Chapter 1 - Hate this

Happiness

10 p.m.

The tall grand gate was opened automatically when their limousine arrived. It was a big mansion with a fountain in the middle of the garden. Two storeys mansion with some dim lights could be seen surrounded by trees that made it comfortable to live in it. 

The butler of the house opened the limousine's door and the gorgeous groom, Im Nayeon, stepped out from it, went to other side of the car to open the door of her angelic or demonic wife. Yep, it was their wedding day and they just finished the long cultural wedding ceremony and celebration. 

Im Mina came out gracefully from the car, smirked at her wife, smiled at the butler and entered the mansion followed by Nayeon. Not romantic at all.... Indeed! As they were married just because of the merger of both companies. NY Corp. and MM Tech. NO LOVE involved! Only business matter and it would only last for 3 months. So Im Nayeon and Im Mina just need to hang on for 3 months and this whole of hell would be done.

The mansion itself belonged to Nayeon. She bought it before the wedding and asked the best designer to decorate the new mansion. Though her real business was in America, she thought that having a house in Korea was not a bad idea. Korea was still her hometown after all.

Mina entered one of the master bedrooms that Nayeon had provided with all the mint color according to Mina's preference. She took a quick shower, wore a comfy attire and headed out of her room. Nayeon was still at the living room, sipping some champagne to ease her thoughts a little bit.

"Where are you going?" Nayeon asked.

"To my girlfriend's, of course..." Mina coldly replied.

"It is already 10.30 p.m. Mina.. Can you just meet her tomorrow morning?" 

"Why you care? You are not my real wife..." she spat. "So do not try to control me EVER!" Mina was angry and left Nayeon dumbfounded.

She drove her sport car to go to her regular bar to meet Chaeyoung, a lowkey DJ at the bar who always accompany Mina when she was not feeling good. They had been dating for 4 years and they found comfort from each other. Chaeyong is slightly younger than Mina, but she is cute and funny and could make Mina forget about her problems. So, Mina often spends her time at the bar and sometimes stay over Chaeyoung small apartment.

That night, of course, one of the worst night for Mina, as she had to marry a girl who she did not know and everything happened in a blink of an eye, and she could not refuse her Dad's request, and it was worth for saving her Dad's company. 

[BoOm! BOoM!] Loud music was heard from the entrance of the bar and Mina saw her girlfriend was doing her job at the center stage. She waved at her to signal her presence. She went to the VIP room to wait for Chaeyoung. She ordered pina colada to lower her temper and to loosen some nerves.

In an hour, Chaeyoung finished DJ-ing and headed directly to the VIP room. She hugged Mina from the back and gave wet kisses on her neck. "Hey, princess...sorry for waiting too long..." she kept pempering Mina with kisses. "I am gonna make you happy tonight...forget everything that happened today..." Mina nodded and deepened the kisses on the lips. 

In that VIP Room, they had . They made love on the day of her fake wedding with Nayeon!

*****

While at the mansion, Nayeon stared blankly at the night sky from her balcony. She sighed heavily thinking about all this event happened in her life. How life could be turned easily and messily not according to her imagination. She tried to accept the reality that for the next 3 months, she needed to be Mina's legal wife, helping the company to rise again and after that she could go back to America, to her best friends and her free life there. Thinking about feeling, she needed to be ready with all Mina's cold demenours. She knew exactly that her younger wife hated her so much, not because of the marriage, but because of her Dad's sudden decision and it ruined Mina's plans and Mina's reputation. She needed to pretend to be a good wife in front of others. Personally, she did not have any issue with Mina...she found her pretty, smart and soft inside...but when it came to Nayeon, she hid those and acted differently, cold and y.

Nayeon had a warm bath and she was ready on her fluffy bed. She wrote her diary before turning the lights off.

3 a.m.

[Door opened] Mina was home and Nayeon heard it. Nayeon peeped from her door and saw a tipsy Mina coming home from the bar. She did not confront her and just let it passed. Who was she anyway? Only a fake wife! She would take care of it in the morning. Knowing that Mina came back home safely was enough for Nayeon as her Dad-in-law asked her help to take care of Mina.

*****

In the morning, Nayeon was ready with her office attire, looking elegant and classsy. She was about to have breakfast, but she decided to check on Mina, since they had to go to MM Tech together to officialize the merger contract. 

[Knock! Knock!] No answer.

Nayeon opened the door and saw Mina was still sleeping with open, shoes were not taken off and smelled like alcohol. She tapped her shoulder to wake her up. "Mina....Mina...wake up!! We had to go to the office in an hour.." Mina slightly opened her eyes and grunted.

"Come on, get up and take a shower.. I have provided the soup and aspirin for your headache.." Nayeon tapped her more.

"Stop touching me! I know I have to get up!" Mina shouted and made Nayeon shocked and retrieved her hand from her shoulder.

"Okay, I will be waiting downstair to have breakfast together." she left Mina.

What an ungrateful creature. I saved your company willingly and this is what I get in returned. Patience, Im Nayeon, patience! Three months, HWAITING!! 

