Tutor

Hanahaki Strings

"Hey Jun. When will you have your retake?" Jeonghan asked his roommate while he was fixing his uniform.

Jun turned to him, "In three days. Why?"

"Just asking. I'll start to find it later so that you can start reviewing," Jeonghan said.

His roommate smiled at him, "It's alright, Jeonghan. Take your time. I'm staying up in the library to read anyway."

Jeonghan nodded. He bid goodbye to his roommate to go eat breakfast alone before proceeding to his classroom since Jun hasn't taken a bath yet and Jeonghan's already hungry.

On his way to the school's cafeteria, he's been mentally listing potential students that he knew. He's acquainted with so many smart students that he can just choose anyone. He knows he can make them agree immediately. He has his ways of convincing people. By hook or by crook.

Kim Taehyung? Hmm, he's too hot-headed. Park Jinyoung? Nah, he's a busy man. How 'bout Wonho? Geez, he's a ert I remember. Who else is there?

Jeonghan can't pick despite the long list he has in mind. He just can't pick anyone, he needs to consider their attitude too. Jun needs a tutor who has a lot of patience because he's Chinese and he might have a hard time understanding some lessons.

He decided not to dwell on it for now because his stomach was growling at him already, and so he fastened his pace on the school's cafeteria.

Since Jeonghan went way too early, there's only a few students eating at the cafeteria. He quickly got his breakfast and found himself a place to eat his food peacefully.

Jeonghan wasn't used to eating alone. He often eats breakfast, lunch and dinner with his only two friends- Jun and his boyfriend, Xu Minghao- who is a year below them- and both are Chinese dudes.

Yes, the prankster Yoon Jeonghan is a third wheel.

But although he's a third wheel, he never felt left out. The two weren't showing too much skinship nor saying too many sweet words to each other when they're in public or when they're with Jeonghan. And the latter found them considerate for it since he also wouldn't want to see them showing too much affection with each other given that Jeonghan is a single soul and hasn't found his mate yet. Although there were times only the two of them hung out, Jeonghan understands that and he respects it.

And Jeonghan hasn't really given any thoughts about his lovelife, but he's still waiting for it, for the right time to come where he'll finally meet his soulmate.

Everyone does tho.

Jeonghan turned to the door of the cafeteria when he heard noises coming in. It's not only him, other students who were quietly eating their breakfast also turned to the door.

The three male students were pushing each other as they entered the cafeteria. But they halted when they noticed the stares from the other students.

Jeonghan recognized the three. They were quite popular, and were also students just beside his room. His eyes widened when he saw one of the men who just entered.

Right! How come I forgot him? Jeonghan thought as he stared at one of the guys who just entered. 

Joshua Hong. Jeonghan knew him. He's one of the top students in their batch and known for being nice, yet naive and innocent. Jeonghan's aware about how other students would take advantage of this poor man because of his kindness and naivety. 

Other than that, he's popular with some girls and boys. You know, typical gentleman ideal types.

Jeonghan doesn't need to ponder for too long. He had finalized his decision. He chose Joshua to be Jun's tutor since he knew the guy would have the patience to tutor his Chinese friend. All he needs to do is to talk with Joshua later when he's no longer with his two friends who're always beside him. Jeon Wonwoo and Lee Jihoon. His overprotective, intimidating friends who would defend Joshua from the long list of students who would use Joshua for their advantage.

And Jeonghan's gonna be included in that long list later.

For now, he decided to finish his breakfast first and proceed to his class. He'll just think of it later.

After eating his breakfast and putting back the tray, he went to the restroom first. When he finished doing his business, he washed his hands and dried them.

Just before he exited the restroom, someone went in.

"Oh! What a perfect timing," Jeonghan exclaimed as his eyes locked with Joshua's confused ones.

Joshua's forehead creased because of what the latter said, "H-huh?"

"Are you alone?" Jeonghan asked while looking around.

Joshua nodded although he's confused.

He knew Jeonghan, of course. Who wouldn't? He's a troublemaker. Not the type who fights with every student, but the type who pranks everyone, even teachers yet he always gets away with it because well, no one has a solid proof he's the one behind the pranks but everyone knows it's surely him.

Luckily, he never did it to Jisoo or to any of his friends. He doesn't have any reason to do so in the first place.

Jeonghan smiled victoriously, looks like lady luck is on my side today.

"Can I ask a favor?" Jeonghan started.

Upon hearing the word 'favor', Joshua instantly stood straight up, "What is it?"

Jeonghan internally grinned. At this point, he knows Joshua would approve of his favor without him forcing or blackmailing the naive man. And it's much easier and relieving for him.

"I have this Chinese friend who's taking a test to pass the qualifications of the scholarship exams. However, he's having a hard time with the tests since he's a Chinese dude. I'm wondering if you can help him? Since you're one of the top students in our batch..." Jeonghan stated, carefully examining Joshua's face.

Unsurprisingly, Joshua smiled, "Sure! I have nothing else to do anyway. When do I start?"

Jeonghan knew Joshua would agree, but he didn't expect he wouldn't ask further questions.

He thought he would have many questions, but fortunately, he didn't.

"It's alright with you? You're supposed to be busy, right?" 

"Nope. I finished all the things I needed to pass. So, when is it?" Joshua asked.

Jeonghan smiled widely, "His test will be in three days. If it's alright to you, you can start later." 

"It's fine with me. Just... uh, give me his number so I can ask him where he wants to..." Joshua said hesitantly.

"Give me your phone," Jeonghan said, which the latter immediately handed over. Few years of being friends, Jeonghan memorized Jun's number and so he didn't need to look for his contact on his phone.

"What's his name, by the way?" Joshua asked after Jeonghan gave back his phone.

"Jun," Jeonghan answered, "I hope you'll be patient with my friend. I think it'll be hard to tutor him since he's Chinese but don't worry! He's smart and hardworking."

Joshua smiled, "Don't worry about that. Anyways, I need to go inside. See you later!" He said and entered a cubicle before hearing Jeonghan's answer.

Jeonghan chuckled, "Thank you so much Joshua!" He said before leaving the restroom.

Phew, that was easy . Jeonghan thought.

He then remembered to text Jun to inform him about Joshua. So he took out his phone.

 

Jeonghan:

Hey man, I've got you a tutor. I gave him your number.  

 

Not long after he texted, Jun immediately replied. 

 

Jun:

Really? Thank you so much, Han! I'll treat you to bubble tea next time! 

 

Jeonghan:

There's no need to treat me. I'm glad to help. 

 

Jun: 

No. I'll treat you. That's the only way I can repay you. 

 

Jeonghan:

Fine, if that makes you feel better :))

 

Jeonghan chuckled before he pocketed his phone with a smile plastered on his face.

He has this overwhelming feeling of satisfaction after helping Jun. He always felt it whenever he'd help someone, may it be small or big.

It was such a great feeling for Jeonghan, and so he really liked it when he managed to help someone in need.