Chapter I

Queen Of Hollywood

“Oh Yul.. I am so helplessly in love..” Sooyoung sighed next to her colleague. They were in a recording studio looking at the most famous singer in South Korea, Jessica Jung performing on stage. “Get a hold of yourself Choi Sooyoung.” Yuri replied.

“Urghh I hate my job.” Sooyoung sighed deeply. Sooyoung has been working with the singer for almost 4 years now. She works as a creative coordinator in Jessica’s personal creative production team. She is in charge with various promotional aspects of the singer and also the team. She’s also in charge with Jessica’s schedules and resources. Yuri on the other hand, was the head management of the team and also Jessica’s personal manager.

“Look at her Yul! I really don’t understand how you could be near her all the time.” Sooyoung muttered. She was admiring the beauty of the woman. “I know right. I’m like the luckiest.” Yuri smiled proudly. Although Sooyoung worked with her, she didn’t really get to see her all the time. Only when there was an event or when Jessica walked in the office which she rarely did. She was always busy with other shows and events.

This was the first time in two months Sooyoung actually got to see her again. “She’s not dating anyone right?” Sooyoung asked eagerly waiting for an answer after that. “Hmm not I can think of. Well, she has like flings and stuff like that, but nothing more.” Yuri revealed.

“Why? Don’t tell me that you’re going to ask her out or anything?” Yuri turned to look at Sooyoung. “Of course not. I was just asking.” Sooyoung quickly countered. “I’m a nobody Yul. She’s way ahead of me.” Sooyoung smiled.

“No you’re not.” Yuri replied. “Do you know that Tiffany from choreography has this huge major crush on you?” Yuri elbowed Sooyoung playfully. Sooyoung had never spoken to Tiffany before.

“Urgh, I don’t want Tiffany from choreography, I want herrrr.” Sooyoung pointed towards the stage. She had never wanted anyone so bad before. Jessica Jung is really a dream. Everyone’s dream.

Yuri just laughed looking at Sooyoung’s reaction. An hour later, as soon as Jessica had finished with the staging performance, she called the entire production team for a meeting. She just wanted updates from each sub departments. They were back at the production’s office and everyone was in the meeting room with Jessica sitting at the head of the table.

“I would like to thank everyone for coming to the meeting even though it was last minute.” Jessica smiled to all her employees.

“Yuri and I have this huge news that we would like to share to everyone.” Jessica smiled widely. “We just got our Asia Tour approved!” Jessica revealed excitedly.

Everyone in the room cheered happily. “I know how hard everyone worked in order to make this happen. I would like to personally thank each and every one of you especially Sooyoung, our creative project coordinator. Without your help, we won’t be here.” Jessica gave Sooyoung her warmest smile.

Sooyoung couldn’t help but to blush. She didn’t expect the woman to mention her name in front of everyone like that. That was the first time in 4 years, the woman praised her out loud in a meeting. “It was you. They approved it because of you.” Sooyoung responded shyly.

Yuri was just smiling to herself looking at Sooyoung’s reaction. “I didn’t do anything. You did. You guys did.” Jessica then looked at everyone.

“I know we’ve worked so hard the past few years, but this is just the beginning. The beginning to greater things.” Jessica informed. “Sooyoung, I might need to discuss with you on the scheduling of the tour.” Jessica muttered.

“Sure.” Sooyoung nodded her head as she wrote down some stuff in her planner.

The meeting ended an hour later and Jessica had invited all of her employees to her house for dinner. She wanted to reward them because of their hard work. Sooyoung had been to Jessica’s house for few times. She had the most beautiful house overlooking the city view. Jessica always had parties and events at her place where she would invite other celebrities and sometimes her employees.

Sooyoung sat near the pool with a can of orange soda on her hand. She then turned to look inside the house and she saw Jessica was having fun laughing and chatting with the other employees. She let out a long deep sigh. The time was almost 10PM and she felt it might be best if she head home. If not, she’s sure her mother would be worried. Then suddenly, she heard the sound of a thunder. At that moment, she needed to go back quickly since she only had a scooter.

She stood up from the chair and went inside. She took her bag pack and walked towards her boss. “Hmm Ms Jessica..” Sooyoung called out for the woman. “Yeah?” Jessica turned to look at her. “I’m going home now. Thank you so much for dinner and the party!” Sooyoung exclaimed loudly since they had started to play the music out loud.

“What?” Jessica couldn’t hear what she was saying. “I said I’m heading home now!” Sooyoung cried out loud again. “Sooyoung, sorry I can’t hear you!” Jessica replied and then surprisingly she held on Sooyoug’s hand and pulled her to the kitchen where it was a bit quieter.

Jessica then noticed that Sooyoung was wearing her bag pack. The same black bag pack she had seen Sooyoung with it. “Eh? You’re going home?” Jessica asked.

“Yes Ms Jessica. I need to go home now. My mum doesn’t want me to come home late.” Sooyoung explained. At the same time, she was trying so hard to control her emotions. The woman in front of her was so beautiful she just couldn’t handle it.

“But, it’s still early.” Jessica looked at her watch.

“It’s okay Ms Jessica. I just don’t want my mum to be worried.” Sooyoung explained further.

“Okay then. Are you taking the bus?” Jessica asked again. Yuri once told her that Sooyoung used to take the bus every day to work.

“Oh not anymore. I have a scooter now.” Sooyoung smiled. Jessica then smiled back. Suddenly out of nowhere they heard the rain came down pouring like there was no tomorrow. “Aww man…” Sooyoung sighed to herself.

“Just hang out here for a bit.. At least until the rain stops.” Jessica instructed. Sooyoung decided to just go home even it was raining outside since she really didn’t want to worry her mother.

“Hmm let me send you.” Jessica suddenly suggested.

“No Ms Jessica! It’s okay! You don’t have to!” Sooyoung quickly refused. Of course she didn’t want to burden her boss. “Sooyoung, it’s okay. I owe you a lot.” Jessica smiled as she went to get her carkeys and her purse.

Sooyoung couldn’t believe at that point that she would be inside the car with the woman of her dreams. “Sooyoung, let’s go!” Jessica mouthed to Sooyoung slowly. Sooyoung quickly followed Jessica out of the house.

“Hmm Ms Jessica, don’t you have to inform Yuri that you’re sending me home?” Sooyoung asked weirdly.

“No need.” Jessica said before she went in her Mercedes. Sooyoung awkwardly went in the passenger’s seat and then she hugged her black bag pack. That was the first time she was in the car with the superstar.

“How long have you been working for me Sooyoung?” Jessica asked while she was driving the car. She had a lot of people working under her, so she tend to forget.

“Hmm 4 years I think.” Sooyoung answered.

“Really? You are among the first ones..” Jessica smiled. “Thank you for still sticking around.” Jessica thanked her.

“Thank you for not firing me.” Sooyoung replied with a smile. “Why would I fire my best employee?” Jessica responded with a question. “Remember three years ago when you caught me sleeping back stage?” Sooyoung reminded her boss. She was supposed to be handling Jessica’s first website at the time, but she ended up sleeping instead of actually doing it.

“Wait, that was you??” Jessica asked in surprise. She complete had forgotten about it. She did remember that she went mad after seeing her sleeping.

“Yeah. At the time, I was juggling between two jobs. I was tutoring college students at night after work.” Sooyoung explained. “You were in between two jobs??” Jessica asked in surprise again.

“Yeah. Me and my mum needed money at the time for the house. So I was exhausted all the time.” Sooyoung explained further.

“Why didn’t you tell me this?” Jessica asked softly.

“It’s okay Ms Jessica. I’m not in between jobs anymore.” Sooyoung smiled. “I feel guilty now, I think I suspended you from work for a month.” Jessica tried to remember.

“Two months actually.” Sooyoung laughed.

“Oh god.. I feel so awful.” Jessica chuckled. “Aish don’t be. It’s all good now.” Sooyoung smiled as she stole few glances towards the woman.

“Are you sure?” Jessica asked in concern. “Yes Ms Jessica. You worry too much.” Sooyoung smiled. “I’m always worried about everything.” Jessica chuckled. “Yeah I know. I remembered Yuri told me last week that you were worried about your sister’s cat..” Sooyoung mumbled.

Jessica laughed after listening to her remarks. “I just don’t know. Sometimes I get worried over unnecessary things.” She smiled.

“You were worried over a cat and the best part was, it’s not even your cat. That’s just cute.” Sooyoung smiled. Jessica smiled as well and then she started to steal a few glances at Sooyoung.

“The story behind the cat was Krystal has this very cute black cat back in her apartment. She said that she would be going on a trip for 4 days and she had no one to feed the cat.” Jessica explained.

“I know Ms Jessica because I was the one who rode my scooter for 45 minutes everyday to your sister’s apartment to feed Felix.” Sooyoug revealed.

“What? Are you for real??” Jessica was in shock. “Yuri said she hired someone to feed him.” Jessica said. There were a lot of surprises for her that night.

“What? Yuri didn’t give me any money.” Sooyoung joked. “Sooyoung, I feel so awfulll..” Jessica whined softly. “Ms Jessica, it’s nothing! You should be grateful that Felix is cute tho..” Sooyoung joked again.

“I even had to scoop his litter box everyday.” Sooyoung jokingly trying to make her boss felt even more guilty.

“Sooyounggggg.” Jessica whined again in guilt.

Sooyoung just laughed and then she reassured her boss that there was nothing to be worried about. “Like really, I had fun doing it.” She smiled.

Jessica felt like it had been so long since she last had any conversation with anyone like that. Not once Sooyoung asked her anything about being the most famous singer in Korea. They just had a friendly normal talk just like normal people. She was wondering why she had not talked to Sooyoung more the past few years.

“Anyway, that’s my house.” Sooyoung pointed to a small cozy one storey house at the end of the street. “The house that I bought while I got suspended for two months.” Sooyoung joked.

“Sooyoungggg..” Jessica whined softly again.

“I’m just joking Ms Jessica.” Sooyoung smiled. She could see her boss was smiling too. Well, that’s a good sign. Jessica parked her Mercedes right in front of the gate of the house. “Ms Jessica thank you thank you thank you so muchhh.” Sooyoung thanked her boss.

“It’s nothing Sooyoung.” Jessica smiled warmly.

“I would invite you in, but I don’t wanna shock my mum in the middle of the night by bringing Jessica Jung back home.” Sooyoung smiled.

“I understand. Plus there’s like a lot of people back at my place.” Jessica smiled back. “Cover your head with your bag pack okay. I don’t want you to get sick from the rain.” Jessica instructed.

“I will. Thank you again Ms Jessica.” Sooyoung stared at Jessica’s beautiful face. Both of them were staring at each other at the time.

Suddenly they were interfered by the ringing of Jessica’s phone. “I’m gonna go now. I’ll see you soon Ms Jessica.” Sooyoung smiled as she left the car. Jessica answered the call while she looked at Sooyoung from inside the car.

“Jess, where are youuu?? I’ve been looking for youuu everywhere!” Yuri exclaimed.

“Sorry Yul. I went out for a drive.” Jessica reasoned out. “You should have told me!! I was so worried.” Yuri exclaimed back. Before Sooyoung entered the house she waved excitedly at Jessica and Jessica returned the wave back.

“Hey Yul, I want you to give Sooyoung an additional payment for her salary this month.” Jessica instructed. “Huh? How come?” Yuri asked back. “Give her the amount of her two months salary on top of her salary this month.” Jessica instructed again.

“Hmm okay.” Yuri mumbled.

“And by the way Yul, hmm is she.. hmm is she seeing anyone?” Jessica asked nervously.

“Hmm yeah. She has been going out with Tiffany from choreography for a few months now.” Yuri answered straightaway without any hesitation.

“Oh okay.” Jessica mumbled slowly.