027

The Promise | Completed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi assembling a baby crib that they bought during a company getaway at Pyeongchang. Irene laze on the bean bag looking at her fiancé

“You have already been assembling it for 40 minutes now, you know. If you can’t do it, just leave it there. Junmyeon can do it himself”

“I can do it, Hyun. It almost ready”

“Alright” Irene shrugs. She know Seulgi will not give up even he have hard time finishing it

“When will hyung and Jisoo come?”

“Maybe next weekend. Next Wednesday is Junmyeon's last day working before taking his leave. They need to settle documents at the hospital before coming here. Do you call Dr. Song already?”

“Yes, I already asked Secretary Park to call her. She asked to bring Jisoo to meet her as soon as they came. I will ask Secretary Park to give you her number so you can set appointment”

“Okay, I will do it” Irene nods her head

“I just know that it’s fun shopping for baby items. The items are so cute. I don’t know which one to buy” Seulgi giggle

“Yeah true, I’m having fun shopping for baby necessities”

“I can’t wait to shop for our own baby. You know Hyun, I already survey some brands like Chanel, Bulgari, LV, Dior, Nike, Adidas, Puma and Prada to find out if they have product for kids'' Seulgi stated innocently

Irene jaw dropped “You did? We’re not planning for baby yet, honey”

“I just check out which brand have product for kids so that we don’t need to search here and there if one day we have baby”

“Aigoo, those brands are very expensive” Irene massage her temple

“Our baby must be the most expensive baby in Korea…just like their appa” Seulgi say dreamily

Irene can’t believe what she just hears “Are you expensive?”

“Yup, I don’t want to show off but those famous celebrities are not a match with me. I got sponsor by popular brands without become their ambassador or endorser”

“You invest in their company”

“No, not all of my sponsors I invest in. I’m very lucky I guess”

“Alright, whatever”

Seulgi laid down on the carpet and stare at the ceiling “I have something about my family tradition that I haven’t tell you”

“What is it?”

“About our first name” Seulgi paused “Do you ever wonder what the origin of KS is?”

“No, tell me now”

“KS is taken from Kang Shijin initial”

“Okay, then?”

“Grandpa and grandma said that whoever inherits KS Group, their children must start with the letters K and S. Did you notice that appa and aunty Jessi's names start with K and S?”

Irene rubbing her chin then she slowly nods her head “I just noticed it. Kang Siwon and Kang Sooyeon”

“You also don’t notice mine and my sister’s name, don’t you?”

Irene immediately looked at Seulgi “Kang Seulgi. Kang Sooyoung. Kang Yoona? Why doesn't unnie’s first name not start with S?”

Seulgi turned to his side and placed his arm under his head “Yoong noona birth name is Kang Soyoon. Grandma and grandpa call her with pet name, Yoon. They called her Yoon-ah…Yoon-ah so she is known as Yoona instead of Soyoon. When she grows up and learns that one of us will inherit the company, she decides to step back. She doesn't want to be the heiress on KS Group so the strong candidate is me since I am the second child. Sooyoung also made the decision that she would give me a way for me to become the CEO. Few years later, noona changed her name legally to Yoona with permission from our elder. If she became the CEO, no way she can change her name”

Irene connected the dots “So that means our children's first name also will start with S because they are children of the current CEO?”

Seulgi snapped his fingers “Bingo!”

“Oh, I thought unnie not become CEO because she is woman”

“No, KS heir is not necessarily a man. Our inheritance system is the first born is the first candidate. Doesn’t matter if we're a man or a woman if we’re first child we will be the strong candidate. However, we also have the right to step back. When our age turns 21, we will be asked if we want to continue to be the next CEO or not. If yes then we will start to prepare ourselves. If the answer is no then we’re free to choose our own path. Our family does not set up what career we should choose. We can choose whether we work with KS or not. Thankfully our elders are not controlling us too much. They are only strict when it comes to our name. Well, as grandma said our name is our pride”

“You’re right, they are generous enough that they give you all freedom to choose your own dream”

“Yup”

“We should start looking for good name that start with S from now on”

“Em” Seulgi nods his head “If the heiress is female, her last name must remain Kang and her children who will inherit the company must use Kang as last name. No one can violate that rule. It is written in Law on Kang Family”

“It sound like a kingdom legacy”

“That’s our kingdom~ yeahhh” Seulgi singing “Kang monarch…sound good”

“Kang monarch, please continue assembling the crib so we can have lunch quickly. I’m hungry”

“Okay my lady” Seulgi sit down and continue assembling the crib

………………

Seulgi walk back and forth in Seungwan office while the Canadian guy stare at him with curiosity

“You already walk from left to right for 10 minutes. I’m dizzy because of you. Now Mr. CEO, tell me what is in your mind?” Seungwan ask calmly

The CEO finally stop walking and take a sit on the sofa “It’s about Joohyun birthday”

“So what about her birthday?”

“What should I do, Wan? I’m not good at planning party” Seulgi showing puppy eyes

Seungwan lazily looked at his best friend “Now I know why you and noona suit each other well. You two are at planning events but at least noona is better than you. She have a lot of idea even some are unexpected”

“Wan, I need help” Seulgi pouting

“Yes I know. Please don’t make that face before I puke”

“Help me planning party for Joohyun, please~”

“I should change my career from now on. It’s better if I become an event planner instead of working with you. Yahh, open event planner office for me so I can plan any event for KS'' Seungwan groan

“Wan~” Seulgi whining then he sit straight and typing something in his phone “Your favorite Zenith watch will deliver to you two days from now” he showed his phone screen to Seungwan

Seungwan’s eyes sparkle as he see his dream watch from his favorite brand just purchase by Seulgi “Okay, what kind of theme you want?”

“You react quickly after receiving a bribe” Seulgi rolling his eyes “Joohyun like something simple. I want a simple event for her”

“If that is so, just make a simple birthday party for her. Invite your family to the party. Cook her favorites. It will be better if you cook since it is for your fiancé's birthday. Cooking is not a problem for you. I think noona will love it when she is surrounded by people that she loves. She is family woman after all”

“Not bad, I will cook her favorite dish. I should arrange it in my house so I can invite my parents and sisters, you and Roje too. Do you think decoration is necessary?”

“Not really necessary. I can’t help you with that. I’m at decorating but we can search for examples on the internet. Just simple decoration is good enough. The most important is your effort and sincerity”

“You’re right. The party also included Junmyeon hyung. He and Jisoo will arrive from Daegu this week. They will stay with Joohyun until hyung working again”

“Why?”

“Joohyun wants Jisoo to deliver their baby in Seoul so she can look after Jisoo and her baby. She don’t trust hyung to take care of them alone”

“Oh I see, thankfully you tell me early so I can buy present for hyung too”

“Yeah, we will talk again about the party. I have a visitor after this. Join me. My visitor is Ms. Yoo from Kwan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter