Chapter 1

Mom, I'm on Television!

Chan couldn’t believe it. He felt like his life was finally starting as he looked up at the tall building in front of him with the big letters PLEDIS NEWS on the top. Although he was only beginning as an intern here, it was still a small step towards his life plan to becoming a reporter.

It was his goal. His drive. His passion.

Watching reporters on TV throughout his whole life, Chan saw how they were able to shape and deliver the messages, the stories, and the emotion. It was something that he had always wanted to do and now he was just a couple of steps away.

Chan fixed the tie that he picked out the day before, which he asked every guy on his floor for confirmation that it was the one. (“No you don’t understand” Chan said with the most serious stare, holding the five ties he couldn’t choose between, towards his very tired and baggy eyed roommate at 3am, “It’s not just for any job, it’s for the job”)

Chan closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and opened the door.

Chan was waiting for what he lived vicariously through in the Korean Dramas: people in suits and dress attire, practicing their scripts in front of a mirror. The girls fixing their makeup, reminding themselves to enunciate. Scurrying feet checking websites to cross reference stories from computer to computer.

What Chan didn’t expect was a man dressed in a clown costume in a wide squat pumping his feet up and down while another man, with a big camera relaxed on his shoulder, was slightly bouncing his body and heavily lip synching to whatever song his airpods were playing him.

“Uh-” Chan said, with his eyebrows arched as in confusion to what he was seeing, “Am I in the right place?”

The man who was dressed as a clown stopped what he was doing to look at Chan and stood up properly. The intern could feel the clown carefully studying him (but felt more like judging) from head to toe. Meanwhile, the guy who had the camera was still too busy jamming to his song to even care.

“Are you the new intern?” The clown asked

“Yes?” Chan questioned, only because he still wasn’t quite sure he was at the right place

“INTERN!”

The next thing he knew, two arms wrapped around Chan and hugged the intern until he couldn’t breathe. When Chan was let go of, all he saw was the biggest smile that anyone could have ever smiled.

“I’m Seokmin! In charge of the lights! Camera! Action!” Seokmin proceeded to strike a pose, to which Chan just stood to stare.

“You mean you’re in charge of just the lights, Tinkerbell,” The clown said removing his wig to fix his hair

Seokmin glared at the clown before innocently smiling back at Chan, “Don’t worry about him. That’s Seungkwan, one of the our live reporters,”

“Are you reporting on a circus?” Chan asked watching Seungkwan put his wig back on and check his reflection on his phone

“Sort of,” Seokmin said, shyly smiling while rubbing the back of his neck, “They’re visiting the movie theatres,”

“The movie theatres?” Chan questioned

“Yeah, but the guy who writes our scripts hasn’t finished the entire thing yet so we’re not entirely too sure either,” Seokmin explained, “All Seungkwan heard from him was to wear clown costumes and go to the movie theatres while our other reporter was told to go to the museum,”

“How you like tHAT? Ba da Bing ba da BOOM boom BOOM!”

Seokmin, Chan and Seungkwan all looked at the guy with the camera who clearly did not realize he was not the only one in the room.

“That’s Hansol,” Seokmin introduced, “He’s one of our cameramen and.. Often is very separated from what everyone else is doing,”

“I see that,” Chan said, still looking at Hansol who was now trying to do the choreography of the song, even with the camera still on his shoulder, “When are these two going to the theatre?”

“I guess they’re waiting until Jun is done writing the scripts,” Seokmin answered before looking at his watch, “His deadline is 30 minutes before we go live… which is an hour, so why don’t I introduce you to the rest of the team while we’re at it?”

“Oh I’d be grateful! Thank you!” Chan said happily

The two made their way to another section of the news station where there were a couple cubicles filled with papers and folders. They stopped in front of a man who was furiously typing away on his keyboard.

“Hey Jun, are you almost finished with today’s script?” Seokmin asked the other, whose gaze was still passionately fixated on the screen

“Script? What script?” The man answered back, not breaking eye contact with the computer in front of him

“Um.. the script for today’s.. Broadcast?” Seokmin asked with his eyebrows twisted with concern, “Isn’t that what you’re working on right now?”

“Huh, oh this?” The other man finally stopped typing to look at Chan and Seokmin, “I’m finishing a chapter for my Harry Potter fanfiction. I’m at the part where Harry just confessed to Hermoine and Draco uses a love potion to steal her away from him and-”

“Wait wait wait,” Seokmin cut the other off, “What about the script for today's broadcast?”

