The One Where We Actually Met

Seven Days to For(n)ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 15, 2015 | Reve Auditorium

 

It was the night of Joohyun’s graduation. Everythingthat happened the last four years led to this finale. In her short black dress, stilettos, pieces of jewelries, and an already half messy bun. The after graduation party started an hour ago and honestly she isn’t enjoying herself that much but still, she chose to stay with her friends since this is the last party in her college life.

 

The party started with a program, a few speeches from the batch’s representative and laudes; to which she is one. It was followed by a rave party as a party starter. Stand up tables are scattered everywhere, each filled with graduate students in their own circle downing each shot and the free flowing drinks.

 

Now, Joohyun might be stuck up and other people might have known her as somewhat aloof in the social scene, her friends would say otherwise. Since Joohyun herself knows how to have fun and tonight definitely would be one; or at least that’s what she initially planned before her best friend has been swept away by the crowd on the dance floor.And that’s the reason she found herself in an empty table casually drinking her cocktail, eyes boring on each sides of the auditorium trying to find her friends.

 

“Gosh Joohyun! Don’t tell me you’ve been drinking your cocktail like a lonesome aunt of the party.” Joy shouted rising above the loud music while yanking Joohyun over her shoulders. “Dumbhead, I’ve been looking for you for over 30 mins! And where’s Byul? I thought WE are having fun tonight?” Joohyun retorted, raising one of her eyebrows. “Grandma, the last time I checked YOU don’t actually need us at a party. It’s the last for college. Joohyun go get yourself a hookup or something and Byul I think she’s with her girlfriend. I saw them dancing earlier.” Joohyun shook her head in disapproval well, not on the part that she doesn’t really need them at a party because Joohyun has always been able to meet people in a party when she wants to but tonight she just thought of spending it solely with her friends.

 

Few minutes later the couple returned to their table tired from dancing. They filled up their bellies for the long night and talked about the memories they had in Reve and their future plans. Not that they haven’t shared it with each other yet. Infact, they had planned it together pretty much living all together since they got accepted into their preferred companies which are pretty near to each other. “See, Joohyun, you don’t need to spend your night with us.We’ll be together for long. Have fun and meet people around. Just don’t leave a string here at Reve” Byul , to which she replied with an eye roll and a few slaps on the arm. The night went further in, they were busy playing some drinking game at their table, now joined with their other friends and some other new acquaintances, which surprised her since she never really saw them around the university.

 

They heard the rave music stop and their eyes shifted on the stage, seeing a band set up their instruments while the vocalist (or she guesses) did an introduction spiel saying congratulations to the whole batch and dedicating their set for the night. The crowd pretty much became calmed, listening to the playing band, casually bobbing their heads to the beat.Some went to rest on their tables casually drinking, some filled up for the next rave lineup after the band, but most of them were wild. Joohyun had to place her hands over her ears every time there were loud shouts and squeals over the crowd. “That’s Wendy. She’s a sophomore, Architecture major.” Joy whispered to her, eyes fixed on the blonde up the stage. Joohyun turned to Joy with a questioning look, “Okay? But who asked?” Joy rolled her eyes and sighed, “Joohyun, I knew you ever since we were nine and I know you have the hots for the vocalist from the way you stare at her even before you realize it yourself.” She stared at joy in disbelief and eventually let out a scoff. “Yeah, whatever Joy.”

 

A couple of songs later, the mood of the songs shifted into a much more mellow tone and one by one the once abandoned dance floor was gradually filled as the vocalist invited the students on the floor. Soon enough, her friends got whisked away to the dance floor. Not that no one tried to ask her, it’s just that she doesn’t really feel like dancing. But a tap on her shoulder broke her peace, she turned her head to look to whom the hand belonged to. “Jisoo” She gave her a smile. “I believe you promised me a dance, Ms. Bae” Jisoo said, extending an arm to her with a smile that reached her eyes. Jisoo is a childhood friend; their family has been tied to even before they were born having their parents being best friends. Just months ago, Jisoo took the initiative to break off the impending marriage between them, knowing full well that Joohyun doesn’t really have t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter