Chapter 4: This Is How You Fall In Love

I Write the Songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4

This is how you fall in love
Let go and I'll hold you up
So pull me tight and close your eyes
Oh, my love, side to side

- this is how you fall in love; jeremy zucker, chelsea cutler -

 

 

Roseanne found it amusing how time easily passes by. She can remember vividly the first day they arrived in Rome. And now two months slipped away just like that. 

 

The singer adapted a routine. She'd jog every morning, wash up after, and then she would go directly to the café to write.

 

By this time, Roseanne's notebook is already half-filled--- though not necessarily with completed and furnished songs. Some pages contained only words, doodles, random poems, and thoughts. Atleast 6 songs were already done and she was ecstatic to record it. Roseanne decided to write a total of 12 songs. One for each episode and one as the official soundtrack to be used in the trailer. Half to go.

 

She made friends with Go Eun and So Hee and continued hanging out with them whenever their free schedules coincide. It was a relief for Roseanne. Having known these two women who are also queer gave the singer some sort of familiarity and tranquility in a sense that she can be whoever she wanted to be when she is with them. Because closeted queer people similarly situated like them are bound by secrecy and protectiveness of each other. It just comes out naturally, she thought--- to protect each other.

 

She haven't really interacted with anyone other than the two. Roseanne hasn't seen Bae Suzy anywhere else other than the balcony of her room every single night-- smoking.

 

And Roseanne couldn't deny this to herself but she was utterly intrigued. How the actress portrayed herself as someone so bubbly and happy in interviews (not that Roseanne watched a lot of them, she wouldn't admit it- no) and how the mask falls off  as easily when the camera pans out. 

 

A loud knocking interrupted Roseanne's flow of thought. It was barely 6a.m. so she wondered who it was.

 

"I'm so ing tired." Go Eun sighed as she slumped her forehead against Roseanne's chest. "Can I sleep here?" The actress asked as she stared at Roseanne hopefully. 

 

The singer noticed the dark circles forming under her ex-girlfriend's eyes and as she watched the other woman dragging her feet toward the sofa, she felt bad for her. 

 

"What happened? It's barely 6, Go Eun." She asked the other as Roseanne sat beside her. "I haven't slept in three days, I'm so ing tired."

 

Three days. Not that Roseanne was counting but it has been exactly three days since she last saw Suzy smoking outside her balcony.

 

"Oh, you poor baby." The singer teased and Go Eun just whined, the latter's face scrunched against the sofa. 

 

"I'm not one to talk and I know she's a good actress despite her attitude but I cannot count how many takes we've had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter