Chapter 5: Could Cry Just Thinking About You

I Write the Songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 5

We took a trip and made the best
We laughed and played, then laid to rest
But life's a blackening way of drifting us further than we are
And now we're knee deep in this mess

 - could cry just thinking about you; troye sivan -

 

 

"What did Go Eun tell you?" Suzy Bae broke the silence.

 

Roseanne on the other hand, had her eyes closed as she inhaled the fresh evening air of Isola Bella. The two women lay across the beach after eating what seemed like heaven on a plate at the hotel restaurant. After eating without really speaking to each other, and aside from a few curious glances from the tables surrounding them, the two decided to head toward the beach.

 

"Nothing much. Just that it's taking one scene too long." Roseanne replied. 

 

"Since you drove us all the way out here, I guess you can ask one thing. Just one." The actress said, plopping herself on the beach towel. 

 

"Hmmm..." Roseanne feigned ignorance. "Do you always have to be an ?" She joked and to her surprise, Suzy laughed too. It wasn't the kind of laugh she saw and heard on set or during interviews. The actress had her nose scrunched in a cute manner as she continued to giggle. It was a sight to see.

 

"What's different?" The singer asked again seriously this time.

 

"Different about?" 

 

"This scene that got my friend looking like a lifeless person. Look, I've seen you act and you are talented so it got me wondering.." Roseanne uttered.

 

"I-It's just.. hard for me to get into." The actress sighed. "I don't know what's wrong with me."

 

"Nothing's wrong with you, Suzy." Roseanne uttered without thinking, so she immediately blushed after. She hopes Suzy doesn't notice her cheeks turning crimson red.

 

"I can't cry." The actress spoke up. Then she laughed. "This is so embarassing. You're practically a stranger and here I am telling you I can't cry." Suzy added as she stared at the view in front of them in order to avoid eye contact with Roseanne. 

 

"I find it hard to believe that." The singer spoke up. "I remember  the first day of taping. Even though you were a to everyone, you can really  act." Chaeyoung uttered.

 

"Did you just call me a ?" Suzy deadpanned. "Okay but you were really mean.." Roseanne tried to argue and the actress just smiled. 

 

"Do you need help?" Roseanne offered. She thought that since they were far away enough from all the pressure from all the staff and directors on Suzy, she might as well try to help.

 

"You're an idol, Roseanne. What would make you think you have exactly the thing to help me?"  Suzy said. Roseanne didn't know if she was mad or just mocking her but she figured it wasn't time to fight back.

 

"I don't know.. You can pretend I'm the other person and we'll go from there." The singer offered and she saw Suzy's eyebrow raise as the latter finally looked at her. "What? If it won't work then it won't. The least you can do is try. It's not as if you have a choice. After all, I'm an idol as you said. I can definitely do a little bit of acting." Roseanne tried t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter