Day 6 Water Drop - Dehydration

KyuSung Week 2gether 2021

"What is Kyuhyun to Yesung?"

"A water drop?"

"Why is that?"

"People can't live without water, right? In our team, you're the youngest and you're quite direct but cute. With that cuteness, you're like a water drop."

— Yesung to Kyuhyun,

Run.wav ep 8, 10 August 2010

 

 

 

5 Signs of Dehydration

 

 

1. Dizziness

 

 

"You're going to Dubai? With Hyukjae-ah?"

"Yes. Well, it's supposed to be Donghae hyung but you know about his injury. The Label sends me there instead."

"Oh…"

 

Yesung suddenly felt dizzy. Kyuhyun, his boyfriend, will go to Dubai for an offline concert after a very long time. He was happy for the maknae, obviously, but he was also sad. He missed meeting ELF face to face too. But most importantly…

 

"How long will you be there?"

"About two days and two nights. We'll fly there in the evening and stay the night. Then stay another night after the concert and come back on the next day."

 

He would definitely miss Kyuhyun badly. Nevermind the overseas concert, his boyfriend was extremely busy with just his jobs in Korea. However, they could still meet at night at the dorm even for a short time, unlike the upcoming concert, Dubai, an entirely different country. Just imagining him unable to meet Kyuhyun at the end of the day was enough to make him feel more dizzy. During the pandemic, it was near impossible to meet their fans so Yesung often felt lonely, but his boyfriend always made sure to be there for him despite his hectic schedule. But now Kyuhyun will be away for two whole days...

 

"I'll miss you so much, Kyuhyun-ah…"

"I'll miss you too, hyung. Actually, I haven't gone there yet but I already missed you."

 

Kyuhyun cradled his face and made him look into his brown eyes, and he caressed the maknae's mole under his right eye that he loved absentmindedly.

 

"I'll do my best with the concert and hurry to come back to your side, Yesung hyung."

"Kyu…"

 

He closed his eyes and let his anxiety be washed away by Kyuhyun's warm lips. Suddenly, he didn't feel dizzy anymore.

 

******************************

 

2. Dry Skin

 

 

"Hyung, stop scratching your hands. You're going to bruise them."

"But Jongjin-ah! I can't help myself. I'm worried about Kyuhyun-ah and Hyukjae-ah. It had been a while since they flew on a plane. Plus, they might have already been vaccinated but there's still a chance to contact the virus!"

 

Yesung thought anxiously. At the same time, he couldn't stop rubbing or scratching his hands until red marks were formed on his pale skin. He was very worried about his boyfriend and his dongsaeng that his bad habit resurfaced. In the past, he often bit his nails when he felt anxious but Kyuhyun stopped him. So, he changed to scratching instead. Normally, the maknae would hold his hands or apply a hand cream for him, but he was by himself now.

 

"They'll be fine, hyung. See? Kyuhyun is very active on Instagram now so he's totally fine!"

 

Jongjin who dropped by to check on him showed his phone to him and his younger brother was right, Kyuhyun left comments and likes everywhere as if he just remembered a password to his account. Yesung smiled seeing a comment under his post from his boyfriend. Kyuhyun knew that he was worried so he subtly told him that everything is alright. As if knowing what he was thinking, the maknae messaged him.

 

 

Best hubby: Hyung, I'm fine :)

Best hubby: You aren't scratching your hands rn, right? 😡

Ye: Are you a telepath?

Best hubby: I'm your boyfriend ;)

Best hubby: Anyway, stop worrying. We're fine! I'll visit an aquarium and take photos to show you later~

Ye: I miss you T T

Best hubby: Hyung… T T

Best hubby: Miss you too 😘

Best hubby: I'll be back before you even realize it!

Best hubby: We have to board the plane now. See you later, hyung!

Best hubby: Don't forget the hand cream!

Ye: I know. Take care, Kkuru 😘

Best hubby: 💙

 

 

Yesung still smiled even after Kyuhyun left the chat. It was beyond amazing how a few messages from his boyfriend was enough to erase his worry. He stopped scratching his hands and applied a hand cream per the maknae's words. His skin didn't feel dry anymore.

 

********************************

 

3. Headache

 

 

Yesung groaned while massaging his temples. It was very late in the night now but he couldn't sleep. He missed Kyuhyun. He was too embarrassed to admit it but he called the maknae every night if they were apart because he needed to hear that soothing, warm and velvety voice to have a good sleep. However, Kyuhyun was probably still in the middle of the flight now so he couldn't call the younger, hence the throbbing headache. He knew that he should sleep but his body wouldn't listen to him. Sighing in defeat, he took his phone and started listening to Kyuhyun's songs one by one. While listening to "At Gwanghwamun", his mind drifted back to the time when he still enlisted…the call with Kyuhyun...

 

 

"Hyung, I have a gift for you!"

"What is it? Do I have to ask Jongjin-ah to get it for me?"

"Nah, I already sent it in the chat. Check it out, hyung!"

"What? An audio file?"

"Yes. It's my upcoming solo single named At Gwanghwamun. Apart from the staff, Yesung hyung, you're the first person who gets to listen to it~"

"Oh… Congratulations! Kyu, you did it! But why did you tell me in advance? I can just wait for the official release."

"Thought you might miss me~ I mean, there's no way you won't miss your awesome boyfriend!"

"You're so full of yourself, but, thank you."

 

 

Yesung smiled thinking of the memory. He never said it but Kyuhyun's gift made him able to sleep peacefully after a harsh day. His boyfriend's voice effectively soothed his loneliness during that time. However, it did nothing much now. If he had to guess, it was probably because he got spoiled having the actual Kyuhyun calling him every night. So, a mere song couldn't help him sleep anymore. Sighing in frustration, Yesung continued to listen to the maknae's songs and restarted from the first song when the playlist completed a full loop. Sadly, even after the first ray of dawn peeked through a curtain into his room, he still couldn't fall asleep…

 

 

The headache stayed with him for the entire day.

 

************************************

 

4. Fatigue

 

 

Yesung let his body fall heavily on the bed. Exhausted. He wasn't able to get any sleep last night so he barely had energy left after dragging his body around all day. He wanted to call Kyuhyun so badly but he knew that the maknae and Hyukjae were probably having fun now. He didn't want to be a clingy boyfriend so he endured the longing in his chest. He tried to ignore it and got some rest but to no avail. He really couldn't sleep…

 

His phone rang.

 

His heart fluttered with hope thinking it was his boyfriend. However, what energy he had left was completely gone when he saw the caller's name. He answered the call.

 

"Donghae-ah, are you alright?"

"Yesung hyung, I miss Hyukjae…"

"Right, your birthday is about to arrive soon. Where are you now?"

"At home. I know it's work but I can't believe that he isn't with me on my birthday again, even though I never miss his birthday."

"Hyukjae-ah will definitely make it up for you. He doesn't want to admit it but he really cares about you, you know that, right?"

"I know… I just want to talk to someone… What about you? Yesung hyung, after Kyuhyun's discharge, this is the first time that you two are this far apart, isn't it?"

"Yes… We just have to wait a bit more and our boyfriend will come back."

"Hyung, you sound really tired. Can't sleep again? Want me to drop by?"

"No, I—"

 

 

Yesung stopped. Maybe that wasn't a bad idea after all. He didn't want to fight against this fatigue by himself.

 

 

"Donghae-ah, I'm sorry to bother you but can you come over here?"

"Your and Kyuhyun's apartment, right? No problem! I'll be there in a sec! Let's cuddle like the old time~"

"Thank you, Donghae-ah. We actually prepare your birthday gift so this is a perfect time. I'll order something light so let's celebrate your birthday together."

"Yeah!! I love you, Yesung hyung!"

"Don't let Hyukjae-ah and Kyuhyun hear that or else both of us will get in trouble."

 

 

Yesung smiled at his dongsaeng's bright laughter before hanging the call. He pushed himself up from the bed with difficulty. The fatigue was gone a bit thanks to Donghae's enthusiasm. At least he should be able to get some sleep tonight, having Donghae with him.

 

 

However, deep down he knew that he wouldn't be able to get a full rest unless Kyuhyun came back to him.

 

***********************************

 

5. Thirst

 

 

Because of Donghae, Yesung was able to forget loneliness for a while. They celebrated the younger's birthday together while watching an Instagram live from Dubai that ELF was broadcasting. He patted Donghae's head when the man watched Hyukjae performing D&E songs by himself with a saddened look. Then, he watched Kyuhyun singing with a longing gaze while Donghae hugged him. Then…

 

"Pfft! Hyung, how many won do you want to bet that this is Kyuhyun's idea?"

 

Donghae grinned at him.

 

"He really loves you~"

"Donghae-ah, stop…"

 

Yesung weakly scolded his dongsaeng. Right now, Kyuhyun and Hyukjae were performing You & I— a song that everyone knew was Kyuhyun's favorite. He couldn't stop blushing, watching his boyfriend singing and dancing to the song, especially at the heart choreography part that the two men did together. Donghae stopped teasing him and grinned widely too at the sight.

 

"Hyung, do you think they're singing it for us? Are they asking us out on a date?"

"I think so, though I'm not sure about the date part."

"Hmm! At least our boyfriends behave themselves while we aren't with them. Yesung hyung, I think you don't have anything to worry about! Kyuhyun really, really loves you. So, you should take some rest tonight. I'll be with you!"

"I know and, thank you, Donghae-ah."

 

Yesung patted his dongsaeng's head again. After that, they turned their attention back to the live and watched the fountain show in awe. Although they wanted to call their boyfriend when the concert ended, they decided to let both men rest. So, Yesung and Donghae retired to the guest bedroom and fell asleep, cuddling just like their old days at the Super Junior dorm.

.

.

.

.

Thanks to Donghae, Yesung was able to get some much-needed rest. When he woke up, his dongsaeng had already left. The ever-so-kind Donghae even made something for him to eat before leaving. He ate the meal while checking his phone. There was a message from Donghae that said the younger left in the late morning but didn't want to wake him up. He sent a reply to Donghae before checking his sns next. That was when he saw an update from ELF that Kyuhyun and Hyukjae had come back to Seoul. He quickly checked if he got any call or message from his boyfriend but the notification was empty. Despite that, Yesung wasn't sad because he knew that Kyuhyun probably wanted to surprise him. He couldn't help but laugh. Sometimes Kyuhyun could be surprisingly dumb (but still adorable). Did the maknae forget who he was? Cho Kyuhyun and anonymous couldn't exist in the same sentence! Nevertheless, Yesung didn't want to ruin his boyfriend's effort so he pretended to be dumb too. He went about his day as usual, though his gaze always dashed to the door if he ever heard any noise. He watched a movie to kill time but couldn't focus at all. He missed Kyuhyun so much…

 

"Yesung hyung, I'm b—"

 

As soon as the door opened and a familiar voice called him, Yesung was at the door in a blink of an eye. He threw himself at the maknae who yelped in surprise, almost dropping a shopping bag. Kyuhyun chuckled and held him in his free arm, and he felt refreshed instantly; like a lost person in a desert who finally found an oasis.

 

"I miss you too, hyung."

"Mm,"

 

Yesung hummed in response and tightened his arms around the maknae, but it still wasn't enough. He was thirsty for Kyuhyun's love and affection and he wanted more.

 

"Woah, careful, hyung, you're going to make both of us fall down!"

"You won't let it happen."

 

He murmured while hooking his legs around his boyfriend's waist. At the same time, he nuzzled against the crook of the maknae's neck and inhaled a calm scent that effectively eradicated his fatigue. His headache was also gone from Kyuhyun's kiss on his head. He held the maknae tighter while Kyuhyun put an arm under his bottom to support him.

 

"Kyu?"

"Yes hyung?"

"Do you remember what I told you? That you're a water drop to me?"

"Of course, why?"

 

Yesung leaned back slightly to look at his boyfriend's sincere eyes.

 

"It's the perfect analogy I ever came up with because I really can't live without you, Kyuhyun-ah."

"Hyung—"

 

Before Kyuhyun got to say anything, Yesung sealed the maknae's mouth shut with his lips. He heard a thud noise. Then, a second later, an extra hand came to support his nape and pushed until no gap was left between their lips. He drank Kyuhyun's kiss thirstily and the maknae happily let him. He thought that he was already full when he jerked back to breathe heavily. However, when he saw Kyuhyun's fond gaze staring at him, he suddenly felt thirsty again.

 

"Kyu, please tell me that you don't have any schedule after this."

"Our company likes to work our fingers to the bone but they aren't that heartless. Yes, hyung, the rest of the day is ours."

"Good," he nuzzled against Kyuhyun's neck, "let's cuddle and do nothing."

"Right away, hyung."

 

Kyuhyun actually left the souvenir at the door and carried him with both arms to their bedroom. Yesung didn't even wait for the maknae to change his clothes first. He impatiently tugged his boyfriend's arm until both of them fell on the soft mattress. His boyfriend chuckled softly and rolled off of him to lie down beside him. Kyuhyun pulled him by the waist and he eagerly snuggled into the maknae's chest. He put his head on his boyfriend's arm and smiled at a kiss on his forehead from the taller man. Kyuhyun ruffled his hair and sang a lullaby for him, instantly drawing a tired yawn from him.

 

"Sleep, hyung, you need to rest."

"Mm, you'll stay with me, right?"

"Always,"

 

Yesung beamed and glanced up to leave a peck on the maknae's jaw, earning a chuckle from his boyfriend and another kiss on his head. Yawning again, he closed his eyes while the maknae continued to sing a lullaby and patted his head. The warmth from Kyuhyun ceased his scattering thoughts and he was able to fall asleep in peace.

 

 

He no longer felt thirsty.