Chapter IV

Queen Of Hollywood

“Mum, we’re about to board now.” Sooyoung said softly to her mother. “Yes yes, I will let you know once I’m there. And yes mum, I will take the meds again later.” She added. “Please lock the front and back door before you go to bed okay. I love you.” Sooyoung said before she ended the call.

She was about to board a late night flight to Beijing with the whole creative production team. There were a total of 27 people in the creative production team and all of them would be travelling along with the one and only Jessica Jung whom would also be boarding the plane that night.

Beijing would be the first stop for the singer Asia’s Tour. The first length of the tour would be covering China and Japan. After a week, they would be flying back to South Korea for a 5-night show before heading out again to Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.

Sooyoung knew what was coming ahead of her. This would be her 2nd tour that she would be joining with the singer. She knew how exhausted life on the road would be. But she was prepared physically and mentally for it. She had packed enough clothes and sufficient supplements for her to always stay healthy. Although at the time she was having a high fever due to exhaustion, she still remained positive.

She then handed her boarding pass and passport to the airport staff at the boarding gate. “Ms Choi Sooyoung, have a safe flight ya.” The staff smiled at her.

“Thank you.” Sooyoung smiled before she walked towards the pathway leading to the plane. “Soo! Wait up!” Suddenly she heard her name was being called.

“Oh hi Tiffany.” Sooyoung said. Yes, Tiffany was the head of choreography for the singer.

“What is your seat number?” Tiffany asked her softly.

“Hm 24A.” Sooyoung said as she checked on her boarding pass.

“You are way at the back!” Tifany exclaimed softly. “I know. I just need the privacy. How about you?” Sooyoung asked back politely.

“15C.” Tiffany informed.

“Is this your first time to Beijing?” Sooyoung asked the woman as both of them walked towards the aircraft.

“Hmm third time I think.” Tiffany smiled.

“Welcome on board to Korean Air.” They were greeted by the stewardess at the front before both of them entered the plane. They first had to walk passed the 4 rows of the first class area. Sooyoung took a glance around the first class and there she was, the woman of her dreams; the one and only Jessica Jung. The woman was seated next to her manager, Kwon Yuri. Only Yuri had a first class seat with the singer. The rest of the team would be seated at the back in the economy class.

They were having some kind of discussion at the time so Sooyoung chose to ignore it and just walked pass by their seats.

As soon as she passed by both of her bosses, suddenly she felt like her arm was being grabbed. She turned to look at the person.

“Sooyoung, once the seat belt sign is off, come in front. I need to cross check on something with the schedule.” Jessica gave her the most warming smile. Her heart melted instantly. As the creative project coordinator, she was the one in charge with most of the schedules for the singer.

“Yes Ms Jessica.” Sooyoung nodded before she walked towards her seat.

Sooyoung was the only person seated in row 24. Row 24 was the second last row.  The singer’s company had actually chartered the plan only for them so there were no other people except for Jessica and her 27 crew boarding the plan.

Sooyoung put her bag pack on the next seat and she chose to seat near the window. She had the perfect plan which was to sleep throughout the 2 hours journey to Beijing.

The flight took off 20 minutes later and without realizing she felt asleep. It had been an exhausting 5 months for her. With all the planning for the tour and the preparation was really taking a toll in her. The other night, she fell asleep while having dinner with her mother. She was just beyond exhausted. Plus, the fever was not really helping.

After an hour of sleep, suddenly she was awakened by someone next to her.

She instantly opened her eyes and turned to look at the person with her red puffy eyes.

“Did I wake you up?” The person said softly to her. The surrounding of the plane was dark as the lights were off.

“Huh? No. I-I hmm I wasn’t sleeping.” Sooyoung quickly said and adjusted her sitting position. The person was just smiling looking at her. “Oh god, I’m so sorry. I was supposed to go in front.” Sooyoung quickly looked for her bag pack so that she could take her iPad. But the woman stopped her from reaching to her bag pack.

“Sooyoung, it’s okay.” The woman put her hand on Sooyoung’s lap.

“I’m so sorry to make you walk all the way back here.” Sooyoung apologized softly as she landed her head on the headrest of the seat while looking at the woman. The woman then glanced around before she leaned in for a kiss on Sooyoung’s lips.

Sooyoung was surprised. “Jessica, no! What if someone sees?” Sooyoung quickly pulled it away and started to get panic.

“Baby, you are the only person here at the back. The closest person is 9 rows away.” Jessica said with a smile. Of course she knew where Sooyoung would be seated. She was the one who told her manager to approve of the seat arrangements.

“What did you tell Yuri?” Sooyoung asked before she softly grabbed the singer’s hand and held it tightly.

“Oh she’s sleeping.”

“She must be even more exhausted than me.” Sooyoung commented.

“I miss you Sooyoung.” Jessica said softly as she held Sooyoung’s cheek.  They haven’t been seeing each other for the past 3 weeks since Jessica was back at the States to visit her family before the tour. Plus the singer had also been busy with all the practices and rehearsals for the tour.

“I miss you too.” Sooyoung smiled back. Ever since the night that Sooyoung brought the singer back to her house a few months ago, they had been spending more time together. Jessica’s driver would drop her off at Sooyoung’s house very late at night so that. The reason why Jessica would only come late at night was because she wanted to avoid from the public eye.

Initially, Jessica was there at her house only for late night snacks. Mrs Choi would always leave something for her daughter to eat whenever she came home. (Sooyoung would be home late every night). It all started when Sooyoung stumbled upon Jessica who was about to leave the office building.

“Ms Jessica, my mum made kimchi fried rice back at home. Would you like to come over for a late night supper and get fat together?” Sooyoung asked with a smile. (It was 1.55am at the time)

Of course she was joking as she didn’t expect the woman would say yes. From that onwards, Jessica basically invited herself to Sooyoung’s house every night. It was like a routine for her to stop by Sooyoung’s house. Even when Jessica had something on her schedule, she would always try her hardest to stop by to see Sooyoung. They grew closer from time to time, up to a point where Jessica would spend the night there more than at her own place.

Never in a million years had Sooyoung thought that the most famous singer in South Korea would be falling for her. The woman was the first to confess actually. Although Sooyoung had always been having this major crush towards the woman for the past 4 years, she would have never said it first. Because she knew for sure if she told the woman about her feelings, it would jeopardize her work.  

She was terribly surprised when Jessica was the one who said it first. “I like you Sooyoung and if it is okay with you, I would like to date you.” She said boldly. Jessica Jung was famous for her boldness. Even the whole nation knew that.

Dating a celebrity was never easy. Jessica was always busy with music shows, interviews, magazines & commercials shooting, rehearsals and so many other countless activities. Sooyoung knew that. Of course she knew, she had been working for the woman for the past 4 years.

“Sooyoung honey, do you really see a future with this woman?” Mrs Choi asked her the other day. Sooyoung didn’t know how to answer. “As much as I adore her, I just don’t want you to get hurt.” Mrs Choi continued. At the time, they were watching Jessica on the TV. She was being interviewed in one of the talk shows where there were also other male idols who were clearly flirting with her.

Of course Sooyoung was jealous. There were so many gossips surrounding the woman. That’s how idols and celebrities are. How could she not be jealous? But she had to be strong.

“I want you to know that despite of everything you read and see out there. I am yours. My feelings are only for you.” Jessica once said to her. Sooyoung trusted Jessica with all her heart. Noone knew about their secret relationship except for her mother and Jessica’s driver.

Even Yuri, the singer’s manager was in the dark about it. Jessica made sure that the woman wouldn’t find out.

“I was lonely and drunk at the time. I didn’t know how it happened, and she was there. So I ended up in bed with her.” Jessica confessed to Sooyoung about what really happened between Yuri and her. “I guess she misunderstood me. But I took advantage of the situation. Everytime I was lonely, I would go to her.” Jessica added. She was never proud of it. But she ended it off with Yuri. Although she wanted to look for another manager, Yuri did manage to convince her that things would not be awkward. So far, things had been fine between them.

“You look thinner baby..” Jessica mumbled softly as she stared intently at Sooyoung’s face. “Are you feeling okay?” Jessica went on to ask again as she placed her hand on Sooyoung’s forehead. “You are so warm!” Jessica was surprised.

“I’m okay. Seeing you makes everything better.” Sooyoung smiled. She was actually not feeling well at all. But she couldn’t complaint. She knew Jessica would be ten times more exhausted than her.

“You haven’t been resting.” Jessica said worriedly. “So do you.” Sooyoung responded back. “I was basically sleeping the whole time back in the states. You know rehearsals were only till 3pm.” Jessica explained further. She did all rehearsals for the tour back in the States when she was visiting her family the past 3 weeks. So now she was back feeling much fresh and ready for the tour.

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll be okay.” Sooyoung assured the woman.

“How can I not be worried? It saddens me that I am not around for the past 3 weeks.. And the moment I am back, my girlfriend is sick.” Jessica whined softly. Just by hearing the woman said the word ‘girlfriend’, already made her the happiest woman. She would never get tired of hearing it.

“Shh. You talk too much.” Sooyoung covered Jessica’s mouth with her hand.

“Soo.. I am serious here.” Jessica said as she held on the hand and moved it away from . “Okay Jessica. I am so sorry for getting sick. I will work hard to be healthy again.” Sooyoung mumbled softly as she looked at her girlfriend with her red puffy eyes.

Jessica then held Sooyoung’s cheek again and caressed her face. “I love you so much.” Jessica whispered.

“I love you even more.” Sooyoung smiled.

“We will stay in bed the whole day tomorrow okay?” Jessica said softly. Sooyoung didn’t respond to it as she knew that could never happen. Jessica would already be busy. Sooyoung remembered the woman’s schedule at the back of her head. She would have an early radio interview in the morning.
 

Plus, they had separate hotel rooms on separate floors which would be even harder for them. Only Yuri’s hotel room would be on the same floor as Jessica.

“You have events to attend tomorrow.” Sooyoung muttered.

Jessica just looked at her with guilt. “I am so sorry.” She mumbled.

“Jessica, it’s okay. You don’t have to be sorry.” Sooyoung assured her. “I am old enough to take care of myself. Really, I will be okay.” Sooyoung smiled. However deep down, she desperately just wanted Jessica’s attention.

Jessica could sense the sadness in Sooyoung’s tone but she knew there was nothing else she could do. “You should be heading back to your seat.” Sooyoung mumbled.

Jessica just held Sooyoung’s hands tightly and stared at her face. “I will make time for you tomorrow. I promise.” She said. “You have no idea how badly I want you baby.” Jessica added. Sooyoung’s heart just melted again instantly. The woman was beyond amazing. She was indeed the luckiest woman in the world.

Jessica gave Sooyoung a peck on the lips before she went back to her seat in front at the first class area. She wanted Sooyoung to get a bit more rest before they landed in Beijing. The moment she was back at her seat, she saw Yuri was already up.

“Where have you been?” Yuri asked her.

“Oh sorry. I went to the toilet at the back.” Jessica lied.

“You went to the toilet for 40 minutes?” Yuri asked again.

“Hmm.. Do I really have to justify why I was at the toilet for 40minutes?” Jessica answered with a question.

“Hm no. But you could have at least told me the truth.” Yuri said.

“What truth?” Jessica looked at her manager weirdly.

“Jessica, I have been your manager for the past 4 years.” Yuri stated.

“Hmm okay?” Jessica frowned weirdly.

“If there is something going on between you and your creative project coordinator, please let me know.” Yuri told her.

“Yuri, if there is ever something going on between me and her; it is strictly none of your business.” Jessica said as she looked at her manager.  

“Jessica, it is my job to know.” She replied back. “I have to be one step ahead of everything. What if the media finds out about this? I need to know how to handle it.” Yuri tried to explain. Of course Jessica understood the woman’s point but she just didnt want to talk about it. She just chose to wear her earphones and ignored the woman next to her.