Chapter 5 - Forget the past

Happiness

In the evening Mina woke up, she squinted her eyes and she felt a warm hand still holding hers. She looked up to see Nayeon's sleeping face in sitting position. This Silly Rabbit! Why didn't she lay down with me. It must be not comfortable sleeping in that position.

"Nayeonnie...Nayeonnie...wake up..." Mina tapped her shoulders.

"Hmm..hey... you are up..." Nayeon rubbed her eyes. "Sorry I fell asleep, I should cook for you.."

Mina pouted, "No need, Nayeonnie... I don't want to bother..."

"Waiitt... what did you call me before?" she asked with her cute dork face.

"Yaaa....you heard it!"

"Repeat it again, ppwweeassee.." she was so cute asking.

Mina huffed and shy at the same time.... "Nayeonnie, Nayeonnie, Nayeonnie...!!" she covered her face.

Nayeon ruffled her hair and tapped it gently, "Pengu-chan is so cute.... My Minariiii..." she smiled widely.

"My Minariii?"

"I am still your wife, right,,,, so you are mine, are you not?" she smirked.

"Aaaahhhh, Rabbit... you make me shy..." she blushed so hard.

Nayeon laughed out loud, winning the silly game. She was so proud in making Mina blushed.

"Alright, alright,,, I want to go to the kitchen to cook first... you like pasta, right?"

"Yes, pasta sounds good.... I am gonna help..." she excitedly jumped out from her bed.

*****

Both of them are at the kitchen, cooking together. Mina made some salad as the appetizer and Nayeon was busy cutting the ingredients for the pasta. She decided to make aglio olio pasta and cut some garlic.

[chop chop chop] "Eeewwww..." Nayeon's face disgusted by the garlic.

Mina laughed, "You choose to cook aglio olio, but you did not like garlic... you are so funny, Nayeonnie..."

"Hey, I like that Nayeonnie nick name..." she smiled while cutting the garlic and chilli.

"Yeah, you are practically older than me..." she chuckled.

They enjoyed cooking their dinner together. It was full of laughter and small talk. Mina could really pay attention to the details of Nayeon's features and she admitted that Nayeon was pretty, lovely and so kind. Her puffy cheeks and heart shaped lips made her more perfect and cute.

They ate the dinner in the dining room. It was simple yet felt so different. It was warm and they engaged to each other's stories and gave responds nicely. They never had this when they were in Korea, so they treasured little progress and cherished it in their hearts. 

*****

After dinner, they cleaned up together. Mina cleaned the table and Nayeon washed the dishes. When Nayeon finished washing, suddenly Mina had this eagerness to ask Nayeon why she left the mansion that day before the settled day because Mina could not remember what happened.

"Nayeonnie...."

"Yes.... What happen? You look like you want to ask some something..."

"Why you left that night?" Mina asked hesitantly.

All the sad memories of Mina flew around Nayeon's head and it hurts. Nayeon pursed her lips to hide her heartache. "Nothing...just want to go back to Manhattan.." she pressed her smile.

"I don't believe it...there must be something else... you would not leave at midnight in a sudden... Did I hurt you so badly that night? cause I don't remember.." Mina asked softly, wanted to reach Nayeon, but she controlled herself. 

Nayeon leaned on the kitchen isle, tears pool in her eyes..."Yes, Mina... you hurt me so bad on my birthday.." then tears flow down to her cheeks and she wiped it, "but I forgive you already.... it is fine..." she tried to be strong.

But Mina hugged her tightly and Nayeon cried again.....she let out her heartache that she kept alone....."You...you ha-had with that girl, Mina.... you-you did it in our living room.."
Mina was so shocked, she closed her eyes remembering that shameful deed...she regretted it so much...it was so not appropriate to bring another girl in their house...she cried too, "I am so sorry, Nayeonnie... I - I was out of my mind... I missed Rabbit so much that I used Chaeng to replace your presence... Soorrryy, my Silly Rabbit for hurting you..."
They both cried, pouring out their feelings,,,,Nayeon finally calmed down and broke the hug, she held Mina's face, "Forgive me, Pengu-chan.... I was not there when you needed me the most... It was my fault that you fell into another girls's embrace... I will not leave you again, I promise.." she kissed Mina's forehead.
"Forgive me too, Nayeonnie,,, I could not control myself,,,, I am not clean anymore, I cannot give my ity to you.." she said shyly, feeling the heat on her face...

"Yaaa... who said that I want your ity only!!" she slapped Mina's arm playfully, feeling embarrased.

Mina smiled and more, "So you don't want me?"

"I want you, Minariiii... every single inch of you... but that is not the only goal... I want to be there for you... protect you... I want to make you happy, even when I have to sacrifice my own happiness.." 

Mina shut Nayeon by hugging her again, "Now I will make you happy, too, Nayeonnie... I want to be there for you, too.."

"Yes,, I know Minariii.." she rubbed her back... "Let's forget the pass and think about our present and future.."

Mina then asked again, "Wait,, one more question... so,, were you the one who put me to bed that night?" Nayeon nodded.
"So you saw mm-my ...."

"Yesssss... you have a y body, Mina.." Nayeon winked.

"Yaaaaa....." Mina wanted to slap Nayeon, but she ran away... They ended up chasing around the living room. "I did not see much... hahahaha" Nayeon was laughing seeing a pissed off Mina.

"Okay...okay... I give up... I saw a lot... but I did not enjoy it at that moment..." they stopped chasing around and slumped their bodies on the big couch.

They laughed on their silly action.... "Forget the pass?" Nayeon offered her pinky.
"Agree.." Mina hooked the pinky.

That night they spent shared the bed, cuddling until they fell asleep. 

*****

The next morning.

Nayeon woke up as usual and she prepared herself to go to the office. She was ready with a set of white shirt, gray skirt and blazer. Mina woke up when Nayeon was having make up. 
"Morning, Pengu-chan.. I am going to the office first.. Do you want to come with me or just stay here?" 

"I don't want to bother your working time.. I will visit you when it is lunch time... how about that?"

"That sounds perfect... Just go to my room at 11.30... you can continue resting now.." Nayeon kissed Mina's forehead and left for work.

At work, Nayeon worked happily and Momo noticed, "Happy now?"

"Oh yes, Mo! At least finally she knows the truth and she is not having a relationship with that bi*** anymore... we forgive each other..."

"Good then... I am so happy for you..." Momo said

"Thanks, Mo... you always be there when I am sad and hopeless..."

"That's what friends are for, right.."

They continue working until it is lunch time.

[Knock..Knock...] Mina knocked the door and came in.

"Hi, Mina... Please wait for a while... I need to email this CEO first.. You can sit down here first.." Nayeon led Mina to the couch and gave Mina water to drink.

"No problem, Nayeonnie.. finish your work first.."

Nayeon was back to her desk and typed the email. Then another person knocked.

[Knock..Knock...] "Come in..." Nayeon said without looking at the person coming.

Then she felt a kiss on her cheek, "Hi, darling..." Nayeon was so surprised. Mina also looked up to see who that person was.

"Sana!! What were you doing?" Nayeon stood up, feeling pissed.

"I miss you so much... you always decline my call... my lunch invitation... so I come here to ask you to have lunch together..." Sana pouted "You are so mean to me..."

"I am not mean... I told you I am married, right... don't waste your time for me..."

"That is a fake marriage... She does not love you, Nayeon... You will soon get divorce with her..." Sana insisted.

"Enough Sana,,,!! Go find another woman.." Nayeon was annoyed.

"No, I only want you..." Sana hugged Nayeon.

"Sana, let me go..." she struggled to let Sana go.

Mina felt jealous seeing that interaction. Not that she was angry to see someone hugged Nayeon, but now she could feel what Nayeon felt when she was with Chaeng. Mina stood up and left the room.

Nayeon noticed it and shouted, "Mina...wait...!" she let Sana go and chased Mina. 

Momo automatically held Sana so she would not interrupt Nayeon and Mina.

"Mina...wait..." she held Mina's wrist. "I can explain.."

"She is much better than me, Nayeonnie... you should be with her..." Mina said sadly.

"I will never choose her or anyone but YOU, Minari... I prefer to be a till I die rather than to be with someone else... Trust me, please..." Nayeon plead. "I have no feeling at all towards her.. She always chases me since last year, but I always say no..." Nayeon held both of Mina's hands... "I am yours only, Minariii.."

"Promise...?" Nayeon nodded.

"Let's go back and I will announce it to Sana..." Nayeon entertwined their hands and walked inside the office.

"Sana... this is Mina, my wife... and we are not going to get a divorce..because I love her so much" Nayeon said firmly but gently, without her notice, Mina was blushing so hard hearing the 3 magic words.

Sana was surprised, looking back and forth between Nayeon and Mina... "Youuu!! You steal Nayeon from me..." Sana pointed at Mina.

"Sana!" Nayeon swatted Sana's finger... "She is not stealing anything... I told you I cannot reciprocate your feeling... Can you please understand and find another woman?"

Sana sobbed, "I love you so much, Nay...."

"Sorry, Sana... but I do not feel the same... I want you to find someone that can love you... I believe you will meet that person..."

"I guess I am not invited here anymore... Bye, Nayeon..." Sana left the office. Nayeon asked Momo to comfort Sana.

"Haaiiissshhh...." Nayeon huffed. "That woman really...." Mina comforted Nayeon.

"Thank you for choosing me, Nayeon..." Mina said.

"You are not an option, Mina... It is never an option in my life... cause you are a certain person for me... the only pengu-chan..." Nayeon smiled.

*****

After the incident, they went out to have their lunch date. This time, Mina was not shy anymore. She linked her arm with Nayeon. Nayeon smiled seeing a bold Mina. OMG, Mina linked her arm with mine. Ooww what kind of feeling is this, why do I feel like this? I think my face is red right now. Momo did the same, but when it is Mina, I feel different. I can feel her warmth and her brush against my arm. Im Nayeon! Clear mind please! You are both girls and it is a common thing! No, it is not common when you are with a person that you love. Nayeon kept on smiling when they walked together.

"Why are you smiling?" Mina asked.

"Am I?" Nayeon chuckles. "Maybe because our arms are linked.." she said shyly.

"Yaa! You ert..." Mina slapped her arms playfully.

"It is okay to be a ert to your own wife, right..." Nayeon moved her eyebrows up and down.

"I don't want to link our arms anymore..." she pouted and acted like a child..

"Ooow my Minarriiii.... Okay, if you don't want, I am the one who will link the arm..." Nayeon did it. "Fair now?"

Mina smiles and nodded..."Hihihi.." her melodic laughs are Nayeon's favorite.

*****

They enjoyed their new relationship. They tried to forget the past and together they build their future together.