“I finished that hours ago,” The other said blinking innocently

Seokmin looked at him funny before saying, “I think Seungkwan was still waiting to receive it though,”

“That’s because I never send finalized scripts until the last minute,” the other said stretching his neck, “I find that’s where you truly get the excitement of live news,”

Seokmin just stared at the other who struck a big yawn and started to type again on his keyboard.

“Does Jihoon know about this?”Seokmin asked

“Jihoon is the one who approved of it,” The man said popping a gum into his mouth and arrogantly chewing on it

“Why do I doubt that so much?” Seokmin said in a hushed tone, but loud enough that Chan could hear it, “Well this is Jun hyung. He’s the one who types up our scripts. And this.. is Chan.. if Jun is paying attention..”

“I can multitask,” Jun replied without taking his eyes off the screen

“Well.. moving on,” Seokmin said, gesturing Chan to the next section of the news station, “This is where the real magic happens,”

Chan couldn’t believe his eyes. It was like he always dreamed. Cameras with men that had headsets with microphones conversing with each other all pointing to a big, shining stage with lights spotlighting the large semi-circle table in the center.

There were two chairs behind the table. One man was already sitting in one of the chairs asking someone for some water while another man was standing near the end of the table fixing his mic while talking to another man with a camera.

“That’s Jeonghan hyung,” Seokmin gestured to the sitting man who received his water and was now taking small sips of it, “He’s one of our main anchors,”

“He’s so..”

“Pretty?” Seokmin guessed Chan’s next words, “He had way longer hair than that when he first joined and every one of us thought he was a girl.”

“Seokmin!” The other man, whose mic was now fixed, yelled, “Where is Jun with his script?”

“Apparently he’s going to send them at the last minute,” Seokmin answered

“Again?” the man frustratingly questioned, making his way to sit on the other chair, “It’s been three whole weeks since Jihoon approved of Jun sending these scripts 5 minutes before we start which leaves no time for me to get ready and you know how bad his scripts can get-”

“That’s Seungcheol hyung by the way,” Seokmin whispered to Chan, “He often gets like this,”

Chan just looked as Seungcheol as he was still ranting, even though it didn’t look like anyone was listening

Just then, a man with a dinosaur costume came onto the stage with someone with a camera following right behind him.

“Hyung, do I seriously have to be seen on public television like this?” The dinosaur asked to Seungcheol, interrupting his rant

“You know I have no say in that Mingyu,” Seungcheol annoyingly muttered in response

“Well I don’t think I wasted $200,000 worth of tuition money to wear a dinosaur costume,” The man said, stomping like a child

“Rant to Jihoon about it,” Seungcheol said

“I did! He said he approves of everything Jun does!”

“Then rant to Jun about it!”

“You know Jun doesn’t even listen. He literally replies to anything I say with, ‘I know you are, but what am I?’”

Seungcheol plopped his face in his hands, muffling his groan, “Whyyyyyyyy”

“30 minutes before we go live!” Someone yelled in the background

“Time to go to the museum, Jurassic Park” Jeonghan said, putting his two feet on the center table and resting his head on his hands

The man dressed as the dinosaur glared at Jeonghan as he stomped away grumbling about how he shouldn’t have wasted so much money on his bachelor's degree to work at a news station and something about how he should have opened up a dog cafe instead.. Maybe even a pretzel stand. Chan wasn’t sure since he was too far gone to be heard at that point.

“That’s Mingyu, another one of our live reporters,” Seokmin explained and gestured to the man with the camera running after him, “And that’s Wonwoo hyung, one of our other cameramen,”

“Say cheese,”

Suddenly a flash of bright lights was blasted in Chan’s eyes, which made him almost blind for a solid 2 seconds before adjusting to the man with a camera in front of him.

“The Dreadful First Day of the Intern: Regretting Life Choices. I can see it already!” The man said, happily looking at the photo that he took, “The articles going to be a hit,”

“Was I in it?” Seokmin asked curiously

“Of course! One of your more photogenic photos,” The man said, showing the photo

“This is Joshua hyung,” Seokmin said to Chan, “He’s our photographer and in charge of writing our articles for our website and social media,”

“Nice to meet you,” Joshua said reaching out to shake Chan’s hand, “I’m from LA,”

“I’m Chan,” The intern responded, shaking Joshua’s hand, “I’ve always wanted to go to LA,”

“Then you came to the right place,” Joshua said with a wink, “My whole essence is Los Angeles,”

Chan raised an eyebrow, not sure how to respond

“Oh, and this is Clarity,” Joshua said holding up his camera, “The most beautiful girl in the whole world,”

“Oh..” Chan said, not sure how to respond, eyeing Seokmin who was trying not to laugh, “Hello?”

“Well, enough of the introductions, time to take more photos!” Joshua said before leaving the two alone

“Chan, why don’t I show you where I work?” Seokmin suggested

“Sure!”

Seokmin took them to another room in the back that led to a flurry of monitors, buttons and technological gadgets. There was another man who looked very bored, resting his head on his hand playing candy crush on his phone.

“Hey,” Seokmin greeted

“Mm,” The other grunted, not even looking up

“This is Myungho! He’s in charge of our audio and sound,” Seokmin introduced

“Is the kid going to join us today?” Myungho questioned, turning his body to them while turning off his phone, “In this cramped up room? We could die from claustrophobia,”

Chan looked around at the very. Wide. big. room. with an influx of chairs and even some bean bags.

“Oh Myungho, don’t be so dramatic,” Seokmin said, with a sweet eye smile

“I’m not being dramatic,” Myungho replied with a very serious stare, “People have died from claustrophobia. Are you saying that we shouldn’t care about the people who have died from such a cause?”

“Don’t let him bother you, Chan,” Seokmin said, “Myungho’s just afraid of people,”

“Am not,”

“Is too,”

“Am not!”

“Is too!”

“AM NOT!”

“IS TOO!”

“Girls, girls, settle down!” A man with an umbrella hat interrupted in the corner. Chan didn’t know how long he had been there for.

“Hoshi! I didn’t even see you there!” Seokmin said happily, “Aren’t you supposed to be getting ready?”

“Yeah, but I was getting bored, so I decided to crash here,”

“We don’t.. Crash,” Myungho said, turning around to play with his phone, “If you’re bored, go buy me a coffee. Iced Americano with no sugar and a dash of milk. Make it soy. And don’t come in this room and make dying of claustrophobia more probable,”

“Buzz kill,” The man said softly, fixing his umbrella hat, before standing up, “You must be the intern!”

“I’m Chan,” the intern greeted

“And IiiiiiiiiiiIiiiiiiIiiii’m HOSHI” The other passionately and enthusiastically greeted as he struck a very flamboyant pose, “Aka, tiger,”

“For the last time Hoshi, you are a human,” Myungho groaned, swiveling his chair back around to look at him

“Do you see these eyes, Myungho?” Hoshi said, leaning his body closer to Myungho, who didn’t look fazed, “Do they look human to you?”

“Very,” Myungho replied before swiveling back to continue his Candy Crush fiesta

“Such a buzzkill,” Hoshi said before sticking his tongue out

“Are you a live reporter too?” Chan asked, glancing at his umbrella hat

“Oh no, I’m the weatherman!” Hoshi replied

“And a great one too,” Seokmin said with a big smile

“Which reminds me, I should probably get going since we’re starting soon,” Hoshi said, giving a small salute, “See you on the other side my friends,”

Seokmin happily waved before sitting down and telling Chan to sit down on one of the extra chairs next to him.

“One of the best parts of my job is that you get to see and hear everything that goes on in the news station,”Seokmin said moving the camera remotes, which corresponded what was playing on one of the monitors, “Since we’re a little short staffed here, Myungho and I both are also in charge of the camera feedback,”

Chan nodded in response

“10 minutes,” A loud voice bellowed.. somewhere

“See? You can hear everything,” Seokmin happily remarked

“And see everything,” Myungho said with a mischievous snicker as he took one of the remotes, and pushed the stick upwards as the biggest monitor that said MAIN zoomed into Seungcheol’s face, “This is payback for calling my Armani Loafers ugly,”

Myungho took out his phone with his other hand, pressed a few things before slowly zooming further until only Seungcheol’s nostrils and mouth were being shown.

“What’re you doing?” Seokmin asked

“Shh,” Myungho said, “I’m making an insta story,”

“You know Seungcheol hyung will be able to see that right,”

“But he won’t ever be able to take it down,” Myungho said with another snicker as the nostrils on the monitor started to enlarge as Seungcheol started to yawn

“Remind me to never get on his bad side,” Chan whispered to Seokmin

“Alright, 5 minute mark,” Someone yelled in the background signalling Myungho to zoom the monitor back out and put on a pair of headphones that had a mic attached

Suddenly, a loud buzz was heard and Seungcheol and Jeonghan both took their phones out.

“You call this a script?” Seungcheol asked in disbelief, his eyes widening at his phone screen

“Looks like Jun hyung sent out the scripts.” Seokmin sighed

“And it’s awesome,” Chan and Seokmin both looked at the door as Jun walked right into the chair next to Myungho, putting his arm around the other, “This one is going to be quite a show,”

“Get the teleprompter ready,” Someone yelled in the background

“Wait a second,” Seungcheol protested in a child-like whine, “I don’t think this is allowed! I mean.. Look at this script!”

“Teleprompter on,” Myungho droned into his mic after pressing a few buttons, ignoring the ranting anchor on the monitor

“Has anyone else read this?” Seungcheol continued, not seeing Jun’s wide and entertained smile watching him, “How do you even call this a script? How did Jihoon even agree to this?”

“1 minute,” Someone yelled

Seungcheol muttered something behind his desk as both he and Jeonghan put their phones on silent and in their pockets.

“Counting down in 5, 4, 3, 2-”

Seokmin pressed some buttons as a bright red LIVE came up right above the main monitor screen.

“Welcome to Pledis Live News. I am Choi Seungcheol, your anchor for today alongside with Yoon Jeonghan,”

Chan watched with sparkling eyes. Seungcheol seemed like a completely different person from the complaining child-like personality with flaring nostrils he saw before.

“Today's story takes place at the movie theatres,” Seungcheol said, his eyes fixed on the teleprompter. He seemed somewhat uncomfortable, like he was clenching his teeth and almost angry, yet still smiling, “The topic at discussion: who was the best Joker: Joaquin Phoenix, Heath Ledger, or Jared Leto,”

Chan heard a brief snicker come out of Jun

“Our live reporters are currently at the scene. Let’s hear from Seungkwan, who is at Diamond Theatres,” Jeonghan said

Seokmin pressed some other buttons as the main monitor switched to Seungkwan, who was holding his wig with his right hand as the strong fall win was threatening to knock it off

“Yes, thank you for that intro Jeonghan,” Seungkwan said with a very forced smile, looking like he wanted to cry, “I am at Diamond Theatres where many watch our beloved films. Surveys showed that while Jared Leto and Joaquin Phoenix’s roles of their Joker were shown to receive several positive responses and reactions, Heath Ledger’s impression of his Joker in the Dark Knight received the most love.”

“What a legend,” Chan heard Jun comment on the side

“Movies that deliver such stories. Movies that produce such emotion,” Seungkwan passionately began to say, “With such talent that we are blessed with. Isn’t this the reason why we go to the theatres? At Diamond Theatres, this was live reporter, Boo Seungkwan.”

Myungho pressed something before the main monitor switched back to Seungcheol and Jeonghan.

“That was Boo Seungkwan with our live report from the theatres,” Jeonghan said, “We’re going to continue our live news after some advertisements. Until then, this has been Yoon Jeonghan and Choi Seungcheol on Pledis News.”

Seokmin pressed something that made the bright LIVE letters disappear as both Seungcheol and Jeonghan both relaxed and gave a simultaneous sigh of relief.

“Someone call Jihoon after this,” Seungcheol muttered, frustratingly ruffling his hair, “I’m going to have him fire Jun,”

Jun laughed mischievously as he watched the other continue to huff in stress and begin to massage his temples from his current headache.

“Good job, hyung,” Myungho said giving Jun a high five, “Now he gets double for calling my Armani’s ugly,”

“A minute before advertisements end,” Someone said in the background as Seungcheol and Jeonghan straightened back up, “Counting down from 5. 4. 3. 2..”

“And we’re back live at Pledis Live News. I am Choi Seungcheol, your anchor for today alongside with Yoon Jeonghan,” Seungcheol said, his right eye almost twitching in discomfort, “Our second story today takes place at the historic HYBE Museum where one of our live reporters Mingyu is at the scene to discuss the latest.. swag.. controversy on the Tyrannosaurus Rex.”

The monitor switched (while Jun was snickering in the side) to the inside of a museum where Mingyu’s dinosaur head was being pulled on by a little girl.

“Thank you for the introduction, Seungcheol,” Mingyu strained to say, his tall, dinosaur costume covered body bent towards the direction of the little girl’s pulling, “I am at HYBE Museum to discuss the latest controversy on the Ty- OW, ow that hurts- rannosaurus Rex,” Mingyu said as another little girl came along and started to play with the tail

“Now this is what I call quality news,” Chan hears Jun say ruffling Minghao’s hair

“The Tyrannosaurus Rex is a dinosaur that has been loved by many - OW! That’s my toe!-”

“Should we cut back to main?” Seokmin asked through his headset mic

“Let Mingyu suffer on camera a little longer,” Jun replied with a smirk, looking relaxed as he watched the little girls start to kick the reporter, “It will increase our ratings,”

"An archeology team- oWw my knee- researching in the South Sahara didn't know that they would soon unfold a major discovery- OW STOP KICKING ME-!"

''Cut back to main!" Someone yelled in the background

"Copy that" Seokmin said, pushing some buttons which changed the main monitor to Seungcheol and Jeonghan

"Uh.. thank you for that Mingyu," Jeonghan slowly said, "Now we will move onto our next segment. We have Hoshi here with our weather, Hoshi?

"Thank you for that lovely introduction Jeonghan," Hoshi said as the monitor changed to his smiley self in front of a green screen that was showing the weather on the monitor, "Today's forecast iiiIiiis none other than the peaceful blues of the light and soft drizzling rain,"

"Amazing to think he doesn't even have a script," Chan heard Jun say

"Aren't you supposed to give him one?" Seokmin asked

"I stopped making him one when I found out he makes his own," Jun replied as he watched Hoshi start singing and dancing to It's Raining It's Pouring, "Even I wouldn't make him do that,"

"At least he's entertaining to watch," Seokmin said as Chan agreed

''

"Well that was a disaster," Seungcheol said once the broadcast had finished

"You're telling me," Seungkwan said, furiously marching in with his wig in his one hand, "That was probably the most humiliating broadcast ever,"

"Seungkwan, you say that about every broadcast," Jeonghan commented, "When did you even get here?"

"Oh, we left once our segment was done," Hansol said behind him, putting his camera down

"I'm serious about this one though," Seungkwan said, "What is Beyonce ever going to say about me now that she knows that I was on public television as a clown?"

"I don't think Beyonce would ever watch out news station," Jeonghan said

"Well that's just your opinion.,” Seungkwan sassily remarked, “I can dream, you know?"

“Someone grab Jihoon in here, I want to talk to him about these scripts,” Seungcheol added

“You mean my scripts?” Jun cheekily asked, walking in the room with Myungho, Chan, Seokmin and Hoshi

“Yes, your crappy scripts,” Seungcheol said, “Swag controversy on the Tyrannosaurus Rex? Really?”

“Tomorrow, we have a report on goat cheese, so stay tuned,” Jun said with a wink

Seungcheol rolled his eyes as Mingyu started to drag himself into the room with the dinosaur costume while Wonwoo was behind him.

“You still haven’t changed?” Seungkwan asked, removing his clown makeup with some makeup wipes

“What did I do so wrong to deserve this?” Mingyu started to say, continuing to drag his feet towards Jun, “What did I do so wrong to deserve such suffering?”

“Looks like someone had a rough day,” Jeonghan murmured

“Such turmoil,” Mingyu said, now invading Jun(who wasn’t even fazed or moving back)’s personal space, “Such despair, such misery,”

“I think he’s melting,” Myungho muttered as they all just stared at Mingyu, whose costume was now consuming Jun’s whole being

All of a sudden, a bright flash illuminated the air, causing everyone to look at the source.

“Perfect picture for today’s catalog,” Joshua said with a bright smile, as Mingyu stood up straight afterwards

“Does my tail make my look fat?” Mingyu asked, leaning in to look at the photo

“You just got off public television being beat up by little girls and that’s what you’re concerned about?” Seungcheol questioned

“Oh look, everyone’s gathered together,”

Although he was the shortest man in the room, he caught everyone’s attention. Chan marvelled at how someone could be so small, yet so powerful.

“Has everyone met our new intern? This is Chan,” The man said, as everyone’s eyes made contact with the other, “Don’t scare him off please,”

“No promises,” Seungkwan said, checking his nails

“Chan, were you able to introduce yourself to everyone yet?” The man asked

“I think so,” Chan replied with a small smile, “I think you’re the only one who I have not been introduced to,”

“Oh that’s right. I’m Jihoon,” The man said, “I run this place,”

“He’s the boss, if ya know what I’m sayin,” Hoshi said

“So about today’s broadcast-” Jihoon said, ignoring Hoshi

“Yeah, I was going to ask you about that,” Seungcheol interrupted, “Can we-”

“No Seungcheol, I already told you we’re not firing Jun,” Jihoon said

“But-”

“He’s brought our ratings up an entire 10% and no matter how ridiculous you think his scripts are, they work to bring us viewers, sponsors, and what you love most, money,”

“But-”

“His strategy of giving it 5 minutes before is a smart one. Makes you guys be on your toes,” Jihoon said as Jun gleamed in response, “You should thank him instead of complaining to him,”

“But-”

“I don’t want to hear more buts,” Jihoon said, quieting Seungcheol, who bowed his head “This is the last complaint I want to hear about Jun’s scripts. If you still have problems, come see me in my office,”

“Feisty,” Mingyu muttered

“The head of HR decided to treat us to a dinner tonight and I expect everyone to be there,” Jihoon said before addressing Mingyu, “And take off your dinosaur costume, you look like a buffoon,”

Mingyu muttered something under his breath before taking his dinosaur costume off.

“So what did it feel like to be beaten up by little girls,” Jun asked with a big smile

“Be quiet before I stuff you in this dinosaur suit,” Mingyu said with clenched teeth

“Joshua, are the articles and social media posts up yet?” Jihoon asked

“Yes, all thanks to Clarity,” Joshua answered, patting his camera, “She’s the most-”

“Beautiful girl in the world.. Yeah we get it,” Seungkwan said, rolling his eyes, “Okay, next.”

“Rude,” Joshua muttered, "No one in LA would treat me this way,"

“Can we leave now?” Myungho said in a bored, exhausted tone

“Yes, yes, leave,” Jihoon said, shooing everyone away, “Everyone meet back here in an hour to carpool to the restaurant,”

``
“You expect me to be seen in this sprite can?” Seungkwan remarked as he, Hansol, Wonwoo and Chan stared at the brightest neon green buggy that was sitting in the parking lot

“She’s my prized possession,” Minggyu said, getting in the driver’s seat and turning on the engine, “Only those who are worthy are able have the honor to have a seat,”

“Can’t I just go in someone else’s car?” Seungkwan asked

“Not my fault everyone’s car is an entire mess,” Mingyu said, putting on his sunglasses, “Plus, Jihoon’s the one who arranged the carpools, so if you want, you can bring it to him, but you already know how that’s going to play out,”

Seungkwan made one last groan as he climbed in

Meanwhile, Seungcheol was having trouble turning his car engine on the other side of the parking lot.

“I thought you said that your car was in perfect condition,” Jeonghan said in the passenger seat, staring as Seungcheol tried to turn the ignition one more time

“It is in perfect condition Jeonghan,” Seungcheol said, “My baby doesn’t take negative feedback well and doesn’t like strangers,”

“We carpool to work everyday Seungcheol,” Jeonghan said, “I am the furthest from being a stranger,”

“I’m talking about those three,” Seungcheol gestured to Joshua, Hoshi and Seokmin in the back

“Are we even going to make it in time?” Joshua questioned with concern, “If this was Los Angeles, there would have been people helping us right now,”

“For the last time Joshua, we are not in Los Angeles,” Seungcheol said, trying the ignition once more, “We are in the complete opposite of it and therefore no one to help us,”

“If this car doesn’t start in 5 more minutes, I vote we take Seokmin’s car,” Jeonghan muttered

“Shh, my baby needs to concentrate,” Seungcheol whispered, trying the ignition again

Just then, another car with the license plate ARMANIZZZ pulled up right next to them, indicating Jeonghan to pull down his window.

“Seungcheol’s car won’t start,” Jeonghan explained to Jun who was in the passenger seat and Myungho who was in the driver's seat with Jihoon in the back

“Just take Seokmin’s car then,” Jihoon suggested

“That’s what I said, but this stubborn paperclip eating camel insists we continually try,” Jeonghan said in frustration, “Also.. remind me why this car and the other car is filled with 5 people while yours only has 3?”

“I only drive the people that I don’t hate,” Myungho said

“So you’re saying you hate all of us?” Hoshi asked

“Yes,” Myungho blatantly answered with a straight face

“Well, hurry up or we’re going to be late,” Jihoon said, before looking at his watch, “Myungho, let’s go,”

“Bye ers,” Myungho said with a small salute, pressing a button that started blasting “I Hate You” by 2ne1.

“Alright, I give up,” Seungcheol said before sighing, “Let’s go to Seokmin’s car”