15. A proposition

hole-and-corner
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

hole-and-corner

 

Chapter 15. A proposition


"Dami. I saw it."

There was no hesitation in that statement. The moonlight shining illuminated her face as her lips curled into a little smirk. Yubin felt shivers all over her body and she gritted her teeth out of frustration.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Her eyes were sharp, stinging into hers, like a predator eyeing its prey. Her smirk then turned into an evil grin.

"You didn't seem to learn from me. I expected you to be better than that." She scoffed as the grin disappeared and she moved closer, suddenly with a blank emotion shown on her face.

She hastily grabbed her shoulder and pinned the younger girl to the wall. The intensity of her gaze is making Yubin feel extremely uneasy added to the earlier frustration that she was feeling. There was silence between the two of them for a moment.

Chaemin moved her face closer and whispered, "So, what are you going to do now?"

Yubin felt her breathing by her ear and she tried to push the girl away. Chaemin, being way taller and bigger than Yubin, was not fazed. The push wasn't that powerful and she maintained her balance as she put a bit more pressure on the other's shoulder.

"Answer me, Dami. What are you going to do now?" She asked for the second time.

"Why do you care?!" Yubin replied, feeling her emotions building into rage. "What's wrong with us dating?"

The answer made the other chuckle! "You've really changed! Are you even using your head?"

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Yubin's voice was raised a bit higher.

"Shhh! You wouldn't want to wake everyone, right?" Chaemin said as she placed a finger on the other's lips. "I wonder if Minji knew...? A superior and her subordinate, dating?! That wouldn't look good... That is basic work etiquette -- to not be in a romantic relationship with your boss or with your subordinate. If Minji knew, she would probably be disappointed. She would take countermeasures for sure! And I'm sure she wouldn't let you go. Then that would mean--"

The push this time was a lot stronger. Chaemin almost fell off her feet but managed to keep her balance as she stepped a few steps away from Yubin who was now looking really, really pissed.

"What do you want?!" Yubin said angrily, her fists formed in a tight squeeze.

Chaemin smiled again. "Glad you asked! I might be willing to keep this secret between us."

She was silent for the moment, as if thinking of something...

The night was cold, and unforgiving. Yubin felt a bit odd, somewhat afraid. She could feel the heat building on her head and the silence wasn't helping at all.

"Give me a chance."

"What the are you saying?!"

"Simple. Spend a couple days with me, just the two of us alone, somewhere far. Then, you decide afterwards."

"I don't get what you are saying! I already have a girlfriend!"

Chaemin lunged and, without hesitation, kissed Yubin. It was too unexpected that the other didn't have time to dodge. The kiss was quick and forceful. It felt nostalgic for Yubin and the sudden shock brought back tons of memories flashing on her mind. She was in a daze for a moment but then realized what was happening. She pushed Chaemin away forcefully, suddenly feeling a sense of guilt.

"Do you really even like her? Then, why are you flustered?" Chaemin asked with confidence. "I just want you to make sure of your feelings... Do you still like me? Do you love her? Only you can decide on that. I just want to be with you, make up to you for the lost time."

Yubin bit her lip out of guilt. She felt disgusted of herself, thinking why did the kiss affect her... Was it because of nostalgia? Or she had not really moved on? She knew her feelings for Handong were true but why is her heart wavering now?

Her thoughts were in a total mess.

"I'll give you time to decide. Meet me here at midnight tomorrow and give me your answer. Else, I will personally tell Minji about what I saw earlier... or you could tell her tomorrow at work? That'd save me time."

Those were Chaemin's last words before leaving Yubin. She fell to her knees, trembling from the encounter and from her thoughts...

 

**********

 

The office was bustling with noise early in the morning as there has been a new project that they're working on. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter