Chapter 3: Honey

I Write the Songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Note: This is a work of fiction.

 

CHAPTER 3

And well she's impatient and I'm complacent
With just a little taste of wasting time
Looking for honey
But she stings like she means it
She's mean and she's mine

- honey; halsey -

 

 

Roseanne's cheeks turned to red as she got up on stage. 

 

It was supposed to be dinner, just that. Not until Go-Eun and asked her to sing for them. So now she sat at the center of the hotel's dining hall rented by the team. A grand piano was in the middle.

 

She couldn't refuse. Not when people were looking at her hopefully so she walked to the middle and positioned her hands atop of the piano keys.

 

"I hate you, Go-Eun." she whispered into the mic and the people around her laughed. "You love me!" The actress shouted. 

 

"Happy evening everyone. You all did good today." Roseanne said before playing with the keys. 

 

She figured it would be nice to play something soothing so she began playing You Never Know by Blackpink. She did not know exactly why but when she looked at the direction where Suzy was sitting, she figured that the actress was also looking at her-- staring blankly at her.

 

Roseanne closed her eyes as she sang. 

 

Causе everybody sees what they wanna see It's easier to judge me than to believe.

 

As the singer opened her eyes, she realized Suzy was out the door. 

 

The room filled with the sound of people applauding for Roseanne. Not long after, the singer shyly stood up and went to the restroom for some air. The moment she was inside the cubicle, she overheard two of the staff mumbling in hushed voices.

 

"Did you see Suzy rush out of the hall when Rosé started singing? She's so rude." One of them said. "Yeah, I heard she's always like that, no one really likes her. If she wasn't a big star, I wouldn't tolerate her antics."

 

The singer decided to come outside and looked at the two with a shy smile. They were obviously shocked that someone was in there and heard them.

 

"Oh unnie, we didn't know you were there." One of them said. "Hey." She simply replied. 

 

"Please don't tell them. Sorry unnie." The other woman said nervously. Roseanne smiled instead. "It's not my business." 

 

The two women sighed in relief but Roseanne spoke up again. "And it shouldn't be yours too, okay? Talking behind people's back is not right."

 

Roseanne was shocked that the women just looked at her in what seemed to be awe. "God, you're so cool unnie!" They squealed. The singer was baffled that this was their reaction. "We will try and be better unnie! Like you! It will not happen again! We promise!" The two said with excitement as they exited the bathroom.

 

Not long after, one of the cubicles opened revealing none other than Suzy. They stared at each other in utter silence, waiting for the other to talk but nothing happened. Suzy went forward and reached for one of the sinks to wash her hand. After drying them off, the actress walked out of the bathroom.

 

When dinner was over, Roseanne walked back to her room and she saw Suzy fumbling with her keycard. The actress noticed her presence and glanced at her, wearing the same cold expression. 

 

Roseanne took it upon herself and decided to be brave for once. She didn't know for what but she reached for the keycard Suzy was holding. In all honesty, Roseanne thought she'd hear an earful from the actress but the latter just let her put in the keycard until it beeped open. 

 

"I didn't ask for your help." And there it was. "I know." Roseanne replied. 

 

"I just know there's something wrong about you." Suzy uttered as she looked at Roseanne from head to toe. "You can't be all good and perfect."

 

"And you can't be all that bad. Touché." Roseanne laughed. And did Suzy just... smile at her?

 

"Goodnight, unnie." Roseanne finally said before leaving the actress alone. She shut the door quickly and leaned on the wall with her eyes closed.

 

She was breathing heavily. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter