Painful Memories

Sing Me A Song

YESUNG'S POV

Jongwoon moved slightly, before his eyes fluttered open slowly, but quickly screwed them shut again when blinding white lights filled his vision.
tears stung at his half-lidded eyes as he tried to adjust to the brightness.

“ah, you’re finally awake.” A girl’s voice said softly.

“Where am I?” Jongwoon asked in a raspy, dry voice as his eyes slowly trued to focus, but only succeeded in doubling everything in sight.

“You don’t remember? You’re at the hospital right now, and you’ve been in a coma for 3 months now.”

3 months?!” Jongwoon choked out, and immediately sat up, but regretted it when a pounding head ache occurred.
he winced and brought his hand up slowly to massage his temple as he took in everything in sight when his eyes finally focused.

“Yup.  3 months. I’m going to fetch the doctor to check you up, and inform your family and friends, alright?” the nurse said as she set a clipboard down.

Jongwoon nodded once before the nurse left.
He glanced down to see a stuffed giraffe tucked snuggly in the crook of his arm.
He frowned slightly and picked it up.
It looked familiar……very familiar, but he couldn’t quite put a finger on it.

Jongwoon hugged it tightly and sighed.
For some reason, the stuffed toy showed some sort of comfort to him as he tried to figure out how he got into the hospital, and was stuck in a three month coma.
But whenever he tried to think too hard on things, all he saw was white blankness, and then a pounding headache would occur again.

“Kim Jongwoon, how are you feeling?” A doctor walked in with a separate clipboard, staring at the younger questioningly.

“Fine, I’m just……confused.” Jongwoon frowned, gently snuggling the giraffe closer.

“That was a pretty bad head injury.” The doctor said sympathetically as he approached the side of Jongwoon’s bed.

“I feel like……I’m forgetting something. Something important.” Jongwoon whispered.

The doctor’s expression changed. “Do you remember how you got into the hospital, or where you were before you came here?”

Jongwoon’s brows furrowed together in concentration, but then he gave up and shook his head when his head threatened to hurt again.

“It seems like you’ve-“

“JONGWOON!” Someone yelled, interrupting the doctor just as the room door burst open, revealing an ecstatic boy. “You’re awake!”

Jongwoon jumped in surprise when the stranger suddenly tackled him into a bone crushing hug.
The elder’s eyes widened and he had an internal battle of punching the boy, or just pushing him away.
Jongwoon looked up at the doctor beggingly, wanting to be released from the boy’s death grip, but the doctor just gave him a sympathetic look.

Jongwoon set his hand s upon the younger’s slender shoulder’s, and pushed him back.

The boy looked up at Jongwoon in surprise and confusion.

“J-Jongwoon, it’s me. Ryeowook.” The boy, so called Ryeowook, reached up towards the elder, but the dark boy flinched and leaned away.

Who is this stranger? Why is he so intimate and informal to me? Jongwoon thought as he scooted further away.”Who are you? I don’t know you.” He said aloud.

“I-I’m RyeoWook, Jongwoon. You’re……..friend.” the younger stammered, but the hesitation before ‘friend’ made the elder realize they were more than just friends.

“Friend? I don’t have friends. And I don’t know a Ryeowook.” Jongwoon said quietly, leaning further away, finding the bright aura around the boy disturbing.
It was true, Jongwoon hated making friends. They would always leave him, abandoning him with another broken heart.

“Wh-What’ wrong with him?! Why doesn’t he remember me?!” the young boy cried out to the doctor.

Jongwoon frowned when Ryeowook spoke as if he wasn’t there.

“I’m sitting right here.” He grumbled defensively. Not that they would care. Jongwoon thought to himself.
Nobody acknowledges Kim Jongwoon.

The doctor explained something briefly to the younger, but Jongwoon was surprised when the younger seemed to break down from the information.

“Jongwoon, do you really not remember me?” the boy asked quietly when the doctor finished speaking.

“Yes.” The dark boy responded back exasperatedly. He really didn’t know who this stranger was.
He’s never heard of the name Ryeowook. Or has he……?
“How do you not know my name? How did I get into the hospital? Who are you?!” The elder asked, wanting some answers.

“I’m Kim Ryeowook, and we were best friends.” Ryeowook whispered quietly.

“I have no friends though. I don’t want any friend. They always leave me.” Jongwoon muttered sadly as he felt the familiar ache in his heart from loneliness, and curled up tighter.

“But you could trust me, Jongwoon. You trusted me. You enjoyed being with me.” RyeoWook said quietly, almost desperately.

Jongwoon looked up briefly, and his eyes met thing younger’s soft, brown, doe-like eyes.
The elder didn’t notice the younger slowly reach up, until the boys fingers gently brushed against his cheek. The touch was warm, and comforting. So familiar…….

Jongwoon strained to remember everything, but winced when a flash of pain went through his mind.

“I-I don’t know you. I’ve never seen you before in my life.” He said quickly, slapping the other’s hand away.

“How come? Of course you’ve seen me before! Many times! I know everything about you!” Ryeowook squeaked, before going on a long rant on every secret Jongwoon had.

Jongwoon curled up tighter in fear. A stranger’s not supposed to know so much about him!

“Go away. I don’t know you.” He whimpered.

“Jongwoon, please don’t be afraid. I promise I won’t hurt you.” The boy said, reaching up towards the elder again.

Jongwoon flinched away again, not want6ing to be touched in anyway intimate.
“Go away!” he yelled.
It hurt to think. Really bad.
It feels as if he’s supposed to know RyeoWook, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t remember.

Ryeowook slid up onto the bed, causing the elder to whimper and cowered away.

The boy suddenly wrapped his arms around the scared patient, surprising the latter.
The boy’s lips started gently moving across his face, whispering soft, comforting words to him, and the elder shivered from the familiar lips, until the lips were pressed against his own.

Jongwoon gasped but the boy urged the elder on, and deepened the kiss.

The kiss was so familiar.
The sweet taste and the movements of the soft lips were like a small memory etched into the elder’s mind.
Why was it so familiar?!

Unwillingly, Jongwoon accidentally let out a small sound of satisfaction, feeling the warm lips against his won, finding soft, comfort in the small exchange.
His hands slid up to the younger’s chest hesitantly, wanting to remember more, but as he did so, a flash of pain jolted through his body, causing Jongwoon to shove the younger away and brought him back to reality.

“No! Go away! I don’t know you!” the elder yelled as he clenched his eyes shut, wanting the pain to go away, clutching at his po9unding head with both hands.

“No, Jongwoon, please! You know me! Remember! Please try to remember!” RyeoWook begged, reaching forward again, but Jongwoon let out a frightened sob and swatted the younger’s hands away.

“Go away! I don’t know you! Go away!” Jongwoon screamed, picking up the pillow up from next to him, and hurled it at the younger.
He didn’t know what else to say, but that was all his heart was screaming at him to do.

“No, Woonie! Please!” Ryeowook cried desperately.

“GO AWAY!!!” Jongwoon screamed, knocking stuff off the nightstand next to his hospital bed and threw them at the boy.
He was in hysterics and he knew it, but he also knew that the memories would be painful once he remembered.
He didn’t want any more pain.
It was hard to bare.

A couple of nurses rushed into the room from hearing the large racket there patient was making, and one of them managed to drag a struggling Ryeowook out of the room.

The other two nurses quickly went over to their hysterical patient, trying to calm him down.
In the end, they gave him a shot, that made him fall asleep almost immediately, with much difficulty after Jongwoon tried to push them away angrily too.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry I didn't update yesterday ^^

Anyhoo....
New chapter for you! And another one coming later today probably :)

 

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS!