Understanding

Sing Me A Song

RYEOWOOK'S POV

RyeoWook snuffled as he sat on the ledge on the school's roof.
How come JongWoon didn't remember their incident in the gym?
It was barely even a week ago.
JongWoon seemed so nice and willing to be his friend that day, but now, he ahd completely built a brick wall around himself, and that hurt little Wookie.

"What's with people up here lately?" A voice sighed.
RyeoWook sniffled, and turned towards the voice, to see someone leaning against the ledge with a lit cigarette in hand.
RyeoWook tilted his head slightly in curiosity, recognizing himas one of the elder poor kids at his school.
"smokings bad for you." was all RyeoWook said in response, crinkling his nose in disgust.
The elder just shrugged and gave the younger a single dimpled smile.
RyeoWook had to admit that the boy was actually quite handsome,w ith a nicely built body.
"What brings you here, little one?" the elder asked, dropping thje finished cigarette on the ground and stepping it out.
RyeoWook didn't reply and just watched the other pull out another cigarette, and offere one to RyeoWook, but RyeoWook just responded with:
"Smokings bad for you."
Again.

"Right. Forgot about how you rich people are about 'health." the elder muttered, raising an eyebrow in amusement to himself.
"What brings you here?" he repeated, pulling out a lighter.
"Nothing." RyeoWook muttered.
"Nothing? Fine. Then what's your name, rich one?"
"RyeoWook. Kim RyeoWook."
"Hm. RyeoWook. Cute name. I'm JungSu. Park JungSu." The elder smiled.

RyeoWook just stared at him oddly for a moment, but then looked back away.
"You seem.......depressed." JungSu said, trying to start a conversation.
"Like anyone would care if I am or not." The younger scoffed.
"What if....I said I do?" JungSu asked, taking a long drag from his cigarette.
"Do you?" RyeoWook asked. He did need someone to talk to.
"Sure." JungSu shrugged, leaning back against the ledge. "care to tell me what's wrong now?"
RyeoWook turned to look at him, and studied the elder a little, before answering.
"There's this guy, so nice, but he's so lonely, and he seems so........... He seems so......bipolar....." he sighed.
"Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't." JungSu muttered, taking another drage.
"You're not helping." RyeoWook grumbled.
"Sorry." jungSu sighed, dropping the second cigarette, and stepped it out like the first
"Have you tried.........looking from his point of view?" JungSu asked, also jumping up to sit on the ledge.
:His point of view? What do you mean?"
"Have you tried to ask, or see why, he's avoiding people?"
"N-No." RyeoWook admitted.
JungSu sighed,a nd scooted clsoer, btu far enough to be a comfortable distance away from the younger.
"What do you know about him?" JungSu asked, reaching into his backpack that ws leaning against the ledge that RyeoWook hadn't seen until now.
"How'd you manage to smuggle that in?!" RyeoWook asked as JungSu pulled out two beers, and offered him one.
"I have my ways.: JungSu shrugged and grinned. "Now, answer my question."
RyeoWook took the beer graetfully from him. He would never smoke, but a little alcohol wouldn't hurt.
"He's so.......quiet. but dark." ryeoWook sighed, opening the can. "But he seems so nice and sweet when he does talk." he took a small sip, and cringed at the flavor. He wasn't used to drinking, but he liked the numbness you could get from it.
"You're not talking about,..........Kim JongWoon, are you?" JungSu asked, glancing at the younger questioningly.
RyeoWook looked over at the elder with wide eyes. 'How'd you know?!"
JungSu chuckled lightly. "Who else is dark besides him? Anyways, we also had a little......chat, before."
"Oh." the younger muttered, now feeling utterly stupid.
"Have you ever thought......that he might be afraid of being hurt?" JungSu asked.
"Hurt? What do you mean?"
"JongWoon's a fragile, but strong man." The elder sighed, taking a sip from his own drink. 'he's been hurt many times. Physically, and mentally."
"and.......?"
"and so he's afraid of ever becoming clsoe to anyone, incase they ever leave him, which will literally tear him apart if that ever happened." JungSu said, matter of factly.
RyeoWook gnawed at his lower lip. The elder's words sounded really true.
JongWoon did seem to be the type of guy with insecurities.
"What if.........I want to help him? Become his friend?" RyeoWook asked nervously.
"Well, how did you approach him the first time?"
"I just..........went up to him, and grabbed his hand." RyeoWook said, as if that wasn't weird at all.
JungSu suddenly spewed a mouthful of beer out when those words escaped the younger's lips.
"You what?! No wonder he left you!" JungSu exclaimed, wiping his mouth with his sleeve.
RyeoWook blushed and stared down at his lap shamefully. "I know. I'm socially awkward alright?"
JungSu sighed, looking over at the troubled boy. "Try approaching him differently."
"how though?" RyeoWook asked, furrowing his brows together in concentration as he stared down at his beer can.
"Like....... I don't know. Speek your feelings out. Hemight find soemthing siliar with you, so he could actually talk and bond freelly. He just needs someone to understand him." JungSu suggested.
"Speak my feelings out?" RyeoWook muttered quietly to himself.
JungSu just nodded as he finished the rest of his drink.
"Do you think it'll work?" RyeoWook asked as he watched the elder easily crumple the can with one hand.
"Don't think it. Hope it that it works." JungSu sighed, jumping off the ledge. "JongWoon's a man of deep thoughts. Look at things from his view, and you'll understand him." The elder said, swinging his backpack over his shoulder's, and walking towards the door as he spoke without looking back at RyeoWo9ok.
RyeoWook sighed and slid off the ledge, putting everything JungSu had just told him, together.
"Oh, and by the way." The elder called out by the door, making RyeoWook look up from the ground.
"You'll need this." jungSu said, as he tossed something towards RyeoWook.
RyeoWook caught it clumsily.
A water bottle.
He looked up at the elder questioningly.
"If he doesn't under stand, help him understand." JungSu hinted. He gave RyeoWook another dashing, single dimpled smile, and siappared behind the door.
"w-wait! What do you mean?!"  RyeoWook yelled, quickly running after the other with the water bottle in ahnf.
RyeoWook stepped through the door a mere second after him, but JungSu was nowhere in sight. He couldn't even hear any footsteps descending the stairs down from the roof.
That's odd.
RyeoWook shivered, and quickly walked back towards the ledge to grab his backpack.
There were no evidence of JungSu ever being on the roof. The crumpled beer can and cigarette butts magically disapppeared. Even the smell of smoke and the ashes of the cigarettes were gone.
Really Odd.
The only sign of ever talking to JungSu, was the water bottle RyeoWook held.
Was this the Angel JongWoon mentioned?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh Hey look! Another Chappie that's MUCH longer!
I Hope you guys are enjoying  this so far! :D