Bitter Sweet

Sing Me A Song

RYEOWOOK'S POV

RyeoWook noticed thye dark boy didn't come to school for a whole month. Did he manage to scare him off by accident?
On the 4th week JonGWoon had been missing, RyeoWook found himself on the roof everyday after school, hoping to run into JungSu to seek help, but the elder wasn't there.

The beginning of the 5th week, RyeoWook lost hope in talking to the elder, but he still sat on the ledge of the roof, fidning it relaxing up there.
It was quiet except for the soft rustle of tree leaces when the wind blew by on the roof.
RyeoWook inhaled deeply, enjoying this relaxing moment, when a voice spoke up.
"Did my suggestion work?"
RyeoWook jumped and nearly fell off the ledge, (the cement sidewalk was 6 stories down) but luckily, someone grabbed the back of his shirt, helping him regain his balance again.
"You scared me!" RyeoWook squeaked, clutching at his chest where his heart rate picked up by the scare. "Can't you learn to walk and greet someone like a normal human being?!"
"You'll get used to it." JungSu shrugged, not bothering to apologize as he jumped up onto the ledge.
RyeoWook huffed in frustration, crossing his arms over his chest.
"So......did it work?" JungSu asked, tossing a beer at RyeoWook who caught it clumsily again because his arms were originally crossed,.
RyeoWook sighed and shook his head, opening the can and watched it fizz over a little. "I think..........I think he's avoiding me now, thanks to you."
JungSu chuckled lightly as he pulled out a cigarette, and lit it. "he's not avoiding you." JungSu said, smiling to himself proudly as he took a drag, and exhaled. "he's just trying to understand."
RyeoWook frowned when he inhaled the smoke by accident. "How do you even get those?! You're only like.......what? 17?" RyeoWook coughed, referring to the cigarettes and alcohol.
"As I said, little one, I have my ways." JungSu shrugged, taking another drag.
RyeoWook sighed and took a small sip of alcohol. JungSu was way too weird to question.
"But.........Why would he not come to school then? it doesn't take a whole month to understand something....." RyeoWook asked quietly.
"he's afraid." JungSu said, stubbing out the cugarette, and opene dhis own can of beer.
"Afraid? Afraid of what? Me?!" RyeoWook asked.
JungSu sighed and pressed his face into the palm of his hands as if he expected RyeoWook too actually know.
RyeoWook blushed. He knew he doesn't think very deeply even though he's really smart, but when it comes to feelings, he's clueless.
"He's afraid of hurting you again, idiot! You think you'd know by now! Even though he may look cold and heartless, he has feelings, and he can think, and control his emotions. JongWoon's an interesting boy. He cares about other's more than himself. That's why he gets picked on so easily by other's." JungSu said, sipping at the alcohol.
RyeoWook bit down at his lower lip. SO RyeoWook had been yelling at him wrongly. RyeoWook had been misunderstanding him the whole time. JongWoon wasn't being a coward for not fighting back. He was afraid of hurting other's if he defended himself, even though it clearly hurt himself more.

"I sure hope you put the water bottle to good use. It plays a big role." JungSu said, grinning to himself. "JongWoon just needs to be reminded that there's more to life." JungSu smiled, interrupting RyeoWook's thoughts.
RyeoWook nodded once. "Yeah. But how did you know I would need it?"
JungSu opened his mouth to reply, only to be interrupted by RyeoWook, answering for him.
"Yeah, we know. 'You have your ways'." the younger sighed.
JungSu raised an eyebrow in amusement. "No actually." he chuckled. "I was about to say, that I know what people want and need. Just like the beer you have in hand."
RyeoWook glanced down at the half full can he had in hand. It was true though. RyeoWook wanted the light numbness of alcohol.

"you're too wise and smart to be 17." Ryeowook muttered.
"Oh, but I am 17. That's why I'm known as 'Ange;" or "LeeTeuk(special)' or, just for fun, 'Old Man.'" JungSu shrugged.
"I think I like LeeTeuk better." Ryeowook said, staring at the elder oddly. "Should I.......Should I try to find him, and talk to him?"
"Find him? Mmmm........No. He'll come to you. Eventually." JungSu said, finsihing the remaing liquor, and crumpled the can easily again.
"and...........what makes you think he will come?" RyeoWook questioned, watching as the elder slide off the ledge and grab his backpack.
"I don't think he will, I knnow he Will." JungSu sighed."Oh, and by the way, you'll want this." jungSu said, tossing something at Ryeowook again.
Ryeowook quickly caught it, and looked down at it.
A lollipop.
RyeoWook looked up questioningly at Jungsu to see the elder standing by the door to the stairs already. It was like he magically transported himself there.
"Why do I need a lollipop?! Am I supposed to whack him upside the head with it?!" RyeoWok asked, horrified at the mere thought.
JungSu face palmed again. "I said you'll want it. Not need it. If you did that, He wouldn't be just physically injured, he'd be mentally injured by you. Poor thing." JungSu said, rolling his eyes. "A young boy like you shouldn't have such bitter thoughts. Having a little sweetness in life is amazing. It's not good for your health to have such bitter thoughts."
"well, nor are candy." RyeoWook muttered matter of factly, sticking the lollipop into his white hoodie pocket as he slid off the ledge.
JungSu's cheek twitched a little as he tried not to roll his eyes again. "You're very welcome, little one."
"Sorry. Thanks.: Ryeowook muttered, blushing lightly again. "As I said, I'm socially awkward." RyeoWook sighed, but the elder just wave dhim off.
"I wish you luck, Kim RyeoWook." JungSu said with a small smirk,a nd disappeared behind the door.

Ryeowook sighed and turned around to grab his won backpack, and as expected, the cigarette butts and beer can, disappeared just like it's previous owner.

 


 

RyeoWook walked down the somewhat empty halls of the school after school the next day, towards the roof again.
He sighed quietly to himself as he stared down at the floor as he was walking, when he ran into someone. It was a very light bump, but the bump caused Ryeowook to fall back and sprawl across the tiled floor, considwering the fact that eh ahd horrible balance issures.
RyeoWook huffed angrily and glared up at whoever ran into him, to see JongWoon.
"Why do every time I see you, I literally run into you?!" Ryeowook snapped, completely forgetting about what Jungsu had told him the other day.
RyeoWook saw JongWoon hang his head down shamefully, and stared down at the floor as Ryeowook got up from the floor.
RyeoWook huffed in frustration again, and turned to walk away, but after two steps, he was stopped by a voice.
"w-wait! I-I think y-you dropped this.....""
Ryeowook spun around to see Jongwoon holding up something colorful. (which was an odd contrast, considering the fact that Jongwoon was wearing all black again)
It was a lollipop. Or to be specific, the lollipop JungSu gave him.
But RyeoWook remembered clearly, that he left it by his bed side.
RyeoWook looked up from the lollipop in JongWoon's hand, and looked past the dark boy, down the hall, to see JungSu leaning coolly against some lockers, smiling mysteriously at RyeoWook.

RyeoWook swallowed nervously, and slwoly took it from Jongwoon just as jongwoon turned to look at what ryeowook was staring at, but the dark boy saw nothing, but an empty, crumpled beer can, laying in the middle fo the empty hall.
the dark boy watched as RyeoWook put the candu into hsi jacket pocket, before speaking quietly.
"I'm sorry for ignoring you the other day. JongWoon muttered.
RyeoWook's head snapped up at the sudden apology, his own soft brown eyes meeting the cold, silver ones.
"I'm sorry." JongWoon repeated wuietly again.
RyeoWook blinked three times, before smiling. "It's alright. I should've minded my own business anyways."
JongWon just shrugged. "You weren't intruding into anything too personal."
"You should talk more." RyeoWook said shyly, changing the awkard subject.
Jongwoon looke ddown at the younger questioningly.
"You have a unique voice. I liek it." RyeoWook smiled.
RyeoWook's smiled widened when he saw a light blush come across the elder's extremyl pale, but bruised and scratched cheeks.
"Could we.......could we be friends again?" RyeoWook asked hopefully, grabbing JongWoon;'s sleeve lightly with two delicate fingers, and tugged lightly.
JongWoon hesitated for a moment, still afraid of being hurt, but nodded once,
RyeoWook grinned, and gently slid his hands into the other's small hands.
"Are you busy right now? I want to ahng out with you." teh younger said eagerly.
"I-I......uh........no." Jongwoon stuttered, surprised by how straight forward this boy was.
"Good!" RyeoWook said quickly, and started pulling JongWoon somewhere.
"wh-where're you taking me?" The dark boy asked as he stumbled along behind the younger.
"My faborite alone place!" RyeoWook exclaimed happily.
"If I'm coming.....how is that still alone then?" the elder questioned matter of factly.
RyeoWook stopped and thought about it for a moment.
"You're right! Well then, my favorite place to be when I'm bored. Happy? Good."
The younger walked around JongWoon and pushed him forward from behind, steering him towards the stairs to the roof of the school.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
here's a fracking long chapter for y'all. I hope cute RyeoWook, dark JongWoon and myteriously angelic JungSu is catching all fo your attentions!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please leave comments! they encourage me to continue this story ♥

 

excuse funny typing please. this was typed hastily.