Mina went down to join Nayeon. They sat at the opposite direction and it was deadly silent. They did not communicate at all, not even a glance. They finished the breakfast and headed to their car. Nayeon drove the car gently and they arrived at the office on time. 

****

"Good morning, Mrs. Im!"

"Good morning, Mrs. Im!" the workers bowed and greeted their newlywed boss. 

"Arm?" Nayeon whispered, offering her arm to Mina to pretend their happy marriage life. Mina wanted to roll her eyes so badly but she could not do that. She sighed and linked her arm to Nayeon. 

"Good morning, everyone... Happy working!" Nayeon replied with her big smile on her face. It made Mina more irritated that before. How she pretended so well in this fake marriage.

They both walked to the elevator to reach the highest floor where the meeting would be held. Mr. Myoui had been waiting for their presence. Once they entered the lift, Mina automatically losened the grip and untangled her arm. 

Is it that bad to link an arm with me? Nayeon felt offended but just kept it inside her heart. She was the one who needed to understand Mina's condition.

[Ding!] The elevator's door was opened and they inhaled exhaled deeply before opening the meeting room. Mina linked her arm again to put up a show in front of her Dad.

"Oh, finally you come..." Mr. Myoui hugged Mina and then hugged Nayeon. "Sorry to disturb your honeymoon time, but we have to finalize the deal today and I promise I will not interrupt your time again." he said warmly.

"We take everything slowly, Dad," Nayeon replied to save Mina's face too.

"Oh how I wish your wedding won't over in 3 months. I will be very happy if Mina is in good hands as I promised your Dad, Nayeon... Your Dad was my best friend but I did not have the chance to meet him again.." Mr. Myoui sobbed a little bit.

"Hey, Dad,,, don't think about it too much... everything will be okay.." Nayeon tried to sooth him.

"Yes, Dad... don't be sad... I will be doing good.." Mina replied with a lie.

"I am so relieved that you are not with that DJ girl anymore..."

"Dad! Don't!" Mina threatened.

"Okay, okay...let's get to business..." Nayeon said to stop the further quarrel between father and daughter.

[Signing contract] Hereby I declared the merger of NY Corp and MM Tech. Hopefully we can build this empire as the best company in Korea. Mr. Myoui and Im Nayeon shaked their hands and the news was out at the national TV channel.

****

Mr. Myoui left the building and the newlywed couple started to work together at the CEO room. 

There were two big office desks with plate CEO IM NAYEON and CEO IM MINA. They sat on their respective chairs, activated their computers and worked. In a couple of minutes, a secretary came in and brought 2 cups of coffee for the CEOs.

They worked diligently and without they realized, it was almost lunch time. Mina suddenly asked, "How to solve this problem?"

"Eh, you asked me?" Nayeon was surprised.

"Yes, who else? Only you are the only one in this room. Quickly help me!" she ordered.

This brat!

"Okay,, which one, dear wife?" Nayeon lowered her gaze to Mina's computer screen.

"Language, please..." she reminded her.

"Oops...sorry..sorry.." Nayeon lifted up both her hands, surrendering. Then she read the case and thought for a while. After that, Nayeon gave the best solution for Mina's case. She explained in details and Mina paid close attention to it cause she thought the faster she solved the problem, the faster Nayeon would be gone from her life.

"Thanks!" she mumbled.

"You are welcome, dear..." Nayeon patted Mina's head in a reflect and Mina swatted her hand.

"DON'T DEAR ME!" Mina said coldly. Nayeon went back to her chair feeling sad. Why was she so rude? She sighed and back to work before deciding her lunch.

[Knock! Knock!] "Coming!" Mina replied.

With all the confidence, Chaeyoung stepped in the CEO Room. Wearing black T-shirt, jeans, boots, some piercings on her ears, short blonde hair, she greeted Mina, "Hi, babe...! Ready for lunch?" she kissed Mina's cheek. Mina was shocked a bit because she was not used to this action when there was Nayeon at that room, and Chaeyoung did not notice her presence.

"Ehm..Ehm.. Hi, Babe... Here is Nayeon, the official partner of my company," Mina introduced her to Nayeon. 

Nayeon looked at Chaeyoung with wide eyes, scanning her from head to toe, but maintained her normal behavior as she did not want to make Mina angry anymore. "Oh, Hi, I am Im Nayeon, Mina's partner," she offered her hands and Chaeyoung gladly received.

"Wow... so this is your fake wife, huh, babe? I am Chaeyoung,,,Mina's girlfriend.." she smirked, feeling proud to have Mina as her girlfriend. While Nayeon felt irritated and burnt inside her heart. How come Mina choose this kind of girl to be her girlfriend? No wonder Mr. Myoui againsts this relationship.

"Yes... let's head out, Chae... I am hungry.." Mina took Chaeyoung wrist and dragged her out.

****

Nayeon sat on her comfy chair, holding her heart. Damn, it feels so hurt. Please give me strength to fullfil this mission. Mina's happiness is my top priority. If she is happy with that lowkey girl, then so be it. It is not my right to control her life. There is no feeling involved. Stick to the plan, Im Nayeon. Help this company and you can come back to US soon. Momo, Tzuyu and Sana are waiting there. Remembering her best friends made her smile.