023

The Promise | Completed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This morning Seulgi woke up early to make breakfast for his beloved fiancé. One hour of being busy in the kitchen, he finally came out with a special breakfast. After make sure everything is ready, he took the tray to bedroom

Irene is still sleeping soundly when Seulgi comes back with breakfast for her. He put the tray on bedside table then sit on the bed edge

“Hyun, wake up” Seulgi removing hair strand that covering Irene face

Since she is a light sleeper, Irene easily wakes up because Seulgi touches her face “Seul?”

“Good morning” Seulgi beaming brightly

“Good morning, love” Irene sit up then stretch her body “You wake up early today”

“Yup, I made breakfast for my princess”

Irene's sleepy eyes open wide when she hears breakfast. She doesn't notice Seulgi brings breakfast for her because she is busy yawning “You cooked?”

“Yes” Seulgi took the tray then bring to his laps “Breakfast in bed” he said

“Aww, my hubby is so sweet” Irene eyes sparkle seeing French toast, scramble egg and a glass of milk on the tray

“Drink milk first” Seulgi gives the glass to Irene then she takes a sip. He proceed to cut the toast for Irene “Open your mouth”

Irene does as she commands and eats the food that Seulgi offers. “Tasty” she said “Why are you not eating?”

“I will eat later. Right now I want you to eat. You don’t eat anything last night”

“Okay then, make sure you eat after this”

“Alright”

After the food was finished, Seulgi put the tray back on the bedside table. Now he sits facing Irene still in the same position. Irene lean comfortably at headboard

“Baby, I’m sorry for last night” Seulgi initiate their talk

“Why do you apologize?” Irene wondering

“I let you go to the event without me and turn out you hurt by Krystal Jung” Seulgi stare at Irene apologetically

“Seul, it’s not your fault. If you know it is going to happen, you also will avoid it. Don’t apologize. Just tell me everything about Krystal Jung”

“Krystal Jung is my schoolmate. Krystal has been pursuing me since our second year in high school. In the final year, I gave her a chance and we started dating. However, our relationship did not last longer because of her behavior. We only dated for two months if I’m not mistaken. Krystal is materialistic, arrogant, bossy and possessive. During the time I dated her, she did not allow me to associate with anyone. She wants my attention to herself. My activities are limited. Every weekend I must accompany her shopping, go to the spa and salon. She makes me pay for everything. She knows I have an unlimited credit card so she takes advantage. The stuff that she bought is very expensive. Any female student who talks to me, she is not hesitant to scold and humiliate them. She also does the same to female teachers. Our principal gave a warning but it did not shake her. Seeing her uncontrollable attitude, I decide to end our relationship”

Irene listens while staring at Seulgi. She knows Seulgi is being honest right now “Is she still disturbing you after the breakup?”

“Yes, she won't stop even though we're not dating anymore. She still scolds the female student for no reason. She is still bugging me. No matter how I try to push her away, it is not working. She is very stubborn. One day, Seungwan couldn't hold himself anymore and he shouted at her. Seungwan spit out everything that hit her hard. She is angry and feel humiliated so she create rumor that Seungwan have with one of our ex-senior in school gym. Entire school was shocked because of that news and many students gave disgusting looks. Krystal brings her friends to humiliate Seungwan. He was almost kicked out of the school. That news reached Seungwan parents. Thankfully they do not easily trust rumors. They don’t scold him because of that. His father asks their family assistant to investigate the case and we find out that Krystal is the mastermind of that rumor. Uncle Henry demanded justice for his son to clear his name and asked the school to punish Krystal for her bad deeds to tarnish Seungwan’s reputation. In the end, Krystal is expelled from school but before leaving the school Uncle Henry insists she apologize publicly to Seungwan in front of all the students, teachers and school staff. Since then, our school has become peaceful and everything is back to its original place. Seungwan and I study peacefully. We never meet her again and last night is the first time after so many years''

“Such a jerk” Irene grunt

“She can’t get rid of her bad attitude. Because of her, I’m very careful in finding a girlfriend. That is also the reason I am not telling you about my status when we first met each other. I’m scared if I find a woman like Krystal. I seriously hate that species''

“What makes her arrogant? Is she the daughter of a businessman or politician?”

“She is the daughter of attorney Jung Hanseok. Her father is the owner of Babel & Associates. I bet you heard about it. They are chaebol family”

“Ah yes, I heard a bit about that law firm. They have quite dark track record”

Seulgi nods in approval “Since she doesn't have another sibling, she is a spoiled brat. His parents grant all her wishes no matter how hard it is. If Seungwan is not the son of Kyungwon, he will never get justice after what Krystal did to him. Krystal 's parents are just the same as her. Their family is arrogant. Mr. Jung did not scold his daughter even after she created a problem. He is taking her side indeed. Krystal is at fault but he scolds our school principal instead. He accused the principal of humiliating his daughter. He also threatened our principal if he dared to scold Krystal. That is why our principal was hesitant to tell Uncle Henry about Seungwan’s case. After Uncle Henry promised him protection then he agreed to help. Mr. Jung did not dare to touch the principal after Krystal was expelled from school because he was protected by Kyungwon. After that, I heard their family move to San Francisco and their law firm control from there that’s why Krystal never exist here since they leave this country”

Irene rolled her eyes “Apple fall not far from the tree”

“True” Seulgi agrees “Krystal is very dangerous to you. She is a threat especially after what she said to you last night. For your safety, I have two options. First one is you move to my house because that is the safest place. She might not know your address now but we don’t know what could happen in future. Krystal is cunning. Second choice is to hire a bodyguard for you and they will stay very close to you like me and my bodyguards. If you choose this option, I will rent the empty unit for them in front of your unit. Which one is your choice?”

Irene thinking of Seulgi’s offer for few minutes “I choose second option”

“Confident?”

“Yes. If I move to your place, whenever you go out with your bodyguards there will be no one protecting me so I think it’s better if I have my own team”

“You give out Kang aura right now” Seulgi suddenly laughing then receive smack on his forearm

“Don’t tease me or I decline your offers” Irene glare at her silly fiancé

“Sorry honey but your aura as future Mrs. Kang gets stronger when you walk with your bodyguards. I imagine that scene right now” Seulgi still giggle

“Whatever” Irene grunt “How many bodyguards will you hire for me? Male or female?”

“I will try to hire a female bodyguard for you. I know you’re not comfortable with strangers, especially male. Tomorrow I will go to their agency to discuss it. According to my boys, their former agency has plenty of female bodyguards and all of them are the same level as male bodyguards. They also most-sought especially between female celebrities, businesswoman and assemblywoman. I hope they have the best female bodyguard who is currently not tied with any contract. The top notch like mine if possible”

“Okay, I will wait”

“Until you have your own bodyguard, you have to stay in my house. We will leave this afternoon”

“Alright, I will pack later. Now go eat your breakfast”

“Okay boss” Seulgi stood up and took the tray then left for the kitchen. Irene tidy up the bed and go to bathroom to wash up herself

………………..

Seulgi and Irene visit the Kang family at the mansion. They gather in the living room enjoying warm tea and cake that Mrs. Kang and Joy baked. Since it has been few days Irene make Mrs. Kang waiting for her answer regarding h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter