chapter 9.2: broadcasting - SuperTV

since then, 'til now

A/N: part 2 of chapter 9 !! i miss supertv;; this is shorter but i might have something for epilogues or deleted scene ahaha

 


As a punishment for losing in the last episode, the Super Junior members were tasked with packing up hundreds of their upcoming albums that will be sold to the fans. All ten of them stared up at the piles of albums that they had to sort.

“Let’s just not release an album.” Kyuhyun said as he sorted the photocards before slipping it into the pocket of the album. It had only been 20 minutes but they feel like the pile hasn’t even lessened.

Shindong looked at their finished pile, which was too small to give any comfort. “Do you think the fans would understand if we didn’t sign it anymore like we promised?”

“They should.” Ryeowook sniffed, slipped another album in a plastic cover. “There’s too many for us to finish ourselves...”

Sungmin carefully counted the posters. “Can we call people? Ask for help?”

Leeteuk turned to the staff, ready to negotiate. “Can we? This is impossible and we aren’t going to be able to finish this anytime soon and sign it. It’s also going to be good for you to go home, right? Please let us call for backup.”

With the go ahead of the main director (strictly one invite per member only, noncelebrity is allowed), the makeshift factory line they had formed took a break, each of them bringing out their phones.

“Gunhee-yah!” Heechul shouted at his phone. “Are you doing anything? No? Go to the address I sent you, we need your help.”

“Please go here!” Eunhyuk pleaded with his phone pressed to his ear. Donghae sat beside him, scrolling through his own contacts. “Noona, I know you don’t have anything planned today anyway. Can you just help us out, please??”

Yesung laughed when Leeteuk lightly hit the back of Shindong’s head as the dancer showed them that he was calling the leader’s sister. “Why do you keep calling my noona whenever we do this? I told you she’s busy with work!”

Almost an hour later, they were back to their stations, busying themselves again after each of them got one other person to help out. The finished pile was slowly growing but it still didn’t look like they would be finishing anytime soon.

“Minho-yah!” They all shouted happily when the SHINee member entered the room looking lost. 

Siwon stood up to personally greet the friend he called over. “Thanks for coming. Please help sort the posters.” He instructed, getting straight to the point.

“What is happening?” Minho asked in confused wonder, staring at the hundreds of albums they had to fix. But he was later dragged into an interview with Leeteuk as they worked on the posters together. The sound of them talking about random things, from SHINee’s latest comeback to how it was like to live with them back then, was mostly what filled up the room as most of the members worked quietly.

The sound of a knock on the door a few minutes later got their attention again and Heechul, the closest to it, got up to open it. “It really feels like I’m back in my days of working in the factory. Did Gunhee get here already?”

“What are you doing he—” Heechul shouted as he opened the door before stopping himself and glaring at one of the members in the room. “Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! Did you call my dongsaeng?”

“Is he not allowed to?” Heeyoung asked as she stepped into the room, receiving warm greetings from the other members. “No one else is complaining that I’m here.”

Heechul shook his head. “No, go home. I don’t like seeing you.”

“Ha! It’s so funny that you think I wanted to see your face too.”

Yah!” Leeteuk stopped them. “She’s Kyuhyun’s guest and we need more help. Why do you two always fight?”

The siblings exchanged looks. “Fight?”

“They’re fine, hyung.” Kyuhyun joined in the conversation from his place, holding their pictures in his hands. “They’re always like that. Heeyoung-ah, help me sort the photocards.”

The woman stuck her tongue out at her brother before greeting Minho excitedly and moving to look at the photocards. “Oh my god, Eunhyuk oppa! You look so great in this photo!”

“Heeyoung-ah,” Donghae called after Eunhyuk winked at her. “Is Hyukjae the only member you like in Super Junior?”

“No, of course not.” she answered plainly, carefully handling each photo. “I like Yesung oppa too.”

“Am I not your best friend?” Kyuhyun asked monotonically from his place in front of her, glaring at Yesung.

“Forget that,” Heechul threw a crumpled piece of scrap paper at his sister. “Am I not your brother?!”

“Heeyoung-ah!” Leeteuk interrupted, saving themselves from another round of the siblings bickering. “How is it being back in Korea?” The other members fondly mumbled to themselves about how his interviewing had started again and began congratulating Minho for finally escaping the endless questions he had to answer.

“I’m really enjoying it.” Heeyoung replied honestly. “It was fun working in another country but I always got homesick. It’s a really different experience even if I went there to do pretty much the same work I was doing here.”

“Congratulations again for the award, Heeyoung-ah!” Yesung cheered from his place, the other members echoing his words.

Heeyoung smiled shyly at the praises. “Thank you, everyone.”

“You and Kyuhyun met when you were both trainees, right?” Leeteuk continued on with his interview, much to the delight of the staff members who were eager to get more content. “You knew Kyuhyun-ie before any of us did.”

“Yup.” She answered. “You already debuted when we were trainees. Kyuhyun-ie started being a trainee a week before I got in and then he joined you around three months later.”

“She dropped out of being a trainee to focus on college.” Kyuhyun continued absentmindedly. “By that time, I still didn’t know her brother was Heechul hyung. I only found out when she brought food to the dorms.”

Ryeowook laughed. “I remember that! We were in the kitchen and Heechul hyung suddenly became an overprotective brother.”

“Then Heeyoung-ie just shoved him aside.” Donghae chuckled, too focused on checking the album that he didn’t notice Heechul’s glare. “I remember that too. Everyone used to be so careful around hyung but his younger sister would just do what she wanted and didn’t listen to him.”

“I told you,” Heeyoung said, casting a glance at Donghae. “It runs in the family. We’re all scary people.”

Shindong hummed. “You? You’re not that scary, Heeyoung-ah. Heechul hyung has changed a lot, though. He really became more of a human being nowadays.”

YAH!” Both of them shouted, sounding incredibly offended.

“What do you mean I’m not scary?” Heeyoung pouted while doing her work. “I can be scary.”

Heechul grabbed another crumpled piece of paper to throw at Shindong. “I told you to stop saying that! People always believe things when it's you guys who say it.” He looked back at the pictures he was arranging. “And if you think Heeyoung-ie isn’t scary, you just didn’t know her well enough.”

“And Heechul oppa wasn’t that bad back then! Of course, he wouldn’t want you to touch his things. Those are his!”

Siwon leaned towards Eunhyuk to whisper. “Are they defending each other now?” The other just shook his head at his friend, also too confused to reply.

“Kyuhyun-ah, you know Heeyoung-ie well right?” Sungmin called out, making the maknae pause in his work. “Do you think Heeyoung-ie is scary or not?”

Kyuhyun looked at the woman in question who met his eyes for a second before going back to the photocards. “Well... She’s not gonna kill us, but if she needed to, she can and she won’t regret it.”

Everyone burst out laughing and agreeing with his statement, including Heeyoung herself. The two friends high-fived each other as everyone else got distracted by Shindong’s friend entering.

Later on, the members and the guests they invited fell into a focused quiet. Everyone was just absorbed in the work they were doing. The director was a bit worried about how they weren’t chatting as much. Would the earlier reactions to the piles of albums and the introductions of friends be enough for an episode as planned? He voiced his worry out to the writer beside him, but she shook her head and told him to wait.

“Look at those two.” She whispered to him, nodding to the direction of the two people assigned to the photocards. Kyuhyun and Heeyoung had fallen into a smooth routine, their hands barely stopping as they worked in harmony. Despite how detailed they had become in their work, the two friends were still conversing nonstop, a fact confirmed by the audio director. “Didn’t you see the reactions a while back when Heeyoung-ssi appeared on New Journey to the West? The clip of them meeting up at the airport became so popular. Everyone was asking for them to be in a show together because their chemistry was so great.”

“What are they even talking about?” The main director asked the audio director who they’ve called to move closer because he was the only one who could clearly hear their conversation. The other members would sometimes chat with each other as no one was comfortable with a variety show being filled silently, but the two were talking as if they were in a cafe trying to not disturb the customers.

“I feel like I’m listening to one of those sweet, flirting moments in dramas.” The audio director shook his head fondly. “Once in a while they argue about something. I think one was whether or not someone should put milk before the cereal? It was so funny because they both put cereal first, but Heeyoung-ssi mentioned some people do it the other way and then they started arguing. But all their discussions ended with them laughing and talking about some old memory.”

“Are we sure they're not dating?” They watched the two for a second. “We should probably confirm with Kyuhyun later. (And the director did ask the ballad singer about it, to which the younger man just sent them a weird look, laughed, and claimed that they were just friends — a claim the director quite honestly found hard to believe.)

The main writer turned to the two directors. “How about we wait for them to pause in their conversation or wait five more minutes before we ask them to play a game? We have the karaoke machine, right? If they get a 100, we provide more help from the staff?”

“Okay,” the director decided, seeing the pile left untouched amounting to less than half of what it originally was. “Let’s do that then.”

 


 

@kyukyuuu: HELLO KYUYOUNG SHIPPERS ARE WE ALIVE????? part 2

@chokyustyle: NO !!!!!! DID YOU SEE THEM TALKING LIKE AN OLD MARRIED COUPLE

> @growingpains: ARE YOU KIDDING ME DID YOU SEE KYUHYUN BRUSH HER HAIR BEHIND HER EAR WHEN HER HANDS WERE FULL IM LITERALLY DEAD

 

@misssongs: i didnt know kim heeyoung, aka my one true love, was dating a kpop idol

 > @bluesapphire: theyre not dating

> @misssongs: they’re not?? maam dont lie to me???

> @misssongs: oh my god i just watched it again and theyre just best friends???? listen; that look she has is the same look she had when she was supposed to be acting in love !!!

 

@ryeo99: im laughing so hard at the siblings in this episode ahssvhjdefhndsd jongjin & yesung were mildly teasing each other (yesung was so sweet to jongjin tho), hyukjae & sora kept nagging each other (sora was winning), heechul & heekyung were just so chaotic and kept fighting (but they say theyre not fighting)

 

@dbshje: i’m not a super junior fan but i watched the super tv episode with kim heeyoung and it was so fun i'm going to watch the other seasons as well (also kyuhyun is so cute here!! he’s always so silly in njttw)

 

@timewkyu: if they arent dating then i will just accept it i love their friendship. If they are dating, i better not see any of you talking about them because they are so PURE and IN LOVE and IM CRYING

> @zhoukyuming: OOMF OMG I WILL HELP YOU FIGHT THOSE PEOPLE JDVBSFNDVHVB kyuyoung making me believe in love again

 

@elfderly: i wish they could release the entire footage of them just chatting, its so healing?????

> @summerlies: right??? They have that kind of friendship everyone would be jealous of

 

@womanking: not enough people are talking about how kyuhyun stepped in to sing before heeyoung did so she wouldnt be as nervous and when he was singing, heeyoung was fangirling in the background + she was the first to say he did so well after

> @livewook: idc if theyre dating or not i just need this kind of support in my life !!!