CHAPTER 2

The Kwons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo and Jiyong were both sat in the backseat of his black Rolls Royce, with his driver taking them back home, as Jisoo wondered what her dad does for a living to be able to afford such an expensive car.

She couldn't help but take a proper look at him now that he doesn't seem angry anymore, he was wearing a navy Armani suit with a matching navy tie, and a white shirt underneath. His outfit fit him really well, a thought upon which made Jisoo feel awkward. His black hair was slicked back, she took notice of the little tattoos literring his neck, the rest of his tattoos were peeking through his perfectly white shirt.

'He doesn't really look like a businessman." Jisoo eyed him sceptically. 

Now that Jisoo is thinking about it, she can't help but notice how young he seems for a father, I mean she is a grown woman, isn't she? Before she could stop her curious self, the question had already left : "How old are you?"

Jiyong blinked his eyes at his daughter for a few moments, clearly taken by surprise, before chuckling awkwardly and rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"I'm 37 years old, pretty young huh?"

"If you're 37, then how old am I?" Jisoo inquired in confusion.

"You're 19, me and your mother had you pretty young. But you have an older brother, he's 20, your mother was only 16 when she had given birth to him. Can you believe that?" He rambled once again. 

'He really loves to talk', Jisoo noted.

"19 huh? And this entire time I thought I was an adult." Jisoo scoffed.

Jiyong chuckled, "Nope. Still a teenager, a very annoying one at that."

"How come?" Jisoo looked at him full of curiosity.

"You never listen to me, you've been my little rebel since you were born. Though I can't blame you, I was just like you when I was young, the only difference being that my dad never really tried to stop me. I drank, did drugs, got a bunch of tattoos, basically, I was a troublemaker. Things changed when I got your mother pregnant though, we were forced to marry each other, so I had to settle down and be a father. But I'm glad things turned out the way they did, I love having a family, I can't imagine how boring my life would be without you both." He explained whilst looking out the window, seeming like he had a lot on his mind.

Jisoo nodded absentmindedly, taking everything in.

So she took after her dad? Well that explains a lot.

What surprised her the most was the fact that she has a brother, she wonders what he's like. She secretly hopes everyone else in her family isn't as talkative as her dad is though, he talks too much. No wonder she didn't want to listen to him.

She wonders what her mother looks like, when she looks at her dad, she can see some resemblance, but not a lot. Maybe appearance wise she took after her mother, and her personality after her father? Maybe not his talkativeness though, she hates it when people talk too much. After a while she'll just stop listening, the only reason she's not doing that right now is because she wants to know as much as possible about herself. Otherwise she would have been ignoring him and his tendencies to go on and on.

Jiyong gazed at his daughter in fondness at how deep in thought she was, he couldn't stop the huge fatherly smile spreading across his face. Even though he's containing himself, he's overjoyed to have her back. The night that Jisoo disappeared broke him, him and Dara haven't been the same since. He sent every one of his men to go look for her once he had realized that she hadn't shown up to the engagement party. They were looking for her for days, but they couldn't find even the slightest trace of her. That was when Jiyong had demanded to get the best criminal investigators on the case, which wasn't difficult considering how powerful of a man he was. He has connections in every job sector, in every area of South Korea and in many different countries.

And yet, they still couldn't find her, it's like she was wiped off of the face of the earth.

And the worst part was that his rivals had found out about his daughter's disappearance.

Ever since Jiyong can remember, the YG mafia had always been rivals with the SM mafia. SM was always the enemy of YG, the two mafias could not stand each other. Back when mafias were more prominent, the two were at each others throats, from planning attacks on each other, messing up each other's trades to trying outdo the other's profits. They competed when it came to anything.

Nowadays, they are more tame, they don't fight all the time and instead avoid each other most of the time. The only time they interact is when the other has done something against the other mafia.

Like when Jisoo disappeared, and SM found out, they all set out on a hunt for her to see who could get a hold of her first. Since Jisoo would be with no protection they could use her to take down YG. Once Jiyong had found out that they were looking for his daughter, the two mafias had an ugly brawl, thankfully no men were lost on his end even though there were quite a few casualties. He can't say the same for SM though, however, it was their own fault, he wouldn't have planned the attack on them had they not tried to kidnap his daughter.

Fortunately, neither mafias managed to find her, SM presumed that she was dead and gave up on the search. Jiyong, however, could not bear that thought and instead convinced himself that she ran away because of her anger towards him.

And yet, here she is, sat right beside him with the two of them finally heading home.

In Jiyong's opinion, this calls for a celebration.

Though he still wondered, what happened to her that night? I mean something must have happened for her to lose all her memories right? And the worst part is she can't remember what happened to her.

But maybe, this is for the greater good, he has a hunch that she had run away because of what he did. In Jiyong's opinion, its best that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter