Chapter III

Queen Of Hollywood

“How did you manage to do all this?” Sooyoung asked the woman in front of her while she ate her big bowl of salted caramel ice cream. “Do what Sooyoung?” Jessica asked back. Before sending the girl back home, she stopped by a cafe.

“Being famous.” Sooyoung replied with full of ice cream. Jessica was just smiling looking at her.

“To be honest, I don’t know. But it’s not easy for sure.” Jessica chuckled. “I know I can tell.” Sooyoung replied because just now she saw a few photographers were following them before they went inside the cafe.

“Why do you ask Sooyoung?”

“Nothing.  Just wanted to know.”

“Why? Are you planning to be famous too?” Jessica smiled.

“I might, you’ll never know.” Sooyoung smiled widely. Well, of course not. Jessica was smiling as well. “Anyway, I just wanna say that you’re doing fine.” Sooyoung smiled. Sooyoung was certainly having the best time.

“You think so?” Jessica asked back.

“Yeah. Do you know that there’s a poll online on which idol has the best personality? Best personality means most humble and polite.” Sooyoung informed. She read it online the other day.

“Really? There’s a poll for that?” Jessica asked back. “Uhuh.” Sooyoung nodded her head. “Do you wanna know where do you rank?” Sooyoung smiled.

“Yeah!” Jessica nodded her head.

“No 2.” Sooyoung said.

“What?? Who’s number one then? Don’t tell me it’s Taeyeon?” Jessica said. Both Taeyeon and her were rivals in everything.

“Taeyeon? Come on Jessica.. After the incident where she punched that poor innocent lady, how could she be number one..” Sooyoung looked at her boss.

“I know right! But who’s number one?”

“It’s Choi Sooyoung.” Sooyoung smiled.

“Sooyoungggg..” Jessica softly whined as she hit the girl’s arm. “Of course you have to be number one. Taeyeon is not even on the list.” Sooyoung chuckled.

“Yes! I knew it!” Jessica exclaimed excitedly.

Then, Sooyoung took her phone out. She opened the website and read some of the comments. “Listen to this..” Sooyoung said before she read one of the comments from the website.

“She’s one of a kind; she really deserves to be loved. It takes just one look to see how amazing of a person she is. She is perfection from head to toe.” Sooyoung read. “See, people love you!” Sooyoung smiled widely.

“Perfection from head to toe? Like seriously?” Jessica was about to laugh. “I really think you are.” Sooyoung responded without even realizing what she just said.

“Huh? What?” Jessica smiled. She heard it.

“Hmm I hmm. I mean my mum thinks you are.” Sooyoung quickly said. Jessica just smiled.

“Anyway, we should get going. I really need to shower.” Sooyoung said. She felt disgusting. Jessica didn’t say anything, she just had a smile carved on her face. “Okay then.” She replied. Sooyoung just couldn’t stand seeing Jessica all smiling like that. She looked so irresistible. Her heart was beating so fast at the time but she managed to play it cool.

“Okay.” Sooyoung smiled after she had finished her ice cream. Jessica paid for the bill and then they went out of the restaurant. There were still photographers outside the restaurant waiting for Jessica. “Will you be okay?” Jessica asked softly as they looked outside the restaurants.

“Hmm.. I guess.” Sooyoung said. She was not used to it. “Will I be in the papers for this?” Sooyoung asked innocently, asking whether her picture would be out in the newspaper. “Hmm not in the papers of course. Online maybe.” Jessica smiled.

“Really??” Sooyoung asked in surprise. Well, that was the first time she went out with Jessica in broad daylight. The last time was in the middle of a rainy night. “Oh god, I look like !” Sooyoung exclaimed as she adjusted her bagpack.

“No, you look fine.” Jessica said before she wore her sunglasses. And then surprisingly she held on Sooyoung’s hand and they walked out of the cafe hand in hand. Sooyoung was so nervous beyond words. Just now when they got into the cafe, there weren’t that many people.

“Jessica! Jessica!!” The photographers were screaming towards them.

“Hi guys.” Jessica smiled as she held on Sooyoung’s hand tightly. She was already used to all of the attention. Their pictures were taken together as they made their way to the car. As soon as they went inside the car, Sooyoung let out a long sigh of relieve.

“Oh my god.” Sooyoung said.

“How’s that? Do you still wanna be famous?” Jessica smiled before she started her car.

“What famous? I’m already famous! My pictures gonna be online!” Sooyoung responded. Jessica just laughed to herself. Then she drove the car back to Sooyoung’s house.

“Thank you so so so much.” Sooyoung thanked her boss as soon as the car was parked outside of her house. “Are you getting tired of me already?” Jessica asked. Then she turned off her car engine and went out of the car. She wanted to go inside the house.

“What?” Sooyoung was surprised to see Jessica was making her way towards her house gate. She then quickly went out of the car and followed the woman.

“My mum definitely gonna freak out!” Sooyoung exclaimed. Yes, Mrs Choi has been a fan of Jessica for the longest of time. She collected all of her CDs and watched some of her cameos in dramas.

“How come you haven’t brought your mum over to the office?” Jessica smiled.

“Oh no no no.” Sooyoung said. Jessica just laughed. She was waiting for Sooyoung to open the door. “Are you sure you wanna meet her?” Sooyoung asked Jessica again.

“Sooyoung, just open the door.” Jessica smiled.

Sooyoung then opened the door to her boss. Jessica went inside the small house and she just smiled. The house was certainly small but it was cozy for sure.

“Sooyounggg, is that youuuu??” Mrs Choi’s voice was heard coming from the kitchen. “I would like to apologize in advance..” Sooyoung looked at Jessica.

Jessica just chuckled and then she walked towards the kitchen to surprise the woman. “Hi Mrs Choi..” She greeted the woman softly. Mrs Choi was washing the dishes at the time. When she heard her name was being called, she turned around and saw the most unexpected guest ever. She was so shocked to see the superstar, she accidentally dropped the plate she was holding. And it crashed on the floor.

“Mum!!” Sooyoung quickly went towards her mother.

“Oh my god, am I dreaming?”

“No you’re not mum.” Sooyoung responded as she was on the floor picking up the broken plate with a napkin.

“OH MY GODDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” That was the loudest scream both Sooyoung and Jessica had ever heard.

“JESSICA JUNG IS IN MY HOUSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!”

“JESSICA JUNG IS IN MY KITCHENNNNNNNNN!!!!” So the screaming went on for two minutes.

“See, I told you she would freak out.” Sooyoung looked at Jessica who was on the couch in the living room. “Your mum is adorable Sooyoung.” Jessica smiled. Mrs Choi asked her to stay for lunch and surprisingly she agreed. “I’m just gonna take a shower now.” Sooyoung informed Jessica.

“Go Sooyoung.” Jessica smiled.

“Hmm am I gonna get in trouble for this?” She asked.

“Trouble? Why?” Jessica asked weirdly.

“Hmm with Yuri.”

“Why would you get in trouble for being with me? I’m your boss right?” Jessica said.

“Hmm yes. But..”

“Don’t worry Sooyoung. Go shower now.” Jessica assured her. Sooyoung smiled and then she made her way into her room leaving Jessica alone in the living room.

Jessica looked around the house and she didn’t know why she loved being there already. She felt like she was at home.

RING RING RING

Suddenly her phone rang. She looked at it and it was none other than her manager, Yuri.

“Yul..” She answered her phone.

“Where the hell are youuu???” Yuri exclaimed loudly on the phone. “I’m at Sooyoung’s house. I think I’m gonna be here for a bit.” Jessica informed.

“What? You’re joking right?” Yuri responded.

“I’m not.”

“Why are you there?”

“I sent her back home. And now her mother asked me to stay for lunch. What’s wrong with that?” Jessica asked back.

“You should have told me.”

“I just told you.” Jessica said.

“Why are you being like this?” Yuri then asked.

“Being like what?” Jessica asked back.

“Like this!!”

“Kwon Yuri, It’s my day off. I can do whatever I want.” Jessica said seriously.

“You were supposed to be with me!”

“Yul, I don’t think ‘us’ going to work anymore.” Jessica revealed.