epilogue: cut scene - broadcasting - Super TV

since then, 'til now

A/N: flashback to chapter 9.2 !


 

Kyuhyun was just automatically moving his hands to do the job at this point. There’s no reason for him to look at these photocards anymore since it’s the same faces he has been working with for over a decade. The person who he called to help him was now walking around the room after complaining that she’d been sitting at one spot for too long.

He looked up from his work to see Heeyoung had made her way to the station that Yesung and Jongjin were assigned to. Their conversation was happening too far from him to hear, but Heeyoung was grinning brightly as Yesung talked with her.

“Are you still in denial?” A voice interrupted his short quiet time. He turned to see Sungmin leaning on the table, careful to not mess up the way Kyuhyun had the photocards arranged.

“In denial of what?” Kyuhyun asked back, rolling his eyes as he went back to work.

A frustrated groan joined them and Heeyoung’s chair was pulled back for Ryeowook to occupy. “So, you are still in denial.”

"Of what?!" Kyuhyun looked at both members with an irritated stare. “Don’t you two have work to do?”

Ryeowook gestured to the staff. “They said we can have a break.”

Sungmin patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder with a shake of his head. “It’s understandable, Kyuhyun-ah. You wouldn’t have known it was a break time because you’re too focused on Heeyoung-ie.”

“She’s my guest.” Kyuhyun shrugged.

The other two members exchanged glances. “Right. Sure.”

Ryeowook dramatically sighed as he leaned back on the chair. “If you’re really not interested in her in a romantic, you’re-in-love-with-her way, then I should encourage Yesung hyung to ask her out.”

Kyuhyun blinked at the photocard he was holding before looking at the other maknae. “What?”

“Didn’t you notice?” Ryeowook asked with wide eyes. “Yesung hyung really looks after Heeyoung-ie a lot. I think he cares for her more than just a friend.”

Kyuhyun silently looked back at the photocard and the picture of Yesung was smiling back at him. “Oh. I didn’t notice.”

Sungmin hummed thoughtfully. “I think if he asked Heeyoung out, she wouldn’t be against it. He’s her second favorite member, right?”

Ryeowook rolled his eyes. “How do we all know Heeyoung’s ranking of us members? I still can’t believe I’m only fifth place.”

“I’m 7th place.” Sungmin shrugged. “At least I beat Heechul hyung.”

“Heeyoung will never give a ranking above 10 for Heechul hyung.” Ryeowook waved off the comment. “What’s your ranking again, Kyuhyun-ah?”

“Hmm?” Kyuhyun asked, sounding distracted. Ryeowook bit back a smile at his response. “Ranking? I’m fourth, I think.”

“Lower than Yesung hyung then.” Sungmin observed. “You know, I really think they would look good together.”

Kyuhyun placed the photocards down on the table. “I’m gonna go walk around the room.” He claimed as he stood up. “My legs are starting to get numb from just sitting the entire time.”

Sungmin quickly took the seat Kyuhyun had just left and leaned to whisper to Ryeowook. “Yah, you were lying, weren’t you?”

“About Yesung hyung liking Heeyoung-ie?” Ryeowook smirked as his eyes skimmed over the photocards. “Obviously. Thanks for playing along.”

Sungmin laughed and they both looked at Kyuhyun, who had somehow made his way to stand beside Heeyoung. He already started teasing Yesung and fulfilling his role as one of the group’s Jerries. Heeyoung was obviously trying not to laugh and kept attempting to defend Yesung from her best friend’s jokes.

“Do you think they’re ever going to figure it out?” Sungmin asked. “It’s been years…”

Ryeowook nodded surely. “Yeah, but if we did what we just did to Kyuhyun last year, he wouldn’t have reacted at all. This is progress! Let’s have hope.”

 


A/N: I want Sungmin back so bad

i also have three more epilogues ahahsfbsdf most of them just didnt make it to the final cut of the main chapters and i feel like its a waste to not finish them anyway so !!