epilogue: fight

since then, 'til now

A/N: another flashback !!!! i wanted to have them fighting at some point but didnt have a proper plot for it until now so :) anyway does anyone else feel like crying when theyre so tired :))


 

“I’m mad at you.” Heeyoung said as she entered the dorm. She made her way to the living room where most of the members usually were, ignoring the way Kyuhyun instinctively tried to help her with the bags she was carrying the moment he opened the door. 

“What?” Kyuhyun asked, confused as he trailed after her like a lost child. “Me? You’re mad at me?”

“Ryeowook-ah!” She brightly greeted the other Super Junior member resting by the sofa, refusing to answer the question. “I’m dropping off this cake that I tried the other day. I think you’ll like it.”

“Cake?” Donghae asked, coming out of the rooms. “For Ryeowook only?”

Heeyoung quickly shook her head. “Of course not, oppa! I bought two for everyone to try.”

“Only two?” Yesung joined the conversation, placing an arm over Heeyoung’s shoulders. “You know that’s not enough.”

She laughed then gently moved his arm away, sending Yesung a grin. “I’m sorry, but that’s all that was left in the bakery. If you really like it, then I can buy more next time. It’s just a congratulations for finishing your promotions last week.”

“Thank you, Heeyoung-ah!” Leeteuk replied for the group when he also joined them in the living room. He patted her head as he passed by her, making her turn a bit red.

“It’s really nothing.” She mumbled before clearing . “Anyway, enjoy! I have to go now because of rehearsals.”

Heechul made a sound of disapproval from his spot in front of the television. “You keep working hard, you’re gonna end up more popular than me. That’s not allowed.”

A knowing smile grew on Heeyoung’s face as she approached her brother with a hug from the back, which he, as always, desperately tried to escape but, also as always, failed. “Oppa, I know you always say things like this, but deep inside you love me very very much and you're so very very proud of me.” She ended with a loud kiss to his cheek. “I would also rant about how I'm so proud of you and I love you too, but I really have to go now. Bye!”

The members who, after a while, got used to Heeyoung’s rushed schedules, quickly shouted their own goodbyes as she walked away. Kyuhyun was the only one who actually followed her until they reached the elevator.

“Why are you mad at me?” He asked, almost whining.

Heeyoung shot him a glance before huffing and turning back to the closed elevator door. “I don’t really want to talk about it, but I just wanted to give you a heads up that I am mad so you aren’t surprised if I don’t answer your texts or calls.”

“But can you try to tell me why you’re mad now so I can fix it?”

She looked at him again and paused for a second, as if hesitating. “Stop pouting, I’m not going to tell you. This is more of a problem for me, anyway. I don’t think you can do anything to fix it because you did nothing wrong. Just let me work on it myself, I’ll get over it.”

The elevator finally arrived and Kyuhyun tried walking in with Heeyoung, but she stopped him with a tired look. “Please don’t.” She sighed as she held the button down to keep the doors open. “It’s going to be fine.”

Kyuhyun started to feel frustrated. “Why can’t you just tell me? You said I didn’t do anything wrong, but you’re mad at me? Do you think that makes sense, Heeyoung-ah?!”

“I think…” she paused, thinking of the words to say, “I may have made the wrong choice in telling you I was mad. Because now you’re confused and I wouldn’t blame you if you got angry too. But I’m really not in the mood to talk about it right now, and I have to go. I’m sorry.”

Heeyoung pressed the button to close the doors and Kyuhyun could only stare in annoyance at the elevator numbers as it went down. He debated for a second if he should chase after her but he remembered how she said he didn’t do anything wrong, so the frustration bubbled up again. He went back to the dorms and headed straight for the room that he and Sungmin (who was visiting his parents that day) shared, almost slamming the door behind him as he fell on his bed.

He had a moment of peace and quiet before the door opened. Kyuhyun would have shouted at them to get out and leave him alone, but the second oldest member was leaning on the doorway. Sure, they were much closer and comfortable with each other now compared to back then, but Kim Heechul can still be downright terrifying when you get him mad.

“I really shouldn’t care.” Heechul sighed, his lips pursed. “I really shouldn’t. But you walked in here all grumpy after seeing my younger sister off, so I have to ask. What happened?”

Kyuhyun groaned as he let his head fall back on his pillow. “Hyung, why is your sister so annoying?”

“Thank you.” Heechul bowed, finally entering the room and closing the door behind him. “I’ve been trying to get people to understand that for years, but she’s good at acting nice.”

“A re you sure she doesn’t get that from you?” Kyuhyun couldn’t help but ask.

Heechul shrugged. “She always did say I was somewhat of a role model for her when she was younger. She’d always follow me around everywhere or omma would force me to bring her with me to the arcades and stuff.” He sat down at the edge of Kyuhyun’s bed. “So, what is it that Heeyoung-ie did that got you so annoyed?”

“She said she was mad at me. Didn't want to tell me why. Then told me I did nothing wrong, but that she’s still mad at me.” Kyuhyun shot the older member a look. “Does that make sense to you?”

“Hmm, maybe you should just give her time. She said a while back she’s trying to be better at talking to people, and that includes telling them if they’ve offended her or something to be more assertive. Makes me feel a bit proud, but if you tell her that I will kill you.” Heechul tilted his head. “This seems like it’s going to ruin your plans for the weekend.”

“What plans?” Kyuhyun’s eyebrows scrunched up.

Heechul shot him a weird look. “Are you not the one she was going to watch a movie with?”

“Oh, that.” Kyuhyun nodded. “Yeah, but I had to cancel. One of the vocal trainers asked me if I could come in at that time to work on something that he noticed during our promotions. He was saying something about points for improvement?”

“Ah, I found your problem.” Heechul smiled sadly at the younger one. “Heeyoung’s most likely disappointed that you canceled the plans.”

“She said okay! Even said she’ll use the time to keep practicing for the play.” Kyuhyun disagreed.

“I was on the phone with her the other day. Omma was worried Heeyoung-ie kept on working nonstop and asked me to check on her. Brother duties.” Heechul muttered with a wave of his hand. “Anyway, I asked her when she was going to get a break because she even sounded tired on the phone. She very excitedly told me she was going to watch a movie with you this coming weekend and that you’ve both been planning it since news about the movie came out.”

“Yeah, because the trailer looked good.” Kyuhyun added with a mumble.

“So, you just canceled her one and only break for the past couple of weeks.” Heechul summarized. “You canceled a plan that has been months in the works. Something she had been looking forward to so much.”

Kyuhyun rubbed his eyes, starting to feel a bit bad. “I didn’t know.”

“I know that. And, obviously, Heeyoung-ie knows that.” Heechul grabbed one of the pillows on the bed and began to fluff it up. “That’s why she said you didn’t do anything wrong.”

Kyuhyun sighed again. “She said she’ll deal with it, but I feel like I have to do something.”

“Okay, that’s up to you now. I’m not helping with that.” Heechul started to stand. “The moment I do, she might think I helped you and I don’t know if that would help your case or not.”

“Thank you, hyung.” Kyuhyun said. “You two really know each other so well.”

“She’s my sister. She told me I’m her favorite in the family, so I feel like I have no choice but to take care of her now.” Heechul replied. “Speaking of which…”

A pillow roughly hit Kyuhyun’s face, who shot up from the bed. Kyuhyun looked at Heechul in betrayal.

“The trainer said to come in if you can, which you could not because you had plans with my sister. You could have gone training the next day. Don’t do that to her again, you understand?”

“Yes.” Kyuhyun nodded at the older one’s glare. 

“Good.” And with a satisfied nod, Heechul left Kyuhyun alone in his room.

 


 

“Kyuhyun-ah, I know I said don’t be surprised if I don’t answer your calls. But that wasn’t an indication for you to call 14 times until I answered.”

“This is actually my 15th time, thank you very much. Are you at home?”

“Yes, I got back a few minutes ago when you started flooding my phone. I should be sleeping now, it’s really late. If this is about what I said a while ago, then—”

“Is it because I canceled the plans for the weekend? The movie?”

“...”

“Mm, so it is... I’m sorry.”

Hey, no, it’s fine. You didn’t do anything wrong. We’re both working on our own careers, it’s pretty normal and understandable for friends to cancel plans.

“Yes, but you’re obviously not okay with it. I thought you were.”

I know. I should’ve just told you. I’m sorry.

“It’s fine. Just… Next time something like this happens, just please tell me if something is wrong. If you need time to deal with it, then okay, but at least let me know what I did wrong, so I can also work things out on my end.”

I’m sorry.

“Nope, that’s unfair. We already apologized once each. You can’t apologize more.”

...Sorry.”

“Stop! So annoying— Do not apologize again!”

Alright, alright, I’ll stop.”

“My schedule’s free next week on Friday. If you’re also free, we can actually go watch the movie then.”

Okay.”

“And Heechul hyung said you keep working so much that your omma is worried. Why not rest this weekend if our plan is canceled?”

I told you, I’m going to attend rehearsals instead and I already told them I’d be there.

“You need to rest.”

I will.

“Okay, let me rephrase. You need to rest sometime within this week for at least 5 hours, not counting at least 7 hours that you slept. You just need time to recharge. When are you going to do that?”

“...”

“Do you have time to do that on Sunday? Just rest. Watch some TV? Read a book? Get a massage? Will you please rest on Sunday?”

Mm, okay.

“Wait… Are you crying?”

“...”

“You are. You must have been so tired... Heeyoung-ah, you worked so hard and you did so well.”

“...”

“Okay, I can’t go to your house right now because I have a schedule tomorrow morning, so please stop crying. Please?”

I’m not.

“Crying? You kinda still are. That’s fine. Just go drink some water and go to sleep, okay?”

Okay.

“Do you want to talk more or do you want to quietly rest now?”

I’ll rest now.

“You’ll hang up now and get water, right?”

Yes.

“Good. Are you feeling better now?”

Yeah.

“I’ll call you again soon. Just get some rest. Goodnight.”

Goodnight. Thank you, Kyuhyun-ah.”

 


A/N: i have one epilogue chapter and two shorter sns style ones left to have complete 20 chapter flat for this story :)) all of them almost done :)) this should be finished before january ends :')