14.5 Desperation

hole-and-corner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hole-and-corner

Chapter 14.5. Desperation

 


"Are you coming over?" Handong asked in a tiny voice. Yubin suddenly was hesitant but smiled lovingly as she nodded. The other girl smiled back as she opened the door.

Yubin quickly settled herself on the couch, composing her trembling self. The Chinese just dropped the things over the counter and immediately went over to where her girl is. The younger girl had her head resting over the couch backrest with her eyes closed. Handong walked over so quietly behind her then carressed her face so gently, leaning over to kiss her head and then her forehead. The act instantly brought comfort to the younger girl, soothing all her trembling away. She giggled as she opened her eyes, meeting that of her muse... She patted her lap, signaling the other to move, wanting to feel her closer.

With light yet swift footsteps, Handong, ever so gently, settled herself over Yubin's lap. Now facing each other, Yubin cannot handle the gaze and just pulled the girl in a tight embrace, burying her face on the other's chest.

"Can you breathe?" Handong asked in a whisper.

"I can breathe perfectly fine." Yubin answered with a light chuckle.

"HEY!" Handong said with a laugh as she realized what the other meant.

"Seriously?" She asked with a tone of concern.

"Mm-hmm, I can breathe.", replied the younger girl. "You smell good. I like this. Could we stay like this for a moment?"

"Sure, I like it too." She said, shyly.

They were silent for a while. Handong was just carressing her hair as she wasn't moving an inch, consumed by her scent and thoughts on her mind. The older girl felt a deep sigh and asked, "You okay?"

She didn't answer.

"Is this about Chaemin?"

She didn't hear any answer again.

"What? Why are you upset?"

Yubin sighed again as she lowered her arms, holding her waist. She moved back a little, and while holding her head down, she said, "I don't even know why I am upset. It's just that I've been seeing her recently and it makes me feel..."

"Go on..."

"I-I don't know..."

Handong pushed her hesitations away and asked what was really on her mind right at this moment. "Say, Yubin, do you still have feelings for Chaemin?"

There was no answer. Handong suddenly felt impatient and suddenly put her hand on the other's face, tilting her head upwards to make her look at her. Yubin saw a new expression on the other's eyes, and it wasn't sadness or anything like that, probably, jealousy but who could blame her...?

"I--"

"No, stop." Handong said as she put her finger on her lips. "I don't want to hear it.".

She was afraid. It was the first time that she felt this feeling and it pus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter