One

Dating Professor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Haeri, Mom and dad think it’s time to tell you that you’re actually engaged to a son of my childhood friend. I recently met him this morning and we talked about the promise.” My father suddenly told something I’ve never heard before.

I dropped the chopsticks from my hand in shock as we’re having dinner together.

“What are you talking about, Dad? Engaged?” I asked for a confirmation as this doesn’t sound like it should be.

My father gave a huge smile. “Yes, I’ve had word-engaged with you and his son since before we got married. We had promised that we will marry our children. He has moved to LA after got married. He built a company and it is so successful. We’ve not contacted since then. But today we ran into each other and exchanged contact. We will arrange you both to meet soon. His son is 6 years older than you. He is helping his father’s business. We’ll make you both meet as soon as possible.” My father happily told.

Yet he doesn’t notice me who is being so shocked and speechless with such old generation’s arranged marriage.

“Dad, you engaged us since before we were born? This is so funny. This isn’t right.” I exposed my protest.

My father lost his smile after saw my reaction. He hit the dining table strongly.

*PANG*

“I’m the head of this family. Everyone must listen. You’re my daughter so you have to follow me. I find you a rich husband. You should be grateful.” He shouted angrily, stood up then left to upstairs.

I cried with upset. My father is always telling me to do this and that as he wants but this time order is just too much. I feel so sad. And my mother never helps me to talk with my father. She always helps to make me accept and follow all my father wants. Like this issue, she just told me to be quiet and follows him.

 

I’m a lonely, single child in this family. I’ve been living in pressure because of my parents. I always follow them without protesting but not this one, this is my future, I really wish somebody could stay at my side and help me to speak up.


That night I cried all night long. My father said he will make me meet his friend’s son soon and I really pray I would disappear before that day comes. I can’t accept all of this. I don’t think I ever will.

 

-----///-----

 

A vocation after finished Year 3 in university has finished. I have been spending it with depression of knowing I’ve been engaged to a stranger since before I was born.

Today, I’ve finally in entered the last year at university. I thought I would get rid of my father’s control a little after I graduate but now he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter