Chapter 2 - Get used to it

Happiness

Almost everyday, Mina spent her day with working and then having fun with Chaeyoung. She went back home late and never spent her time at home with Nayeon, just went to bed directly and off to work in the morning. The only time they met each other was when they were working professionally.

Nayeon was worried seeing Mina's condition, it was not healthy for her personal life if she kept her bad habit like that. So, during their first week as wives, on the weekend, finally Nayeon had a chance to talk to Mina at home after their breakfast. 

She hesitantly asked her, "Mina..."

"Yes..." she did not look at Nayeon's eyes, just busied herself with her phone.

"Can I give you a suggestion? As your wife, just for this one..." Nayeon pleaded.

Then Mina put her phone down and stared at Nayeon, she folded her hands, ready to listen, "What is it?"

"Hmm... don't take this wrongly, okay... I just want to suggest you not to go out everyday with your girlfriend and go home so late... It is not good for your body and health..and you have to work early in the morning... I mean, maybe you can just stay at home during weekdays...just to rest.. I can take you to fancy restaurants if you want.. so that you won't feel bored..." Nayeon explained clearly. "Hmm.. you can do whatever you want after these three months arrangement.." she added.

"So you meant that I can only meet my girlfriend during lunch time? Which part of the word 'not controlling' that you do not understand?" she glared.

"I do not mean to control... I only give an advice for you... you are going to be the leader of your company and you need to take care of your health...You can still meet your girl two whole days on the weekend...and maybe marry her after this fake marriage.." Nayeon shrugged though actually she was hurting inside.

Mina chuckled bitterly, "Dad will never allow me to marry her...a girl with no social status...not worthy in his eyes..."

"But do you love her?" she asked.

"Love..... such a big word with such a commitment and sacrifice.. I don't know if I really love her...but I feel comfortable around her, I don't need to pretend to be somebody else and she was there when I needed... So,,, I cannot really answer you question about that.." Mina explained.

Nayeon nodded, "I see... Thank you for telling me, Mina... I really hope you can find your happiness after this... and please think about my advice...though we are strangers, but I do care for you...and your father.." she smiled.

"Okay.." she answered shortly.

"Alright, I want to work for a while... enjoy your weekend with your girlfriend, Mina..."

"Work? On the weekend?" 

"Yeah, there is an urgent matter at my company in the US... I need to call my vice CEO... see you around.." Nayeon went to her room and left Mina at the dining room.

Mina also headed to her room, to just enjoy her day off and later spent her weekends with Chaeyoung...

**** 

At Nayeon's room

"Momooooriiiinnggg....." she greeted her best friend a.k.a vice CEO with her aegyo. "How are you? How is the company?"

"Geezz....Nayeon! You are so loud!" Momo laughed....knowing her bestfriend habit and bubby personality. "How about you, huh? How is Mina?"

She pouted, "Mina...Mina keeps on hurting me, Momoring.... She is cold...get drunk every night with her girlfriend..."

"Whaaatt??? How dare!! Don't tell me that you haven't told her the truth?!" Momo scolded Nayeon.

"Not yet...." she pouted even more.

"Nayyyy,,,,, tell her,,,, she deserves to know...and you deserve your happiness, too..." Momo sounded concern.

"Yeah, Mo.. but since I arrived here in Korea, she looked happy with her girl and I don't have the right to break their relationship... and I don't think that she remembered me, Mo... it has been years right..."

"That is why you have to refresh her memory! Don't prolong this,,,you have to tell her before your marriage deal ends... promise me, Nay..."

"I will try, Mo... My only concern now is actually her health... I gave her advice this morning, and it seemed that she wants to listen... hope so,,," Nayeon shared the story.

"By the way, how is the company? Everything runs well?" Nayeon asked.

"Yup, Boss... everythings is okay... Miss you so badly... Tzuyu and Jihyo too... 3 months are too long, Nay..."

"You can visit me anytime, right... I believe you miss eating jokbal, too..." Nayeon laughed.

"Yaaa!!! Jokbal!!! Definitely will visit you..maybe on your birthday,,,"

"That sounds good...at least I have a company here on my birthday.." Nayeon huffed.

"Don't worry, buddy,,, I will always stay by your side..."

Nayeon smiles, "Thanks, Mo... can't wait to see you here..."

"Okay...gotta end the call now...you rest well, okay.."

"Alright, you too..." Nayeon ended the call.

****

2 months passed and Mina did not take Nayeon's advice. She kept going out to the bar and spent her night with Chaeyoung. Sometimes, she did not even go home and it worried Nayeon to the core. Not only because she cared for her, but because her father-in-law trusted Mina in her hands.

One night, Mina went home around 11 p.m. and Nayeon was still at the living room watching her Netflix series. Like usual, Mina went home not in a sober state and she mumbled angrily. 

"Mina, hey..hey..." Nayeon hold her arms, try to make her sober a little bit.

"You! How dare you touch me!" she released herself from Nayeon's touch. "Stay away from me and don't try to tell me what to do...you are no one... you are nothing for me... nobody loves me...nobody cares for me..." then suddenly she cried and fell on the ground.

Nayeon was confused on what to do...if she touched her, the drunk girl would be angry again...drunk Mina was really really scary and her words were like swords...cut your heart into pieces.

"Stupid heart...stupid heart...stupid heart..." Mina hit her chest continuously while crying her heart out.

It was the first time Nayeon saw Mina in this state. She hold Mina's hand so that she could not hurt herself anymore. Mina tried to push Nayeon off, but instead Nayeon hugged her small figure tightly. "Huuusshhh, Mina.... Mina...calm down...don't hurt yourself..." Nayeon tried to calm her.

Instead of getting calm, Mina then hit Nayeon's back simultaneously. "Let me go..let me go... I hate you..." Nayeon tightened the hug and cried too. She was so sad seeing Mina's broken part.

Feeling tired of hitting Nayeon's back, finally she stopped and just sobbed on Nayeon's shoulder. "I am here, Mina.... I care for you..stop crying, okay..." Nayeon rubbed her back. After Mina was calm, Nayeon helped her to walk to her bedroom. That was the closest distance that they had after 2 months of marriage.

Nayoen tucked Mina in her bed, took off her shoes and she looked at her face. Only if you know the truth, my pengu-chan... "Sleep tight, Mina..."

****

The next morning, Mina acted like usual towards Nayeon. She did not remember what happened the other night and Nayeon did not want to discuss about it also. They just did their routines, ate breakfast, went to work, Mina had lunch with Chaeyoung, Nayeon had lunch by herself or with her best friends through video call, Nayeon went home to her empty mansion, Mina spent her night dancing and drinking with Chayeong, Nayeon wrote her diary every night. Mina went home drunk. REPEAT.

****

22 September - NaYeon's Day

Momo secretly flew to Korea one day before Nayeon's birthday. She was staying at the hotel near MM Tech and enjoying her day off lazying around. When it was 12.00 a.m., she called Nayeon.

"Happy Birthday, Nabooongggg....!" Momo screamed at the phone and Nayeon smiled seeing her BFF never forgets.

"Momooo yaaaa....." she shed the happy tears.

"Hey! Don't cry... Look at the window, you cry baby...!" Nayeon got up from her bed and looked at the window...

Momo was at the garden, carrying a birthday cake and she waved her hand. Nayeon burst into tears and she ran down to meet her BFF. First thing to do was giving Momo a bear hug. They just hugged and stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Nayeon cried and Momo soothed her, "Don't cry, Nayeon ahh.... it is your day..."

Nayeon broke the hug and wiped her tears. She smiled, "Thank you, Momo yaaa.... I cannot imagine my dark and sorrowful birthday this year..."

"No, it won't be sorrowful, you have me, right... Here blow your candles....oh, make your wish first..." Nayeon folded her hands and blew the candles.

"Yeaaayyyy... Happy Birthday, once again, Nayyy,,," Momo hugged her again.

They sat on the garden bench and enjoyed the cake together. Nayeon and Momo just chilled together outside and felt the breeze. They talked about so many things happened in these past 2 months, about her company, about Mina's cold demenours, about Tzuyu and Jihyo relationship, and Momo's crush with Sana.

From a far, they saw Mina just arrived from her party life and it squeezed Nayeon's heart. She had not told Mina the truth.

"Isn't that your pengu?" Momo asked. "So you haven't told her about it?" Nayeon shook her head and Momo was sad. "Aigooo, Nayeonaaahhh.... whyyy?"

"She hates me, Mo... she does not even spare a glance at me... at the famous and gorgeous Im Nayeon...." Nayeon tried to joke about her pride and beauty, and both of them laughed.

"But really, Nay... how do you feel? You are good at hiding your own feeling but I believe you cried your out every night, right?" Momo declared.

Nayeon leaned on Momo's shoulder, "Yes, Mo... I cry for her every single day... every time I write my diary, I will cry for her... I cry because I cannot tell her the truth.. I cry because in reality she hates me... I cry because she forgot about me....I cry because I cannot be by her side and protect her and love her as she deserves it.." Momo brushed Nayeon's hair to calm her.

"Okay, big baby... it is so late now... I better go back to my hotel and you better sleep... Tomorrow morning you have to work, right?"

"Alright, but tomorrow evening, come buy to MM Tech okay.. I will treat you jokbal...hahaha..." Nayeon laughed.

"Won't miss it, dear.. Good night, Nay..." Nayeon escorted Momo until she got in the taxi.

Nayeon got back inside her mansion. She kept the left over birthday cake in the fridge. 

****

In the morning, they had the same routine again and they were now working at the office. Nayeon was busy typing and calling some clients, remembering her time in Korea was just around a week left. Yup, at the end of the month, she would fly back to US and in a month, she would send the divorce letter to Mina. Everything would run smoothly according to the plan. MM Tech would be ready to stand by its own and Nayeon continued to span her business in the US.

As usual, Chaeyoung came by during lunch time and took Mina out. They had an hour of eating time and Mina went back to the office happily. 

"You must be happy knowing that it is going to be my last week here.." Nayeon painfully said.

"Oh, can't wait for that moment.. and don't forget to take care of the divorce process.." 

"No worries, Ma'am!" she smiled bitterly.

"Thank you for your help, by the way.." 

"My pleasure.." Nayeon replied.

Around 4 p.m., there was a knock on the door and their secretary said, "Ms Im Nayeon, there is a guest waiting for you at the lobby, it is Ms Hirai Momo,"

"Oh, let her in, she is my vice CEO..." Nayeon politely replied. Mina heard that conversation, but ignored it anyway.

[Momo got in the room] Nayeon welcomed Momo warmly, "Finally, you are here..."

"Yeah, maybe I can help.." Momo said.

"Oh, by the way...Momo, this is Mina, the CEO of MM Tech... Mina, this is Momo, my vice CEO.." both of them shook their hands.

"Nice to meet you, Mina.." Momo smiled.

"Nice to meet you, too... So, you will Nayeon back to US?" she asked.

"Not today... I am here because she is having a birthday today...and we are going to have dinner together.. you should join us..." 

"Owww.. Happy Birthday, Nayeon.." she offered her hand and Nayeon shook it.

"Thank you, Mina.."

"and you should have fun today... I cannot join because I have a date with Chaeyoung.." Mina said.

"You.... if only you know..." Momo said but was cut by Nayeon.

"It is okay, Mina... You have fun too, okay..." Nayeon elbowed Momo.

****

So both of them checked out from the office to have their own date and simple birthday celebration. Nayeon treated Momo that special jokbal that she craved for. Mina did not go to the bar that evening, instead she brought Chaeyoung to her mansion, Im Nayeon's mansion. They ordered food and spent time in the living room. Mina also opened a bottle of wine.

Things got heated at the living room. Chaeyoung started to kiss and touch Mina's body. They made out at the couch, completely forgot that they were not at the bar.  Their shirts were thrown at the floor, bras detached, and were no where to be found.

Mina was grinding on top of Chaeyoung, moaned sinfully, when Nayeon entered the mansion. Nayeon was so shocked, she dropped her bag on the floor, mouth agaped, and she was at the edge of crying, but she needed to be strong and did the right thing.

"Mina!" she shouted.

"You're home..." badly drunk, she ignored Nayeon's presence and continued the pleasure that she was having.

"Mina! Stop it! she took off her blazer, pulled Mina away from Chaeyoung and cover her body.

"You,,,, get out of my house..." Nayeon shouted at Chaeyoung and she started to collect her clothes and got out from the mansion. 

"How dare you intterupt me and my girlfriend.. We were having fun!" she said angrily.

"You can have fun, do whatever you want, Mina.. but please don't do it inside our house.. you keep on hurting me, Mina...." she burst into tears. "Please, stop it.. Please be yourself.. I know you are not like this.." Nayeon hugged Mina.

Mina did not fight anymore, cause she was so drunk. Nayeon brought Mina to her room. She took one of her pajamas and put it on Mina. It should be a fascinating moment to see Mina in her glory, but it was not glorious at all when Mina was using her body like that...when Mina was not appreciating her own body.

Nayeon dressed Mina quickly and tucked her in bed. She could not handle it anymore. It was cutting her heart into pieces. She went out and headed to her room. She dropped down on the floor and cried out loud. My Pengu-chan hurts me so badly... My Pengu-chan hates me... I am nothing to her...

That night, Nayeon packed her things up and she called Momo to bring her back to the US early in the morning. She was done helping the MM Tech and there was no use of her anymore. Before she went out, she left a small note for Mina and also her diary for her.

Dear Mina,

Once you read this, I am not at Korea anymore

I am going back to the US to continue my business.

I hope you can find your happiness with Chaeyoung.

Eat properly and stay healthy, okay.

Goodbye, Mina, My Pengu-chan.

Your Silly Rabbit,

Im Nayeon.

 

She opened Mina's room once again and kissed her forehead, "I love you, Mina..."

*****

Off she went....back to the US with Momo...