The One Where We Almost Met

Seven Days to For(n)ever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 23, 2014 | Reve University

 

Seungwan groans as her best friend ties the blindfold from behind her. What is she even doing here when she’s an Architecture major? Right, since most of her friends from high school including her best friend is a Psych major and she herself advocates for mental health awareness, she’s an honorary member of the initiative club.

 

Today is their annual mental health initiative where they stand in different parts of the campus offering free hugs with bond paper hanging on their front and back and what she has for this year is “If all else fails, my free hugs won’t.”.

 

“Seul, I hope you know that if you abandon me again like last year I’d definitely kick you out of the apartment.” She snickered, touching the blindfold trying to fix it in accordance to her comfort. Last year, Seulgi ditched her mid-way of her time all for the students to hug her. It is in their policy that at least one member is within the vicinity to make sure that the blindfolded member is safe and won’t be taken for granted but alas, her best friend got distracted over a new taco stand in the food area of the fest and decided to ditch her for a while leaving her swamped with people hugging her. “Don’t blame me, it’s not my fault you're recognizable even when you’re blindfolded. Your fans sure know you, Miss Seungwan.” Seulgi rebutted, finally taking her hand as she guided her to her post. Last year, Seungwan aside from being already known to be one of the prettiest in the campus, has become more famous as she joined the campus band and since then, a lot of people would fangirl/boy over her.


 

“And, we’re here. Now, It isn’t crowded yet as it’s just 8am and people are probably still in class so don’t worry about fans flocking over you.I’ll be on the other side so the person hugging you will not be awkward okay? Be the olaf that you are and give warm hugs!” Seulgi said and pinched her nose, “argh! Butthead!” she whined as she scratched her nose.

 

Seungwan stood in her post, leaning her weight on one foot after the other. She can still vividly see her surroundings as the blindfold is a bit thin but not enough for her to recognize faces. A little over a few mins a person comes in for a hug one by one, she wouldn’t say there’s too many since she still gets down time in between. Don’t get her wrong she likes what she does but sometimes, there’s fans that recognize her and stay for a really long time hence taking too much that she can’t offer anymore hugs to others who need it.

 

After a little over an hour, she heard her wrist-watch beep, indicating that she’s done for her first schedule for today since she still needs to attend her class. Lifting her right hand in an attempt to rid her blindfold, a pair of warm arms slowly engulf her. Compared to the ones she received earlier, this hug seems to be different. It feels like it was out of urgent necessity despite how slow the arms made their way around her body, it’s still

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter