CHAPTER 1

The Kwons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"KIM JISOO!"

"On it sir!"

The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and the trees were peacefully swaying.

Today, in everybody's opinion, was such a beautiful day.

But not for Kim Jisoo it wasn't.

Whilst friends and family were out enjoying their mid summers day, Jisoo was getting yelled at and being fired by her boss, again.

A few moments ago...

Jisoo sighed heavily as she stared out of the pet shop's window in envy, today was a beautiful summer's day and everyone was enjoying it in every way that they can. She wished she could go out and enjoy it too.

All she wants is a bit of fun in her life, but everything is just so gloomy for her. She never has a stable job, she's a pickpocket, she takes advantage of her roommate's generosity and she has no friends or family. How sad is that?

Jisoo feels like a certified loser.

The girl stares at the spiders in their glass boxes in melancholy. 'You and me, we aren't that different'. She thinks to herself, before letting out a snort.

Opening the top, she takes a spider into her hands and starts playing with it, she giggles a little as she whispers "other people may not like you, but I sure do."

She looks over at the snakes also in their little cages, swiftly she takes one out and wrapped it around her neck "the same goes for you guys." She whispers playfully once again.

***

She may have accidentally let out a snake or two, along with a couple of massive spiders into the pet shop, scaring all the poor customers to death. Children and their parents were screaming in horror left and right, as they were all trying to get out of the shop, bumping into a scurrying Jisoo quite a few times in her attempt to collect the escaped creatures. Of course, once she was finished she couldn't escape the boring lecture she was receiving from her boss.

"-Are you even listening? I'm done giving you second chances. Just leave." Her boss sighed, very clearly aggravated.

Jisoo, already very used to this scenario, didn't even bother begging her boss not to fire her.

She sighed heavily as she packed her things and exited the store, seating herself down on the pavement by the door. She fished her phone out of her pocket, and called her only contact, quickly deciding whether coming up with an excuse is worth it or not.

"Hey Jisoo, what's up?" Nayeon's cheery voice immediately greeted.

"Can you come pick me up?" Jisoo asks in a sombre tone, feeling the opposite to how Nayeon is feeling.

"Again, Ji? Really? I'll be right there." She sighed before hanging up.

Today was a terrible day.

Jisoo watched as kids were playing at the park across the street and enjoying their ice creams, and couples were walking past with their arms linked with each other, and how everyone was singing about how it's such a beautiful day.

Yeah, today is a terrible day, and Jisoo can't help but think how much her life , again. She doesn't remember anything about her life, she lives with a teenage girl who's too nice for her own good, and she just can't seem to keep a job for more than two weeks.

'I'm just not winning at life', Jisoo thinks to herself.

A few moments later, Nayeon pulls up with her car, parking it nearby before joining Jisoo on the pavement.

"Hey..." She says carefully, not wanting to upset the girl next to her.

"Hey." Jisoo lets out whilst thinking about how she could make money fast, and escape to Hawaii.

"Jisoo, it's not the end of the world, okay? I hear that coffee shop down the street from our place is hiring." Nayeon put her arm around Jisoo's shoulders.

"I know it's not the end of the world but, I just ... I don't know. I just feel like trouble keeps following me wherever I go." She sighs, burying her head into her arms.

"That's not true-"

"Oh Nayeon, please. You know it's true. I can't do anything without causing trouble, it's like I have a special talent or something." Jisoo snaps her head up, rolling her eyes once she finished her sentence.

With that, they sat in silence for a few minutes, neither wanting to say anything that may upset the other.

"Come on, let's go home." Nayeon gives her a sympathetic smile.

Nayeon stands up and heads to the car, Jisoo gathers her things and joins her.

The pair head home

***

Nayeon is fast asleep, Jisoo is wide awake and c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter