Chapter 1: Feel Something

I Write the Songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: This is a work of fiction.

 

CHAPTER 1

Traveled so far on my own
I don't know where I have gone
And I don't wanna be alone
When I am so far from my home

- feel something; clairo -

 

 

"You look really cool right now. Those glasses and the plaid polo always gets me though. If I didn't know you, I'd assume you're a lesbian." Kim Go-Eun chuckled. 

 

"Just when I thought I can finally get some alone time to write." Roseanne replied in a sarcastic tone. The woman craned her neck closer in an attempt to look at Roseanne's notebook. "Oh, come on. You're going to write the soundtrack for our show and you won't even let me take a peek?" Go-Eun teased.

 

"No such privilege as that here." Roseanne teased back. "Besides, my mind's all over the place. I doubt I'll get anything written before our flight."

 

"Not even a little ex-girlfriend privilege then, Chaeyoung-ah?" The woman whispered seductively in her ear. She almost forgot the fact that  Kim Go-Eun was one of her exes let alone the fact that they were not at all alone inside the staff room.

 

"I thought we weren't going to talk about that." Roseanne sighed. "If I had known you were going to be like this, I wouldn't have--" 

 

"Let loose, Roseanne." Go-Eun giggled. "You were always so serious about everything. I loved and hated it at the same time." Roseanne was about to reply but the woman stood up and left like she did not just say what she did. 

 

Roseanne fixed her hair which Go-Eun shuffled playfully before she stood up.

 

She couldn't deny feeling unsettled-- like something was aalways looming at the back of her mind. To her defense, it was probably because of all the pressure this new project had given her. Her company's decision didn't come off as a shock to the singer. In all honesty, Roseanne had wanted to write songs for a Korean drama before. She'd open this up with her producer Teddy to which the latter fully supported. She almost gave up on this want  to write songs for something but that phone call came.

 

Roseanne can remember it vividly. How excited she was when the writer-producer of the show itself called her first thing in the morning to tell her about the offer. What struck her more was the fact that the producer said she wanted her to compose the song. Her. Specifically. 

 

What was even more bizarre for Roseanne was how she felt like she knew the producer from some other life by the way they connected so easily. She remembers the producer saying there's going to be a lesbian couple in the series-- one being the main actress' bestfriend. 

 

Maybe you can write a song or two about them, if you will. 

 

And it was a done deal for Roseanne. As a closeted lesbian and a Korean artist in one of the most sought for girl groups in the world, it has been really, really  difficult for her to hide her true self. Thus, being offered to write a song for a lesbian couple in a series where sapphic relationships are but out of the ordinary, Roseanne didn't have the heart to reject it. 

 

She remembers the producer asking her about her writing process. She even offered a 5-month stay at a secluded resort in Jeju island if needed. 
 

 

Roseanne remembers asking Lee Jung, said producer- about the plot of the kdrama. Chaeyoung would have found the plot generic were it not for the irony she would later find out.
 

Main lead Min Seo is a famo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter