Chapter II

Queen Of Hollywood

“Sooyoung!! Where the hell are you??” Yuri’s loud voice echoed throughout the phone. Sooyoung who was clearly still in bed was so shocked to see the time was already 10.45AM. “I’m sorryyy. Something wrong with my scooter, I had to take it to the mechanic! I’m already on my wayyyy.” Sooyoung lied.

“You should have told me Sooyoung! Everyone is already here.” Yuri informed. “Yes yes give me 10minutes!” Sooyoung ended the call. She immediately woke up from her bed and quickly went to the toilet. She could only manage to wash her face and brush her teeth. It was the most important meeting ever that day. All staff from the each teams was required to come early.

Sooyoung had been working so late last night that she reached home around 4AM. She had been working her off the last 4 months just for the Asia Tour which would begin in two weeks time. It would be the final meeting that day before Jessica went back to the states to be with her family before the tour starts.

Sooyoung quickly left her house and rode her scooter. She reached the office exactly 11 minutes later. “I’m sorry I’m lateeee!!!” Sooyoung exclaimed loudly the moment she entered the building. She was shocked to see that everyone had their eyes on her including her boss, the most famous singer in Korea, the most beautiful woman in the room, the woman of her dreams, Jessica Jung. The woman was smiling from a far and Sooyoung could see it clearly.

“I’m so sorry.” Sooyoung bowed down repeatedly and then she quickly made her way to the meeting table. But then all of a sudden she tripped over a wire and fell down on the floor. “Sooyoung!” Tiffany from the choreography department was the one who helped her up. Jessica on the other hand, just took a glance at them before she flipped some papers in front of her.

“Hmm thanks.” Sooyoung said awkwardly. That was the first time ever she had spoken to her. She then quickly walked towards the meeting table. There were so many people involved with the final meeting. People from choreography, staging crew, the sound system engineers, photographers, tour promoters and marketing and then there’s the creative production team which was Sooyoung’s team.

Yuri being Jessica’s manager was the one who lead the meeting. “Thank you for finally showing up Choi Sooyoung. Seriously, it’s time for you to ditch that old hideous Scooter.” Yuri said. Some of the people there just laughed over the remarks. They knew how much Sooyoung adore her scooter.

Sooyoung just kept quiet. Jessica just smiled to herself before she turned to look at Sooyoung. “Alright, thank you for coming everyone. Today will be the last meeting before the tour starts in two weeks.” Yuri started to speak.

“Are you wearing the same shirt??” Suddenly the person next to Sooyoung whispered to her. Sooyoung turned and saw it was Hyoyeon, Jessica’s head stylist. “Oh !” Sooyoung mouthed to herself. She was rushing out this morning that she had forgotten to change her shirt.

“No I wasn’t. It’s a different shirt.” Sooyoung mumbled.

“Soo, we were eating that tomato sauce pasta together. It’s the same stain from last night.” Hyoyeon smiled as she pointed to Sooyoung’s shirt. Sooyoung had forgotten that she had a late night dinner last night with Hyoyeon and a few people from marketing.

“This is a different stain.” Sooyoung quickly covered the stain with her hand.

“Choi Sooyoung!!” Yuri exclaimed in front. “It’s bad enough that you came late..” Yuri was furious. Out of all people, she was the one who was stressing out the most. She wanted the tour to be perfect.

Sooyoung quickly turned her head to the front. “Yuri, calm down.” Jessica held on Yuri’s arm. “You know how important this meeting is..” Yuri reasoned out to the singer. “I know. That’s why you need to calm down.” Jessica replied.

And then she turned to look at Sooyoung. “Sooyoung, my office now.” Jessica stood up from her chair and before she left the meeting room she turned to look at everyone involved with the tour. “Just carry out with the meeting.” She smiled and then she left the room.

“Oh .” Sooyoung mumbled to herself. That was the first time they would ever talk to each other in private ever since the night they were in the car together a few months ago. “Good luck.” Hyoyeon smiled towards her.

Sooyoung took her bag pack and then left the meeting room. Yuri was looking at her rather intensely before she carried out with the meeting.

Sooyoung carried her heavy feet towards her boss’ big office room. She knocked on the door before she entered the room. “Ms Jessica, I’m sorry.” Sooyoung quickly apologized.

“For what?” Jessica asked back weirdly.

“For coming late and for being lousy just now..” Sooyoung replied .She was really in a mess.  The past 3 months had been so hectic for her. She had been arranging the tour schedules, visiting every venue throughout south East Asia, meetings with representatives from each countries and many other endless things that she had to do. Although a lot of her friends said that she had the dream job, actually it was nothing like that.

“Sooyoung, sit.” Jessica said softly to her. “I’m sorry again.” Sooyoung sat down on the sofa in front of the woman. “I know how hard you have been working these past few months.” Jessica mumbled. She could see how exhausted Sooyoung was, with heavy eye bags under her eyes, and somehow she could see the girl was getting a bit thinner from the last time she saw her 3 months ago. They had not seen each other for that 3 months since Jessica was still busy with her other schedules.

“I’m sorry.” Sooyoung apologized again since she didn’t know what else to say.

“Why are you apologizing? I’m the one who should be apologizing.” Jessica looked at her.

“Everyone works so hard Ms Jessica.”

“Just call me Jessica.”

Sooyoung just sat there innocently as she really didn’t know what to say or do. “Hmm everyone works so hard Jessica.” She said awkwardly.

“Do you need a few days off? Or maybe a week off?” Jessica asked softly. She didn’t know why, ever since the night they were in the car together, she had this soft spot for her. There's something about her that was so hard for Jessica to explain. 

“I can’t afford to be off from work. There’s still much to do.” Sooyoung politely refused.

“I’m giving you a week off. You look like you need it.” Jessica made up her mind.

“But Ms Jessicaa… I mean Jessicaa.” Sooyoung was surprised.

“You need rest. And maybe go out on a date with that girl of yours from choreography.” Jessica said.

“Huh? Who?” Sooyoung asked back weirdly.

“What was her name? Tiffany?” Jessica replied.

“The girl just now?” Sooyoung asked.

“I heard you guys are dating.” Jessica smiled just to show her support.

“Heh? Since when??” Sooyoung asked in surprise.

“Huh?” Jessica looked at her weirdly.

“Where did you hear that? I’ve never even talked to her!” Sooyoung chuckled. “Seriously, I don’t talk much here.” Sooyoung added again with a smile.

“I thought you guys are dating.” Jessica responded.

“No we’re not! Seriously, who would want to date me?? I’m like wearing the same shirt two days in a row, I didn’t even shower to work.. Trust me, no one would want me.” Sooyoung kept on talking.

Jessica couldn’t help but to smile. “God, you didn’t shower?” Jessica looked at the messy girl with a smile carved on her face. The smile that basically made Sooyoung went crazy inside.

“I came home from work almost 5AM and I overslept..” Sooyoung explained. She didn’t want to lie to the woman.

“I’m sorry for not showering.” Sooyoung quickly apologized. “Is it okay if I go home and shower and then come back again?” Sooyoung requested for the woman’s permission. She wanted to freshen herself up.

“Let’s go.” Jessica stood up from her chair. “Huh? Go where?” Sooyoung asked weirdly.

“We’ll go eat and then I’ll send you back home.” Jessica smiled.

“Hmm no Jessica, it’s okay. You don’t have to. I know you need to be here for the meeting.” Sooyoung quickly refused.

“Well, we both need to be here for the meeting. But I don’t feel like staying.” Jessica replied.

“Are you sure?” Sooyoung asked again.

“Yes. I miss hanging out with you.” Jessica let out her warmest smile ever. Sooyoung didn’t expect the singer to say that. She thought Jessica had forgotten everything about the night that they spent talking together in the car.

“Let me just text Yuri first.” Jessica said before she took her phone.

To: Yuri
Message: Yul, I’m going out with Sooyoung. Be back in a sec.

“Alright, let’s go.” Jessica said happily. Both Sooyoung and Jessica left the building together. The moment they went inside the car, Jessica got an incoming text. She then checked her phone and saw her manager texted her back.

From: Yuri
Message: Babe, why are you going out with her? What would Tiffany say??