at the nearest aisle. She lingers for a bit more at the spot, making sure Areum was in her sight. Then, she slowly made her way to the corner, hands behind her back as she contained her interest. There were a variety of devices, but that helicopter drone sitting by the platform display made her itch to play with.

Jisoo caught eyes with an employee, a man holding a helicopter. He seems like he knows a lot about them.

"Hey," she greets. The man reciprocated the grin, ten times wider than hers.

"Hello, ma'am! What can I do for you?"

She nods at the drone.

"That's interesting, whatever you got there."

"Yes, it is! This is the newest edition of our collection, the Blade Nano 230S V2 RTF RC Helicopter. It has new features, like the GPS and autopilot, where it calibrates itself in any flight altitude..." The clerk rambles on, preparing the remote controller. "The Blade Nano 230 also has multi-channels, so it's really great for aerial tricks."

Jisoo perks when the employee had the remote controller for the helicopter in his palms. It was heavy-looking and technical. She can't wait to play with it.

"Yeah, yeah. Can I try it?"

The man eyed her weirdly, then went back to the task at hand.

"Oh, uhm, sure! Just a moment."

The clerk hasn't snapped the lids of the batteries yet for Jisoo to snatch it away from his hands. She coos, like a pirate discovering a black pearl. She weighs it and fiddles with the buttons. They were heavenly.

"Jesus, it's bigger than my two hands..." Jisoo mumbles, more to herself.

"Yes, the buttons are for the cameras you're going to attach..."

She cuts him off without meaning to. "... can I fly it here? I wanna fly it now."

Once again, the clerk was taken aback by this eccentric woman. She was much more excited about the helicopter drone than she let on. He says nothing and instead unlatches the device from its platform. When he was about to set the drone on the ground—a child screams for Jisoo right before she was about to press the activate button.

"Mommy!" Waddles of small feet came in her direction. Areum was smiling wider now, as she called for her mother urgently. Seems like someone found something to play with, too.

The executive dropped the controller at her side, immediately crouching down to meet Areum. Jisoo playfully pinched her cheek, making the small girl giggle.

"Darling, have you found anything you like—"

"Yes!" Areum butts in. She takes hold of Jisoo's sleeve, pulling her up in need. "But the shop lady said I should bring you. Come on, mommy!"

The auburn-haired raises her brow. Jisoo holds a breath in, humming in nervousness. She glanced back at the clerk who was waiting for her. She looked down at the controller abandoned at her hand. Well, there goes her little entertainment.

"Okay... I... just a minute, dear, mommy's doing something—"

Areum became deaf for her mother's reasons. The little Kim did not let a word come out of Jisoo anymore, as she was already dragging the poor woman upwards so quickly that Jisoo had no choice but to walk in speed, just to catch up with the overjoyed child.

"Come on! Let's go, let's go!"

"Jeez. What has got you all riled up baby?" The mother giggles. Helicopters be damned. Now, she was curious about what's Areum fussing all over about.

"Toy car!"

"A toy car, huh? Is it a hot wheels set—"

Air was knocked out of her lungs. All the next words she was about to say wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter