8. Lucid

hole-and-corner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hole-and-corner

Chapter 8. Lucid

 

 

It was a Sunday morning and Lee Siyeon woke up unexpectedly early. She snuggled her pillow before turning around only to find the other side of her bed empty. Tossing her blanket away, she stretched her arms in the air and got off the bed. She did her usual morning routine before heading to the kitchen where she was met with the smell of food being cooked.

 

There she saw her girlfriend, wearing a pink apron over her pajamas, cooking breakfast. Siyeon tiptoed her way to the girl and wrapped her arms around her waist. The other didn't even flinch and just lovingly said "Good morning, sleepyhead."

 

Siyeon just replied, "Good morning, wifey~" but didn't move an inch and just clung to her like a koala.

 

"This will be done soon, Singnie. Could you wait over the table for me?" asked the girl.

 

The younger girl did what was said and patiently sat on her chair. Even though this is the usual scene during the weekends, she has never gotten tired of watching her girlfriend cook breakfast.

 

"Sua-ya~"

 

Kim Bora turned her head to look at Siyeon. "Hmm?"

 

She was just smiling at Sua, not uttering a word. The other chuckled at the sight and got back to what she was doing. She was used to seeing Siyeon acting like that. Only a handful of people were close enough to Siyeon who knows her outside of her persona when at work. A lot of people get intimidated by her piercing gaze but she wasn't always mean-looking. It was just somehow her defense mechanism when she's feeling uncomfortable around other unknown people.

 

 "So... Any plans for today, Miss Lee?" Bora asked as she walked to the table with plates on her hand.

 

"I just want to stay home with you, play video games, watch movies?" replied Siyeon with a teasing smile. "...or cuddle all-day."

 

"Just cuddle?" The older girl wasn't backing up with the teasing as she made coffee for the girl.

 

Siyeon can't help but to laugh at the remark. "Uh-huh. Just cuddle."

 

"Okay, then..." Bora pouted at her cutely as she handed her the cup of coffee.

 

The other girl caught her hand swiftly and caressed it. "But since you're cute, let me think again..."

 

"What's up with you? Why are you so clingy today?" asked Bora.

 

"Am I not always this clingy?" Siyeon replied. "It's just that I was so busy the past days-"

 

"Silly..." Bora said as she pinched Siyeon's cheek. "Okay then, I'll cuddle with you all day."

 

"Just... cuddle?" Siyeon asked this time.

 

"Make up your mind, Miss Lee." Bora said with a smile. "And the breakfast will get cold, let's eat now."

 

 

"You know where to find me if you ever change your mind." The photography club president Minji said with a smile as she left after Siyeon turned down her offer. The younger girl was a bit hesitant yet she was a bit interested as well. Thanks to her anxious impulses, she immediately turned Minji down when she asked her if she wanted to join their club.

 

Taking photos has been her hobby and she enjoys it a lot. She takes photos of skies, flowers, sceneries - anything that catches her eye and then posts it over to her online blog.

 

The rest of her afternoon classes went by quickly and it was around four already and there she was, sitting on a bench, still thinking about the club. She then decided to give in and check it out and started walking back to the main building.

 

It was quiet at the hallways during this time of the day. The afternoon light looks beautiful as it passes through the glass windows, giving the surroundings a yellow orange filter. She stopped by the room at the end of the hallway, beside the staircase and knocked before gently swinging the door open.

 

"I thought you already left-" Words were cut off as soon as she locked gaze with an unfamiliar person sitting before a canvas with her paintbrush. The girl has light brown, bob-cut hair and a piercing gaze.

 

"Uhm, hi..." Siyeon said awkwardly as she surveyed the room quickly and it seems like it isn't the photography club room. "Sorry... I thought this was the photography club-"

 

"It's on the left wing of the building. You are on the right wing." The other girl said with a stern voice as she looked back on the canvas and resumed what she was doing previously.

 

It then diverted Siyeon's attention to the canvas too. The girl was painting some kind of scenery and it is almost done and it is looking so beautiful. Siyeon felt like she was being a bother and decided to just thank the girl before taking her leave. She quickly walked around the building and it took her quite some time before finally arriving at the real club room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter