Chapter 4 - Reunited

Happiness

"Did she text you or anything?" Momo asked Nayeon as it was already one week since Nayeon back to USA. Her NY Corp was in Manhattan and Nayeon lived alone in her penthouse.

"Nope...." Nayeon answered casually without looking at Momo. She was busy working and staring at her big apple screen.

"And you think that is okay?" Momo asked again.
Finally Nayeon looked up, "The point is she hates me, Mo.. Me leaving is a benefit for her, she can freely her girlfriend, meet her 24/7... so no other reason for not texting... she never took a glance on me, Mo...and I sent the divorce paper already, just wait for her to sign and we never existed... Is that clear?"

Momo just shrugged her shoulders, "Tough life, Im.... but I am proud of you... dinner with me tonight?"

"Of course,,,," she smiled.

*****

Mina composed herself up. She regretted all her stupid actions, wasting her life just for fun because she thought that Rabbit was such a liar.. Rabbit did not fullfil her promise.
Mina worked diligently at the office, becoming the one and only CEO. She handled everything well and the most important thing was she cut her toxic relationship with Chaeng after she found out that Chaeng slept with another girls from the bar. She was hurt, in pain that she gave her precious body to a 'stranger' without the true love itself. She was just a rebound, a way out to relieve her stress.

[Knock..Knock..] "Come in," Mina permitted.

"There is a document from Manhattan, USA, Ms Myoui," her assistant said.

"Okay, thank you, you may leave my office,"

"Thank you, Ms Myoui."

Mina opened the envelope and took it out. It was the divorce letter from Nayeon. She read the paper and her tears automatically wet her face. No, no, no, Im Nayeon.... I cannot lose you again. I will not sign this divorce paper.

Mina called her assistant again. She checked all the meeting schedule that the company would have and all the deals. She made sure everything was well prepared and then she told her assistant that she would take a one week business trip to Manhattan to discuss things with the CEO of NY Corp.
Her assistant arranged the flight for the next day and Mina was ready to meet Nayeon.

*****
After the long hours of flight, finally Mina arrived in Manhattan. Since it was already nighttime, she chose to sleep at a nearby hotel from NY Corp. She spent the night at the luxurious hotel. 
She enjoyed the city night light from the balcony while thinking of what should she say when she meet Nayeon the next day. How nervous she was, but she planned to still act cold towards the older. She did not want Nayeon to know that she already found out about Rabbit.
She really wanted to enjoy Nayeon's patience, gestures, face and love before she revealed her own feeling. 

*****

NY Corp 11 a.m.

[Knock..Knock..] Nayeon's assistant came in, "There is someone who wants to meet you, Ms Im... She is waiting outside.."

"Mo, do I have a meeting at this hour?" she asked Momo.

"No, you are free from meeting today... Who is it?" Momo asked the assistant.

"The CEO of our merger company, Ms Myoui," the assistant answered.

"Myoui? As in Myoui Mina? Are you sure?" Nayeon shouted a little bit, not believing her ears.

"Yes, Ms... She said that she is your wife..." she added.

"Woooaahh,,, this is gonna be the 3rd World War I believe..." Momo teased.

"Damn you, Mo... what should I do??? Why the hell is she here?" Nayeon panicked.

"Relax, Nabong... maybe she just wanted to return the divorce paper and have a vacation here...." Momo answered. "I will ask her to get in by myself...and I will give you private time..." Momo winked at Nayeon.

Nayeon's heart rate was increasing. She was not prepared with it, meeting Mina again in a formal condition.

There she was, entering the room with a great pride, elegant with her working attire, white shirt, gray knee-length skirt and black high heels. Nayeon gulped seeing a stunning Mina. She was always stunning, but it was just so different as she really paid attention to details today.

"Good morning, Ms Myoui, you may sit down here," Nayeon asked Mina to sit down in front of her working desk.

"Nice office, Im..." she said casually.

"Thank you... Hmm... How can I help you until you came here to Manhattan, and you did not inform me,,, at least I could pick you up at the airport and booked you a hotel..." 

"Ah, no need, Im.... I can take care of myself..and I know that you are busy,,," Mina said while looking around Nayeon's office. She spotted a big tumbler next to Nayeon's table. "I don't know you are a fan of big tumbler, Im..."

"Oh,,, I am not a fan... it is just I have to keep my body healthy by drinking a lot of water..." she answered and Mina nodded as she knew it is for her kidney, then a sudden guilt washed over her as she saw a small framed picture of their wedding day. She keeps it on her table to remember me. What a bad wife and a bad best friend I was.

"Mina... Mina..." Nayeon called as Mina was distracted.

"Ah, yes... what is your question?"

"Are you okay? Are you sick because of the jetlag?" Nayeon stood up and wanted to touch Mina's forehead, but Mina avoided it.

"I am fine, Im... just a little bit tired," Mina said.

"Okay, so what can I help you with? any problem with the company? or you want to ask about the divorce letter?" she rambled.

"I want to return this..." she gave the divorce paper.

"Oh, you don't need to come this far just to submit this.. you can just email me... you are just wasting your precious time with Chaeyoung.." Nayeon received the paper.

"Don't mention her name anymore...!!" she was pissed.

"Oh, sorry..." Nayeon opened the envelop and saw that Mina has not signed the paper.

"You have to sign here, Ms Myoui," Nayeon gave the ballpoint to Mina to sign the letter.

"I don't want.." she said.

"What do you mean?" she offered the ballpoint again.

"I will sign it at the end of this week, before I come back to Korea,,,, is that okay?" she asked.

"Oh, okay, that is fine,,,"

"I am hungry now..." Mina stated, she maintained the cool expression.

"Hung..hungry?" Nayeon saw her watch and it was 11.30 a.m., but the problem,,, it was the first time Mina mentioned about her feeling, hungry to start with... she always spent her lunch and dinner with Chaeyoung, so Nayeon was not used to this kind of hungry Mina in the afternoon. "I - I know a nice restaurant near here... I will tidy up my desk first, then we can go..."

"Good then..." she shortly replied.

*****
Nayeon and Mina went down from the office, heading to the restaurant. It was near, so they did not use the car. Nayeon awkwardly led the way and there was a certain gap between them. The tension was real and no one was dare to start the conversation.
Then, they arrived at the restaurant. They sat across each other. Nayeon stole some glances, admiring Mina's beauty from this close. I am glad that you are doing okay until now, Pengu-chan. Seeing you happy is enough for me.

"Good afternoon, Ms... are you ready to order?" the voice of the waitress awoke Nayeon.

"I want to order the chef's special dish for today... How about you Mina?" she asked.

"Just order the same as yours..."

"Okay, so 2 sets of today's special dish, and two glasses of watermelon juice," Nayeon added. She still remembered my favourite juice, Mina thought.

"Alright, your order will be ready soon.." the waitress dismissed herself.

"So, how's your company, Mina?"
"Good, thanks to you, every thing is running smoothly and I am doing some new projects now.."

"Aniyoo... I believe that because of your talent in business.." at least I can have a nice conversation right now with Pengu-chan.

"By the way, where are you staying? Which hotel?" Nayeon asked.

"I was staying at the Hilton, but I checked out already.."

"So, you want to change to another hotel? I can give some recommendations,,,"

"No, I want to stay at yours..." 

Nayeon coughed as she was surprised... Silly Rabbit...Mina really wanted to pinch that cheek, but she needed to control herself and stay feelingless.

"Whhyyy? I cannot stay at yours? I am still your wife legally..." she stated firmly.

"Aniyo..aniyooo... I was just surprised... thought that you hate me so much..."

"I do... Don't think that I get softer, Nayeon... I just don't want to spend my money only for hotels..."

"Alright, you are welcome at my place... We will go to the hotel and take your belongings after this lunch,,, so you can rest faster..." Nayeon explained and Mina nodded.

Then, the special dish came and they enjoyed the lunch peacefully. Mina asked several questions about the business and life at Manhattan. They finished the lunch and Nayeon paid for it. Then Nayeon took her car to go to the hotel. 

*****
At the penthouse

"Welcome to my house, Mina... there is nothing special here.."

"No worries, Im... Thanks by the way..."

Nayeon led her to the 2nd bedroom, "Here is your room, I will put your luggage here... you can freshen yourself if you want.. I will wait outside.."

"Okay, I will take a bath first..."

After 20 minutes, Mina came out from the bedroom, in her comfy clothes. She found Nayeon in the living room, reading a book. She looked around the penthouse,,it was in modern minimalist design with mostly white, gray and mint green. There are some art decoration, books and family pictures of Nayeon and her parents.

Mina sat next to Nayeon, but still with respected distance. She wanted to know about Nayeon's parents.. she only knew that her father was a doctor in Korea, the one who did the surgery, but she never knew about Nayeon's mom.

"Do you live alone here, Nayeon?" Mina asked and Nayeon put down her book.

"Ow, you are done showering.... Yeah, I am pratically and literally alone.." she smiled endearly.

"How about your parents? I see some photographs..." 

"There are now live happily in heaven, Mina..."

"Oopps,,sorry about that... I did not know..."

"No worries,,,, I am used to it... It was all in the past and I believe they are happy up there.."

"May I know when they passed away?"

"Hmm... my Mom died when I was 10 years old... she got cancer...." Damn, that was around 2 years after my surgery.. maybe that was the reason why Rabbit did not come back. "I could not go back to Korea and stay with my Dad because he was so busy becoming a pediatrician... so I stayed here in Manhattan with my Mom's best friend family and I met Momo there, then we became close and continue my Mom's business NY Corp..... My father passed away just months before our fake marriage.."

Whaaaatt???? She lived miserably by her own, took all burden of the family, and helped my company too. She never complained and helped me and stayed being kind in all circumstances... While meee???? I just threw my life away, after she saved me with her kidney,,, I chose to ruin my own life because I did not know the truth, I was just got angry all the time..... Myoui Mina.... what have you done??? Your Rabbit was faithfully stood by you and you were just hurting her all the time.

"I am so sorry to hear that, Nayeon.... and I - I am sorry for everything, Rabbit..." Mina could not hold her tears anymore, she sobbed.

"Whaat?? Rabb - Rabbit? You called me Rabbit? You knew...." Nayeon scooted closer to embrace Mina. Finally I can hug her again after all these years. Thanks God that she read the diary and now I can comfort her, my Pengu-chan.

Mina cried so hard on Nayeon's chest... Nayeon kept on calming Mina and rubbed her back..

"I am sorry, Nayeon,,, I was such a selfish human being... I was angry at you... I was so angry that I wasted my life like that.. My life that you gave back, that you sacrifice... I was such a jerk, I.. I had that kind of relationship with Chaeng and I hurt your heart.... I never appreciated your help because I was blind... I am so sorry, Nayeon... I don't deserve you... You need someone pure and much much better than me..." Mina rambled.

"Shhhh....Shhh... Mina.... Stop crying please, Pengu-chan..." Nayeon was also crying her heart out.

"I don't deserve you, Rabbit.... I'd rather die than to remember every evil thing that I did.. I feel dirty..." Mina pushed Nayeon away.

Nayeon tightened her embrace, "No...no...no.... you are my Pengu.... my sweet pengu-chan... you are my world.... I care about you so much, so don't ever say that again.... Calm yourself, Pengu... I am here now.... I will not leave you again.... sorry I could not come back before... It was also my fault that you did those kind of things... forgive me, Pengu-chan....."

After a while, they both calmed down and stop crying. Nayeon loosened up her embrace and took 2 glasses of water for her and Mina.

"I guess you better be sleeping, Mina... you must be so tired..." Mina nodded and both of them headed to Mina's room.

Nayeon tucked Mina in bed.... "Have a nice sleep, Minariii.. we will talk later..." Nayeon smiled. 

"Stay with me here?" Mina shyly requested.

"Hmm.. of course, just like old times..." Mina nodded.  Nayeon leaned on the bedpost and held Mina's hand and rubbed it gently. Mina was asleep like a baby. Nayeon enjoyed the peaceful moment for a while until she fell asleep too. 

*****